3,691 results
All reviewswine hourthe empire state buildingpenn stationraid the mini barcupcakesfloor to ceiling windowswine receptionnew yorkyoga matbottle of champagneherald squarecorner roomtimes squarerain showerone bedroom suitefront desk staffcity view
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is pricy but worth it. It's hard to find a room for 4. The room was surprisingly comfortable with a huge bathroom. Plenty of closet space but very few drawers. Ask for a room on an upper floor like 20. Great views and less noise. Restaurant food was good, but the service was lousy. We couldn't even get someone to refill our water glasses!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed for three nights the weekend before Christmas. Desk staff were always helpful and attentive when we checked in or later asked questions. Minor billing error at checkout when they tried to bill us for a prepaid room, but that was resolved very quickly. Room was clean and large enough given the location and price. Always had hot water quickly in the shower each morning, though for some reason the hot water in the sink took a long time to come to temperature. Cleaning staff were friendly and our room was always cleaned by the time we returned each day. Except for a few overhead spotlights, the room was lit by sconces and lamps so was a bit on the dark side. This was fine for a pleasure trip but if I was there on business I would find working in the room difficult because of the low light. HINT: join the Kimpton loyalty program (free) before you arrive and you can get wifi in your room. Most NYC hotels charge for wifi so this was a good benefit. Will stay again if I get as good a rate as I got on this last trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, great rooms . We will defintely be returning but breakfast package is way too confusing. Because of this, we went elsewhere for breakfast. Loved the wine hour but on xmas eve the music was v contemporary annoying music..some light seasonal music

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I like to stay the the Eventi when we are in town. The front desk staff are friendly and efficient, the housekeeping staff do an amazing job keeping the rooms spotless, and the hotel has an overall friendly feel. Add to that my dog loves staying here with me. From the dog bed to the dog dishes placed in the room, she feels right at home as well. She gets lots of attention walking through the lobby and loves everyone she sees, especially the front desk staff! All kidding aside, the Eventi is a great boutique hotel right near my favorite Korean Noodle shop two blocks away.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are nice
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Eventi for our anniversary trip. At check in the staff was friendly and welcoming. When we told them we were celebrating our anniversary they offered to send up a bottle of complimentary champagne. Our room was beautiful. We also had breakfast at the hotel's restaurant; the food was great and we loved how the restaurant was all enclosed with glass ceilings and walls-kind of greenhouse style. Overall, we had a great experience at Eventi. The staff is incredible. Every single person who helped us throughout our stay was friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in NYC.

• Stayed: December 2013