3,752 results
All reviews wine hour the empire state building penn station raid the mini bar cupcakes floor to ceiling windows wine reception new york yoga mat bottle of champagne herald square corner room times square rain shower one bedroom suite front desk staff city view
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed a long weekend and did Xmas shopping, just loved the hotel and staff, not cosy as such but great service, clean and everything just worked excellent. The free wine tasting hour adds to a great experience.

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was my first time staying at a Kimpton Hotel, I read great reviews and usually prefer the smaller-boutique style hotels compared to the bigger chains. It is in a convenient location, easy to get to the metro and walk to sites like, the Empire State building.

I was very impressed with the customer service and professionalism from all the staff. We took advantage of the happy hour and enjoyed wine and snacks before dinner. Juan assisted me with checking in and was extremely polite and accommodating.

In a city like New York, it was refreshing to experience the friendly atmosphere I felt here at Epic. I definitely recommend Eventi for a pleasant stay in the city that never sleeps!

Room tip: Higher floors are always better in my opinion, for better views of the city
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is my second review for this property. It is the same as the first - I think the staff, location, city view, and overall environment are as good as a quick over in NYC can be. In fairness, several problems with both in room and breakfast in the restaurant due to a new menu implementation. The food was ultimately still well presented and delicious and to compensate no charges rendered - and we didn't complain - that was all due to the awareness of the staff. Recognizing a problem and dealing with it proactively? As I said, doesn't get better than that.

Room tip: South side Corner rooms anywhere above 6th floor - Empire State to the left, all the way to world trade on the right. Perfect.
Date of stay: January 2014
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was my second time staying in a Kimpton Hotel (the other was in San Fran).
This hotel fits right in with the high Kimpton standards. Clean, Modern hotel where all of the staff are pleasant and helpful, especiallay when needing directions.

I thought the location was perfect. It is right in middle of it all. One day we walked from the hotel south to battery park and the next day we walked from the hotel to the middle of central park. It was pleasant stroll each day, allowing us to sightsee as we walked along. Additionally, while you are in the middle of it, you are not in the middle of all the tourist. The hotel is basically in the flower district, with great smells and friendly locals. Additionally, there were plenty of local restaurants within a block or two.

I am quite picky when it comes to hotels, but I will certainly stay here again on my next trip to NY

Date of stay: May 2013
Reviewed January 1, 2014

On the edge of Chelsea and a5-minute walk to Penn Station/MSG, this little gem of a hotel is comfortable, upscale, quiet and pet-friendly. One of the Monaco hotels, I expected high-end finishes, cool graphics and a very friendly staff, and was not disappointed. The rooms are good sized for NY, marble bath, robes, nice lighting and windows that open, and when closed insulate well against outside noise. Really liked the 'Do not disturb' light option, too. The front desk staff recommended some great places for dinner (Penn6 and Mayville) that we're just the ticket during the busy holiday season. Would stay again, especially to earn Kimpton points!

Date of stay: December 2013