3,691 results
All reviewswine hourthe empire state buildingpenn stationraid the mini barcupcakesfloor to ceiling windowswine receptionnew yorkyoga matbottle of champagneherald squarecorner roomtimes squarerain showerone bedroom suitefront desk staffcity view
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was my second time staying in a Kimpton Hotel (the other was in San Fran).
This hotel fits right in with the high Kimpton standards. Clean, Modern hotel where all of the staff are pleasant and helpful, especiallay when needing directions.

I thought the location was perfect. It is right in middle of it all. One day we walked from the hotel south to battery park and the next day we walked from the hotel to the middle of central park. It was pleasant stroll each day, allowing us to sightsee as we walked along. Additionally, while you are in the middle of it, you are not in the middle of all the tourist. The hotel is basically in the flower district, with great smells and friendly locals. Additionally, there were plenty of local restaurants within a block or two.

I am quite picky when it comes to hotels, but I will certainly stay here again on my next trip to NY

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

On the edge of Chelsea and a5-minute walk to Penn Station/MSG, this little gem of a hotel is comfortable, upscale, quiet and pet-friendly. One of the Monaco hotels, I expected high-end finishes, cool graphics and a very friendly staff, and was not disappointed. The rooms are good sized for NY, marble bath, robes, nice lighting and windows that open, and when closed insulate well against outside noise. Really liked the 'Do not disturb' light option, too. The front desk staff recommended some great places for dinner (Penn6 and Mayville) that we're just the ticket during the busy holiday season. Would stay again, especially to earn Kimpton points!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed here for 6 days over Christmas. The position was fine for Midtown, Times Square etc but next time I think I would stay closer to Greenwich Village for a more 'village' stay. I was expecting something really quite different from the hotel given the recent reviews but it didn't really live up to my expectations, perhaps I'm at fault for building my expectations to high. It felt like any other hotel to be honest, the rooms were fine, if a little small (although what else would you expect from a NY hotel). The gym was OK, if a little small. Room service left a lot to be desired on occasion, requiring multiple calls for some hot water (in the end we gave up and used hot water from the tap). However one guy delivered a kettle and then came back with chocolates for our kids which was great. Otherwise I didn't experience anything out of the ordinary or different about this hotel, and I stay in a lot. However its a perfectly reasonable place to stay in NY.

Room Tip: There's building work going on around the hotel which means the noise of jackhammers start at 7am on a weekday. Ask the hotel which rooms are best to minimise any noise issues.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I have stayed in 15+ NYC hotels and spent one night here when it first opened and was favorably impressed, enough that I stayed here again in October 2013. The room was nice, a little cool/sexy, my view was urban cool, and the free glass of wine upon returning to hotel at 5 PM was a welcoming touch.

Room Tip: I had Empire State view corner room my first time, but city scape view was still nice on second trip.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had an excellent stay in December. The rooms are very nice but not overly spacious. The staff were accommodating despite being fairly busy. I would say that the only downside is that there aren't a lot of good places to eat nearby for families. But overall I Vern good place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family