“Amazing hotel with a fab view of the Empire State Building”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #50 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed here in November and I loved it. It was my birthday and in my room was cupcakes and a bottle of bubbly. Fab location close to Macys and Time Square. Hotel staff very knowledgable and polite. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (3,540)

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are smallish but typical for NYC. Well laid out to make the most of the space. Not much room to store luggage or put clothes away. $7 for a bottle of Fred water? Furniture a bit worn. Nice bathroom. Convenient walk from Penn Station Amtrak. Friendly staff. Small lobby. A block from Starbucks and Gregory's coffee. Overall the best of my recent NYC hotel stays.

Stayed: December 2013
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

NikonGlass, Thanks for the review. Glad to read the Eventi has been the best of your recent NYC stays - hope that means we will see more and more of you!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

At over $600 a night I simply expected more. The room was underwhelming, no special touches nothing high end except the bathroom which had a great shower, the best feature by far. The service on the other hand was horrendous from both room service who never picked up the phone....to the poor guy at the front desk, who was willing but not really able to help me get a coffee ordered for the morning. There was no order form and no one to bring it to me. After a late arrival, I spent over an hour and a half trying to make this simple thing happen. The wine hour was really only an hour from 5-6 so after arriving in the lobby a little after six I asked about the wine, thinking as with most hotels that have this feature it was 5-7 it was already over. No one said when the wine HOUR was and it seemed odd as there were only 2 or 3 people in the lobby at that time. my suggestion would be if your offering this special service make it for when the majority of travelers are heading back to the hotel. Overall it was just not a top hotel experience, as expected. Service is key at this level it seperates average from luxury.

1  Thank Betsy Z

Betsy Z, Sorry to read you didnt feel you got good value here with us. You are correct we have a nightly wine hour every night from 5-6pm and these days we host on the second floor in the restaurant. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I am an experienced traveler and this was my first visit to the Eventi Hotel during the busy Christmas Season. The Hotel was very clean, well appointed and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming. I have a small business and I like to promote "Boutique" Hotels. I will definitely be back. A great value for the experience and the location considering that it is just a walk from Penn Station and close to shopping and theater.

I don't normally take time for a review BUT they deserve the recognition.

A Butters

Room Tip: The smallest room was sufficient during my stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Al B, Awesome - Thanks for taking the time to share - we love reading that you found your visit with us so on-point that you just had to write a review. Look forward to seeing more of you in 2014.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

The warm staff and surprise pleasantries make your stay feel like a home away from home. While this was my second stay at one of the Kimpton Hotel chains--first being in San Fransisco--I was surprised the genuine, friendly nature of the Eventi team stretched coast to coast!

The property is very modern with a trendy lobby paired with an equally chic bar area one floor up. This modish lounge serves complimentary wine and snacks--daily, mind you. The stylish mood extends into the rooms where a very comfortable suite awaited our languor. The living space was a decent size for relaxing, but I'm glad I made it to the ultra-plush bed for slumber. If you're like me, you'll appreciate the mini-bar, which transcends your standard selections.

Location is ideal for trips uptown or downtown with nearby subway access at Herald Sq. Or, exit the main lobby to wade through the sea of taxis awaiting you on Sixth Ave.

Highly recommended; well done Kimpton.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

afnowak - BOOM - Thanks for the 5 star review! We are thrilled to read your great review. Happy Holidays to you and yours - see you in 2014!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We chose to stay here because of a wonderful prior experience at Ink 48, another Kimpton hotel in Manhattan.The booking was not inexpensive, but the overall experience was very disappointing. Although the beds themselves were clean and comfortable, the property itself is in dire need of a good general cleaning.The dining room felt particularly dirty, and the bathroom grout was black. The towels were small and worn. Throughout our stay, room service trays on the floor outside of the rooms were not promptly collected. We had hoped to find a copy of Time Out or another such city guide in the room as is customary, but none was supplied.
On a positive note, the staff is extremely friendly, and the wine hour was nice surprise.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank L W

L W, - Hmmm, seems like we missed our mark - sorry to read that. However, it was good to read that you enjoyed our team and found our nightly wine reception pleasing. I noted your concerns with the second floor restaurant and I have shared your feedback with their team. Thanks for your feedback and happy holidays!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have become a Kimpton hotel fan. The Eventi Hotel is a fine example. The best reason to stay here is location. You can walk to the theater, restaurants, shopping and Madison Square Garden. The service or lack thereof was where Eventi fell short and is why I did not give them 5 stars. They just did not exhibit the Kimpton attention for detail and seemed somewhat aloof, cold and distant at the front desk to helping guests seeming more content to chat amongst themselves. One of those small details like failing to keep water available for guests in the lobby area was not what I am use to in a Kimpton Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors have a wonderful view of NYC.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

jwwcpa - So happy to read our location worked out well for you - come and see us again soon. Happy Holidays to you and yours!