“Still Pleased Several Years Later”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #41 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Florida
“Still Pleased Several Years Later”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

It's been a few years since we stayed here since we usually stay at Eventi's sister Hotel "The Muse" which is closer to Broadway. This time we wanted to be closer to Madison Square Garden. This hotel is also closer to Macy's.
From the time we checked in to the time we checked out everyone was very pleasant.
The concierge was also very helpful.
Our room was spotless as well as spacious.The only thing I was disappointed with was that there was no coffee machine in the room like most hotels have nowadays.
We used the bar but did not eat in the restaurant. It was dark at the bar/ restaurant but was comfy enough for us and our guests. They also had a really nice complimentary wine hour with cheese, crackers and fruit.
This area is a little more quiet and less hustle bustle than the Muse (Broadway) location.
We were very pleased with our stay and would stay here again.

1 Thank DiegoFlorida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (971)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I just completed our yearly November weekend trip to New York. This is the third year staying at a Kimpton, and the second year at the Eventi. The location is great, and within walking distance to most of the places we go. But if you are going a little further, it is an easy cab ride, or if the traffic is bad, the subway is just two blocks away. The hotel is really nice, large rooms, comfortable beds, good closets, and quiet. We had a great view of the Empire State Building. And, as always, the staff at the Eventi are really wonderful, friendly and helpful. Can't wait until next year.
R. Wilson

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I did not spend too much time in the Eventi, but the interactions I had with staff and the room itself (a Premier One Bedroom Suite) were excellent. The Eventi gave us a very favorable room rate as part of a wedding block, and, somewhat to my surprise, did not bat a entity eyelash when basically all of our guests chose other hotels.

Of course my interactions with staff could have been shaped by our event, but check-in was smooth, concierge service (glasses for groomsmen whiskey) was prompt and efficient, and the porter who helped us with our bags of wedding materials and midnight snacks at 1:00 am was great. In particular, the bathroom was excellent, with very good counter space, a frequent issue for me and my now-wife.

My only regret was that none of the men and women downstairs knew how to tie a bow tie, but then again, neither did any of gentlemen, and I got it eventually. Again, I did not pay attention to as much as I should have and was only at the hotel for a short period of time, but I would happily recommend the Eventi to friends or stay there again myself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dont_Stop_Believing, Great handle! Thanks so much for the 5 star review - we are so happy that you enjoyed your time here with us at Eventi. Come and see more of us this winter!
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Eventi has become our NYC home away from home. Always super clean and fresh smelling rooms coupled with a friendly staff, great style, free wine hour and convenient location. A couple of very minor disappointments on this visit:
1) windows were very dirty
2) Bigelow amenities instead of Etro. I consider Etro to be higher end AND they are not made in China.
3) on site restaurants are once again in a state of flux. Staff directed us to the Breslin at the Ace Hotel for a great brunch. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Mark-in-Boston
Mark-in-Boston, Cool name, we love Beantown and we have some great Kimpton Hotel's up there. Hey thanks for the thoughtful review and for taking the time to share with others. We look forward to seeing more and more of you.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've stayed at the Eventi several times and have to say, I felt the service a bit off this last trip. No doubt, the hotel is in a great location. A perfect midtown location. But, I found the front desk to be less than responsive and the room to be a bit tired. I stayed in a suite, and by NYC standards, it had a great amount of space. However, the furnishings looked worn. However, it was clean. All in all, a nice place to stay, but certainly no WOW factor here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nancy h
nhb27612 ,
We want you to come back and stay with us and we are certain we will WOW you. Thanks for the review and we hope we have the chance to see you this winter.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I has never heard of the Eventi until a few days before our visit. My GF, who hates almost all hotels chose it and despite it being in a location I would never have chosen it was the hotel I booked. I am beyond pleased that I did! The location was perfect for our brief stay. Convenient for everything! The staff was exceptional. Our corner room had killer views of the ESB and the Freedom Tower down 6th. The price was not cheap but it was fair for the room and the view. I'm a convert and my GF was happy! Life is good. We do not get to NYC too often but when we do we will be staying at the Eventi!

Room Tip: Request a corner room on a high floor. The views are amazing!
Tom G,
Boom - A five star review - those sure make us smile! Thanks so much for the review and for your support. We look forward to seeing you more often.
Stamford, Connecticut

Great Service Clean Hotel Good Food

We just spent a night here and it was great! The service was great, the hotel was clean, and we where surprised at how good our room service was! I mean it was still room service but a good dinner in bed beats dinner out on a busy NY night. It was a special day for us too and when we walked into the room there was a bottle of wine, chocolates, and a hand written note on the desk! How Cool!

We will be coming back!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 16th floor and could see the empire state building!
Kwag343,
It sure sounds like you had a special evening! We hope that you come back and celebrate many special occasions with us - see you soon!