“Very good business option in midtown” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #44 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Very good business option in midtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed at the Eventi while on business in July. Location is good for Midtown. Reception was friendly/efficient. Room was great (4th floor) with view via the floor to ceiling window of the 6th Ave. enjoyed the business wine reception. Staff were helpful - especially the guys our front who will do whatever it takes to get you a cab! Didn't use the meeting rooms - but they seem to be good for conferences etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (960)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

A wonderful example of Kimpton chic - very nice place, warm and thoughtful staff, luxe amenities, quirky and interesting features like the dual (rain and hand held) shower (which is HUGE by NY standards). Rooms are also large by NY standards - unlike many other Kimptons, this was purpose built, so it's a newer (5 years or so) building with all the amenities. It's a great place and often great value - sign up for their 'in touch' program (free) and they send specials and last minute deals. Valet parking is pricey. A very well run hotel.

Room Tip: book a regular room, and if they have 'city view' (ESB) rooms available, they'll move yo...
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Beautiful boutique modern hotel! 10-15 minute walk to Times Square! Very clean and comfortable beds. Our room on the 21st floor overlook the beautiful city skyline! Has a very nice open deck and happy hour daily! Nice size fitness center and free bicycles (first come first served basis). The staff is very friendly and helpful. They also have many complimentary items that other hotels just don't have (too many to list). So if you happen to have forgotten to pack s omeething, it is likely on that list! They also have free delicious coffee in the lobby every morning. I would definately visit this property again!

Room Tip: Top floors are definately the better views of the NYC skyline!
Green Features: They are surely a "green" hotel with many environmentally friendly practices
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

As a former resident of NYC and one who visits the greatest city in the world multiple times a year, for both business and pleasure, I have had occasion to stay at many of the city's finer properties. Eventi has become my NYC home away from home. As with many Kimpton hotels, the staff distinguish their hotels from the competition. This is especially the case with Eventi. Visit after visit, Assistant Front Office Manager Gabriella Monte has gone above and beyond. On my latest visit, accompanied by my son, Concierge Kevin Rountree had created a wonderful caricature drawing of my son, drawn off of a photo that I had shared from a prior trip. Like most people, I appreciate attentive, individualized service when I travel. I especially appreciate it when my loved ones are meant to feel welcomed and special. Well done Kimpton Hotels and especially well done Eventi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Been travelling a fair bit - I LOVE the Kimpton Brand - I go back to the Epic in Miami often, but wow was the eventi a disappointment ?

From the checking-in, where at 16:00 (4pm) I was told that my room wasn't ready, that I had a common surname(wait for it) - I left to go shopping around the corner. On my return, the chap behind the check in desk could not (a) remember my common surname and (b) forgot that he tried to check me in an hour prior!

I was later joined by the rest of our group, flying in from London. Wanting to put our feet up, and have a beer to chill out, we were told that the Bar on the 2nd floor was 'a Private Event' and as such not open. When I asked our hostess if they were running a hotel (with ammenities for guests) or a conference /events centre, it was all lost on her.

Suffice to say, we were made to sit in the lobby, tried to order a beer but the waitress (probably hired on looks and not command of the english language) could not take the order.

We got some vouchers to make up for our 'inconvenience' - worth 'a drink' each. The next night we tried to redeem them for bloody mary's - only to be told that they would not cover the cost of any cocktails - house wine only. I gave them to some wine drinking folk and left.

The rooms are OK, the hotel have no character. Better bet is to stay in the Village! His area is all commercial and devoid of what i would call the 'real New York'.

In short - Kimpton is great, the Eventi isn't! !!

Room Tip: Stay in East Village!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Calvin L
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Calvin L,
Sure looks like with missed with you on your stay with us - sorry to read. You are right we don't currently have a bar in the lobby, but that doesn't mean we won't always...hint hint! We look forward to winning you back. Have a great rest of 2013 and we will see you soon.
Hartland, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I like the Kimpton brand. I like the fact that they are completely, absolutely Pet Friendly and I like the feeling that the understand that God is in the details.

We recently visited New York City on a last-minute trip, and i wanted to bring our two dogs. I made a reservation for them at the D Pet Hotel, and was pleasantly surprised to find the Eventi Hotel is two blocks away.

We were greeted warmly. Our one bedroom suite was comfortable and surprisingly (for NYC) large. I love the deep bathtub in the shower -- seems to be a Kimpton specialty (first saw this in Baltimore). We had an excellent dinner on our first night: the service was great, and the food was abundant and delicious.

The only small glitch was that they don't have ice machines, and didn't seem to have insulated ice buckets. Her Ladyship likes having ice the morning -- but is not fond of calling room service (etc.) to get it. At my suggestion the hotel sent someone out to buy a small cooler, like one you'd take on a picnic. It was a perfect solution, and kept the ice frozen for the duration of our stay.

The broadband was fast. TV's large and modern. Lots of plug sockets to charge our road warrior devices.

I have two teeny, tiny criticisms. When we checked in the bellman was more involved filling out some sort of card for the car, and left Her Ladyship to schlep the bags. I even mentioned this to him, but the form took priority over our luggage. (I also like to be vigilant with luggage on a bustling sidewalk -- lest it go walkabout.)

We checked out, but wanted to leave our baggage until later in the afternoon. The front desk told me I'd need to go back to the room with the bellman for "security reasons." I told them I was not doing this, and they arranged to (apparently) send a security guard in my place. Apparently "union rules" prohibit a bellman from going into an empty guest room. Odd rules -- I suspect it's more related to tipping rather than anything else.

Her Ladyship and I enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back to the Eventi.

Room Tip: We took advantage of the Kimpton upgrade program and were upgraded (for $95 per night) to a one bedr...
1 Thank Craig_Walsh
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time at Eventi and I will say, they did not disappoint. The rooms feature outstanding views of the city with wall to wall windows facing the Empire State Building. The cleanliness is impeccable. Even the pipes under the sinks (yes I looked) I don't miss anything when it comes to cleanliness and neither does Eventi.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple