“My dog and I love the Eventi's warm and welcoming smiles!”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #41 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I like to stay the the Eventi when we are in town. The front desk staff are friendly and efficient, the housekeeping staff do an amazing job keeping the rooms spotless, and the hotel has an overall friendly feel. Add to that my dog loves staying here with me. From the dog bed to the dog dishes placed in the room, she feels right at home as well. She gets lots of attention walking through the lobby and loves everyone she sees, especially the front desk staff! All kidding aside, the Eventi is a great boutique hotel right near my favorite Korean Noodle shop two blocks away.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are nice

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Eventi for our anniversary trip. At check in the staff was friendly and welcoming. When we told them we were celebrating our anniversary they offered to send up a bottle of complimentary champagne. Our room was beautiful. We also had breakfast at the hotel's restaurant; the food was great and we loved how the restaurant was all enclosed with glass ceilings and walls-kind of greenhouse style. Overall, we had a great experience at Eventi. The staff is incredible. Every single person who helped us throughout our stay was friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in NYC.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My family & I thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Eventi while I was attending a business conference. The hotel was clean, classy and enjoyed by all three generations of our family. It is truly a wonderful place to stay in NYC and we look forward to a return visit. As a special note: the banquet staff was superb at handling my special dietary requests. All in all, a wonderful experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed here in November and I loved it. It was my birthday and in my room was cupcakes and a bottle of bubbly. Fab location close to Macys and Time Square. Hotel staff very knowledgable and polite. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are smallish but typical for NYC. Well laid out to make the most of the space. Not much room to store luggage or put clothes away. $7 for a bottle of Fred water? Furniture a bit worn. Nice bathroom. Convenient walk from Penn Station Amtrak. Friendly staff. Small lobby. A block from Starbucks and Gregory's coffee. Overall the best of my recent NYC hotel stays.

Stayed: December 2013
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

NikonGlass, Thanks for the review. Glad to read the Eventi has been the best of your recent NYC stays - hope that means we will see more and more of you!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

At over $600 a night I simply expected more. The room was underwhelming, no special touches nothing high end except the bathroom which had a great shower, the best feature by far. The service on the other hand was horrendous from both room service who never picked up the phone....to the poor guy at the front desk, who was willing but not really able to help me get a coffee ordered for the morning. There was no order form and no one to bring it to me. After a late arrival, I spent over an hour and a half trying to make this simple thing happen. The wine hour was really only an hour from 5-6 so after arriving in the lobby a little after six I asked about the wine, thinking as with most hotels that have this feature it was 5-7 it was already over. No one said when the wine HOUR was and it seemed odd as there were only 2 or 3 people in the lobby at that time. my suggestion would be if your offering this special service make it for when the majority of travelers are heading back to the hotel. Overall it was just not a top hotel experience, as expected. Service is key at this level it seperates average from luxury.

1  Thank Betsy Z

Betsy Z, Sorry to read you didnt feel you got good value here with us. You are correct we have a nightly wine hour every night from 5-6pm and these days we host on the second floor in the restaurant. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I am an experienced traveler and this was my first visit to the Eventi Hotel during the busy Christmas Season. The Hotel was very clean, well appointed and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming. I have a small business and I like to promote "Boutique" Hotels. I will definitely be back. A great value for the experience and the location considering that it is just a walk from Penn Station and close to shopping and theater.

I don't normally take time for a review BUT they deserve the recognition.

A Butters

Room Tip: The smallest room was sufficient during my stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Al B, Awesome - Thanks for taking the time to share - we love reading that you found your visit with us so on-point that you just had to write a review. Look forward to seeing more of you in 2014.