3,691 results
All reviewswine hourthe empire state buildingpenn stationraid the mini barcupcakesfloor to ceiling windowswine receptionnew yorkyoga matbottle of champagneherald squarecorner roomtimes squarerain showerone bedroom suitefront desk staffcity view
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had an excellent stay in December. The rooms are very nice but not overly spacious. The staff were accommodating despite being fairly busy. I would say that the only downside is that there aren't a lot of good places to eat nearby for families. But overall I Vern good place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed at the Eventi hotel over Christmas 2013. The hotel is in a great location just a block from Penn Station and two blocks from Macy's. We were given free wifi for the duration of our stay which was a nice touch. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 818 which was a corner suite. The room was big and comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife, son and I stayed in two rooms at the Eventi - not cheap, not even by NYC standards. The rooms were comfortable if basic. The so-called "California King" bed was, as best we could tell, simply a somewhat longer than average queen - fine, I guess, if you're both long and skinny.

But the lack of services is what kills the Eventi. We arrived at 3pm on Sunday, December 29th. to find that the bar closes from 3pm - 5pm every day! So much for a relaxing drink before heading out to theater.

After theater, we got back to the bar at 11:30. The bar was closed.

At about 10:00 a.m., Monday 30th, the hotel ran an entirely unannounced test of their fire alarm system. None of us were happy. All of us wondered why the test couldn't have been run later in the day - or later in the week. No explanation was offered.

Final insult. We went to the restaurant at 11.30 am for a late breakfast. No breakfast served after 11:00. And no lunch before 12:00.

Were we ever to return to the Eventi we might, I guess, discover why they bother to have a restaurant or bar at this minimal to zero service hotel

PjC - Bryn Mawr, PA

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Eventi in the week running up to Christmas, enjoying a few days in NYC.

The hotel is really well placed for someone (like me) who hasn't visited New York before - it's handy for Times Square, Madison Square Garden and the Empire State Building, and Greenwich Village and Washington Square are walkable. There are also good metro links, with 34th/Herald Sq the closest station.

I took one of the City View rooms on the higher floors (20th) and the views did not disappoint. The room was compact, though well put together. A large bed with really comfortable linens were great, though I found that the pillows were limp. There was a large TV with an excellently crisp picture and a good range of channels. The bathroom is the best part of the room: it is big with a good quality shower which you'll want to stay in for a long time.

The service from the staff was good. Nothing was too much for the staff at the reception, who helped me several times with printing tickets for a hockey game and getting my way round Manhattan.

I would recommend joining Kimpton's loyalty programme. I did and got free wi-fi and $15 to spend on the mini-bar, simply for signing up, so well worth it.

On the downside, I was given a room with an adjoining room and the soundproofing between my room and the other was poor. Another weakness was the level of lighting - I found it to be a bit dark and the lots of little lights were a nuisance to switch on and off. Another problem: bottled water from the mini-bar costs $7!

On the whole

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with an adjoining door.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We're not 20 something's so I was a bit concerned when we booked the EVENTI instead of our usual midtown Hotel. From the moment we stepped through the door of this very stylish boutique feeling hotel, we felt right at home. Great staff, great room (Yes it's a bit on the small side but it's NYC and cozy but cool is the way to think about it.) And you are in Chelsea after all--- so walk over to the Highline, visit some great restaurants, Chelsea Market, etc....Wine reception each night kept us going until a late dinner. Always helpful, the associates are top notch. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Definitely go for a higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple