“The Best!”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #49 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed at the Eventi and definitely enjoyed our experience there. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on! The room was exceptionally clean and well designed...we especially liked the spacious shower.
The iced tea in the lobby was a welcoming sight after a warm day in the city...what a nice touch! The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. Just a terrific atmosphere.
We enjoyed a delicious lunch on their terrace that had a fantastic view. While staying there, we also attended a private event and, again, the food was exceptional. All in all, a perfect experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,488)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I recently stayed at the Eventi and I was blown away by the hotel. The location is great, the decor is classy and the staff is top notch. I frequently travel for work and the Eventi is in a class of it's own. The rooms are spaciously and well appointed, you'll find yourself taking pictures to show others.

The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. You will feel welcomed and may never want to leave. The Eventi is setting the bar very high for all other NYC hotels to try and compete.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing but any room is a great room at the Eventi
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days as part of a week in the US. Just prior we had flown into Washington DC from the UK and then departed from JFK.
This was part of a 16th wedding anniversary holiday and the staff at The Eventi did a great job. Remember to quote their word of the month at check in! You can find this on Facebook and for us it achieved a room upgrade with a view of The Empire State Building!
We never ate in the hotel but had drinks in the bar which was spacious and comfortable.
The front desk staff were very helpful and were always eager to please.
All in all this was a great stay and alongside its central location when we are next in NYC we'll definitely use this hotel again.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visited NYC with my niece to celebrate her birthday. From the moment we arrived until we departed, it was a perfect visit thanks to the terrific staff. In particular, Patrick treated us like royalty, with a beautiful birthday card and cupcakes awaiting us in our 'best view in NY' room. I have travelled to NY often -- this was my best hotel experience ever!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank K W
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed 2 night at Eventi and enjoyed our stay. Checkin was fast, nice complimentary cold drinks at the lobby helped during the hot summer days. We used their free bikes to ride to Central Park & along the Hudson River. Rooms were great too. Highly recommend!

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend in NYC. I had stayed at Kimpton hotels in Boston and Philly, and this was just as fantastic as I had expected from my experiences in those cities. As an InTouch member, we were warmly greeted and offered assistance with dinner reservations, accommodations, and got to know the front desk staff.

We had requested a quiet room (which can be difficult from our experiences staying in Manhattan), and we were given a room on the top floor with an amazing view of the Empire State Building. The room was incredibly quiet, and the bed and room was so comfortable that my husband and I both woke up a couple of times feeling like we were in our own house. The bathroom was awesome and was equipped with carerra marble and a rainfall shower head. The ease of use of the Internet was great. We ordered breakfast one morning, and the service was fantastic. We came in one night after a night of food and wine and the front desk staff offered to send a pitcher of water up to our room for us. The views from the restaurant patio are also awesome and very relaxing.

The location of this hotel was great for us. It was waking distance to all the places we wanted to go - West Village, Union Square, Gramercy, Greenwich Village, and the Theatre District.

Also, after our trip, I received an email survey from Kimpton. I gave the hotel the great feedback I had, and the hotel manager personally sent me an email to thank me for the positive feedback.

Loved this hotel!

1  Thank Meagan B
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were travelling to the city for my dads 60th birthday so was a special trip. I had emailed the hotel before hand to request the two rooms we had booked were close to each other, and this request was fulfilled on arrival with both rooms on the 22nd floor with great views of the city.

On arrival at around 2pm only one of the rooms was ready but that was no issue as check in is at 3pm. My parents room had been upgraded to a corner room on the 22nd floor with great views of the Empire State Building. Great start! After we came back from our first exploration of the city the other room was ready. I also mentioned the secret password for August and was rewarded with 4 vouchers for a continental breakfast in the hotel restaurant. That evening the hotel sent up a bottle of champagne to my parents room with a cake which was a lovely touch.

The hotel wine hour is excellent and we managed to attend twice. Red and white wine or white sangria were on offer with cheese and bread. The staff were keen to keep topping up your glass which was fine with us!

Rooms are an adequate size with the most comfortable hotel bed I think I have ever slept in. Bathrooms are fabulous with huge rainfall showers. The rooms had everything you needed and if anything is missing the hotel are quite happy to get it for you. The only glitch we had with our room was that I got an electric shock off of one of the plugs when plugging in the hairdryer. This was reported to reception and they immediately phoned the maintenance department to get it fixed.

The hotel is ideally placed outside of the madness of Times Square. Its one block walk in each direction to reach 2 different subway lines that take you all over the city. The area around the hotel was fine and very close to Macy's and the Empire State Building.

Overall I thought the hotel was fantastic and would highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in the city. They really made the trip special for my family with the small extra touches and I couldn't fault them.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor for great views of the city
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family