“I'm picky and this is an A+ Great location, Rooms, Staff”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #49 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay and the Inner Circle touches were amazing. Kimpton has a GREAT loyalty program and my Inner Circle tier was recognized several times during my stay (staff actually got really excited about my status which made me feel genuinely appreciated!). The staff were very friendly and professional. My room was beautiful and spacious for NYC standards (1 bd suite). It was well soundproofed, the bed was comfy, and the bathroom was huge an well lit for putting on make-up. Housekeepers were efficient and even left friendly notes.
I had room service and it was super quick and tasted good.
Subway was a very close walk. Tons of restaurants and shops nearby. I am a serious hotel snob and quite picky but also ‘reasonably’ price and value–sensitive (the most difficult combo) and this is a great value exchange. I think I have found my NYC staple!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Amberca1 - You know we love our Inner Circle guests and thanks for your support. Hope to see you back here with us soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,488)

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I agree with other reviewers about the Eventi's staff low effort. I'm an Inner Circle member and am extremely brand loyal to Kimpton. I've stayed at the Eventi several times. The location is good and I do really like the bathrooms. The restaurant is average and I feel like the location of the wine hour is a little weird. They only ever do the minimum in terms of upgrade and really nothing in terms of amenities (once I received a bottle of water and chips). From now on (including later this month), I'm staying at the Refinery. They should sent the Eventi staff to the Palomar-Chicago for training.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

nicNC - We messaged you privately also, but wanted you to know service is all we care about. Glad to read you like our location and our rooms, and good news is since your stay with us last year we have a new management team running our second floor restaurant! Yes we do host wine hour in a variety of locations to try to switch it up. Anyways hope to see you again - Kimpton loves you and so do we!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

The location is great. The room had plenty of closet space. However, housekeeping needs to be trained about proper room cleaning. I can only wonder when was the last time the room we stayed in was dusted. Items from previous guest were on the room floor when we checked-in, they were on the floor five days later when we checked-out. Also note, there is construction next to the hotel. On a positive note, the front desk staff is friendly and helpful.

2  Thank Bill2011_11

Bill2011_11 - Wow sorry to read that. Our facilities team here is one of the finest in the city, but it sure reads liek we missed the mark. Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay a the Eventi Hotel,our first stay was in August of 2013, hotel staff a little tired and room service is slow , had to wait, 30 minutes for ice , no machines . Front desk the same not quite on their game. Rooms are nice with good views,quiet and modern.

Stayed: February 2014
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Bearhall, Thanks for the feedback. We hope to see you again and we assure you we will be on our A-Game! See you soon!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went to New York for a mini-break and tried out yet another Kimpton, its great to see that Kimpton's in New York have the same sort of relaxed feel as those in the North West. We were allocated a great room with a view of the Empire State building which combined with the snow on the streets led to a great New York experience.

The staff are superb, very helpful, our original room smelled of smoke and they moved us quickly, apologetically and with the upgrade to the room we got. Service is about what happens when things don't go so well.

Room Tip: Ask to see the Empire State building
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Seat62A - LOVE IT! Thanks so much for your glowing review and thanks for giving us the opportunity to rectify the concern in your original room. "Service is what happens when things don't go right"...LOVE THAT! Come and see us again soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I am an inner circle member of the Kimpton group and I have to say that i have never been treated in a fantastic way like this. I called the hotel before my arrival to inform them that I was coming for my one year anniversary with my girlfriend and if they could do something special.
First of all the hotel upgraded me to a fantastic suite and second of all there were roses in the room and i got a bottle of champagne. It has to be said, from all the Kimpton properties i have ever done this was the most fantastic ammanety i have ever gotten.
I would like to thank Doras and Brenda for the fantastic front desk service and for the fantastic ammanities i got. Kimpton has some talent in its company!
The view out of my bedroom was very nice and it is really worth it to upgrade to a suite. The room is very very specious, very well designed and very cosy.
The location of the hotel is not the most central what you can get in New York but it is central enough to get anywhere you want in a decent time. I havent eaten in the restaurant but i can say that the typical Kimpton free wine hour was well taken care of and very well organized.
This review is written about my experience mid december, i might go back for valentines day and i will write a new review about this hotel to see if my second stay was as good as the first one!

2  Thank Emmanuel V

Emmanuel V,
Thanks so much! We appreciate the love and support more than we can express! Today we read your amazing comments aloud at our daily meeting and hi-fived Brenda and Doris! Thanks so much and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The service really stands out here. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and extremely helpful, especially after a rough train trip at holiday time. We had a great room, with a perfect view of the Empire State Building. It was a brief stay so we didn't spend too much time in the room, but it was comfortable, stylish and a good value. The hotel location is ideal for travel to/from Penn Station. We weren't blown away by our lunch at restaurant, especially compared to other Kimpton eateries, but it's a cool space; maybe dinner is better. Either way, we'd definitely consider a return visit and, as a long-time Kimpton member, I'd recommend it.

1  Thank hbxfactor

hbxfactor - You Rock! Thanks for being a long time Kimpton InTouch member and thanks for staying with us. We hope to be your only choice during your next NYC trip!