Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
MADE Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Paul Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hayden(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Oakwood at 6th Avenue(New York City)
  • Fitness center
3,577 results
All reviewswine hourthe empire state buildingpenn stationraid the mini barcupcakeswine receptionfloor to ceiling windowsnew yorkbottle of champagneherald squarecorner roomrain showertimes squareone bedroom suitefront desk staffcity viewfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews from Tripadvisor, I wish I had booked elsewhere for what we paid. We paid $419/night for 4 nights (not cheap!) and only had a mediocre experience. All of these reviews speak of treats sent to your room, amazing service from everyone, etc. We didn't experience any of this. When you enter the hotel I didn't really feel welcome, everyone is just talking amongst themselves. The room was nice, starting to look run down though. The bed was super comfortable which was nice after a long day of walking. The location wasn't great, not many restaurants around, had to walk at least 10 blocks for breakfast (which isn't a big deal - but a diner closer would have been nice as the hotel breakfast was way overpriced). We've stayed at the Distrikt, the Moderne, the W Times Square and the Sofitel and I liked them all better than the Eventi, especially when budget comes into play. Wine hour was just about the best part of the hotel stay. All in all I would only stay here again if I got a far better nightly rate.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jillydal
Reviewed September 25, 2013

From the moment I was greeted like an old friend by Kevin at reception, I felt like I was home at the Eventi. Perhaps he detected my slightly frazzled demeanor after a mix up at JFK. The hotel is very handy to nearly everything being at the Chelsea end of Midtown. And it's not in the middle of a depressing "hotel row" but in a modern building on 6th Ave.

I was offered an upgrade by email a few days before arrival. It's worth it. I was given a corner room on the 12th floor with a great view of the Empire State Building out the window. Nothing says that you're in the Big Apple more than when you pull back the curtains in the morning and there it is!

The staff were always pleasant and helpful. I left a small tip each day for housekeeping and was amazed to receive a hand written thank-you note on a few occasions. (I stayed there for nine nights) Patrick at the front desk was more than happy to spend time sorting out my tangled web of reservations (I had the 9 nights spread across four separate bookings). And there was always a big smile and greeting from the doormen and the staff at the nightly wine reception.

By the way I was there during the US Tennis Open and it was great that they had appropriately themed evenings. Being able to sit on the terrace with a glass of vino, watching the tennis on a giant screen attached to the building opposite while mingling with other guests made for a really great end to each day.

Just a few things. The elevators there have a mind of their own and you often have to wait for some time during busy periods. And don't rely too much on the complimentary tea/coffee in the lobby in the mornings. On a few occasions it had run out, and despite being told more would be coming it often didn't. Especially in the last half-hour of the allotted time. But there's Starbucks and Gregory's nearby.

One final thing. There's nothing worse than trying to read in bed with only a dim bedside lamp to light the room. The Eventi has bright book reading lamps on goosenecks on both sides of the cot. Perfect!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelCynic
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the beginning of September.
The hotel itself is in an uninspiring location, the area around the hotel is a little rough.
The hotel in is clean and well looked after, I agree with a previous reviewer that the towels in the rooms are not great and a couple of ours were discoloured.
The beds are very comfortable, we were on the top floor so not to much road noise
Our safe in the room did not work on arrival but was fixed immediately.
The staff are excellent. Very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: The top floor is 23, not much noise, but you may have to pay for the upgrade.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I wanted to like this hotel. We spent our anniversary here and picked it over several other nice looking hotels.

For the record, we come to NYC 1-2 times a year and have stayed multiple times at other Kimpton properties. I'm a Kimpton card holder.

Checking in, we noticed that the floors were not very clean in the room and that some things appeared a little rundown, such as the curtains which were frayed at the bottom. This hotel offers no ice bucket and no ice dispenser on the floors. When my wife called down, she was told that they would send ice up. A half-an-hour later no ice had come and we had to call once again.

The air-conditioning system was very weak and we had to open the window both nights we were there. The towels were inferior quite frankly. They looked something out of a low end chain hotel; they were discolored and felt rough. The water pressure in the shower was weak. For the entire weekend stay we were left one small bar of soap for the sink and the shower. By this, I mean one bar and one bar only; not one bar for the shower and one bar for the sink.

Having left a nice tip on the next morning we expected the room to be clean. When we arrived back at our room we discovered that the floor had not been cleaned properly, there was only one roll of toilet paper that had already been opened and was partially used, and the floor was dirty. Looking down, I noticed a red pill on the floor that neither my wife nor I had dropped.

We visited the restaurant area and were surprised to find that the carpets were dirty and stained. The hostess was not very welcoming, seeming agitated by our presence.

Unlike the Muse Hotel, when we entered this property the attendants and clerks were huddled up at the desk talking to each other and did not welcome us as the Muse hotel does. I don't mean just once, I mean on multiple occasions when we entered the hotel. In a way, I realize this is a small thing but it's a big thing too.

The worst part of our stay with this hotel involves our daughter. She called the hotel to a try to get a bottle of wine and some sort of snack sent to room to celebrate our anniversary. She told us that she eventually was sent to somebody who had an accent so thick she couldn't understand him. After some difficult communications, she was told that that was something that could not be done. When she asked if they could simply send a snack such as a room service cake to the room for our anniversary and she was told that yes, that could be done but she would have to fax her drivers license and credit card information to the hotel in order to do it. Shocked, she declined to do this for obvious reasons.

On the morning of check out, I went downstairs and talked to the clerk, Patrick. I told him that we had several problems with the hotel and I told him about the problem my daughter had. He explained to me that that was hotel policy I was left with the impression that it was the 'way it was' and there was nothing he could do about it. I don't mean to imply he was uncivil or discourteous; he was not. But he offered no apologies or other solutions. The big problem for me here is that Patrick never asked about the other problems I had told him we had. Had he done so, I would've explained about the issues with the room that were really unacceptable for the amount of money we paid.

Again, we have come to New York City many times. Unfortunately, this hotel is simply not worth it for the amount of money paid.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank captacoustic
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

captbanjo,
Hey it looks like we missed our mark in regards to your overall stay with us and for that we are truly sorry. We have used all of your feedback with members of our team in hopes to improve our consistency. We hope to see you again and get the chance to win you back. Thanks!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Eventi in June for a few days while visiting friends. From the first moment we stepped into the hotel, we were greeted by a welcoming staff who was more than willing to go the extra mile. We arrived a bit earlier than our check-in time, but the staff was more than happy to take hold our bags and take them to our room as we explored the city. They gave us great ideas for restaurants and places to see during our stay. The room and amenities themselves were exquisite. The room was comfortable, clean and inviting with a fantastic view of the city. Everything you could want from a hotel room! I would definitely stay at the Eventi again for the friendly staff, decor and overall quality. The daily wine hour was a great way to unwind after a long NYC day!

Room Tip: The suite was a great way to stay. Very comfortable and didn't have that cramped feeling.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple