“Wonderful stay in Midtown, excellent staff”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #39 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful stay in Midtown, excellent staff”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here as part of family road trip and this was by far the nicest property we stayed in. Wonderful view of the city, amazing happy hour, oh my gosh who has a free happy hour? In addition to that, the happy hour was on a terrace that was comfortable and beautiful, wish we could have enjoyed it for all the days we were in NYC. My very skepical 16 year old even gave it a nod, and nothing I do pleases him. The beds were comfy, the bathroom looked like a spa, and overall very clean. The lobby was beautiful, and this hotel is very conveniently located. By far the best part of this hotel was the staff. We had a lot of questions, and everytime I asked someone something they went out of their way to help. The front desk employees were so awesome, and they truly seemed like they loved their job, and were having a great time. They were all so accomodating, and while we couldn't get a later check out, they were able to keep our luggage for us until we were ready to leave the city. By the way, their check out time was already later than most hotels (12:00). Join Kimpton's loyalty program for free WIFI and minibar credit. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone! I will search out Kimpton hotels in the future, this was a winner. thank you!

Room Tip: ask for view of the city
Green Features: similar to others I've stayed in, loved the locally sourced items
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BZtraveler16
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
BZtraveler16,
5 star review - thanks so much! What a great review and so happy to read we even got the nod from your picky 16 year old - how fun! We hope to see more and more of you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (971)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was here for a short business trip. My room was very small, but I had a HUGE window with a nice view of the city. The layout was very clever - they use every inch of the space wisely.

Nice personal care products, good smelling shampoo.

Room service was OK.

Room Tip: Go higher up for a good view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gretchen4
Gretchen4,
Thanks for your feedback and for your recent review. So happy to read that you enjoyed your view. Come and see us again soon.
Manhattan
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Where do I begin? A "special" friend of mine flew in from out of state to see me and spend some quality time, so I wanted to make sure we stayed at a romantic but quality place and impress him:-)

The Eventi exceeded all of my expectations (and his!) This gorgeous boutique hotel is centrally located, is great for couples and families alike and the staff really does go above and beyond to make sure your stay is perfect. As soon as I checked in, all of the staff located in the lobby and front desk greeted me with smiles and a sunny disposition. That put me in an even better mood than before.

The air conditioner in my corner room was not working, so I notifed Front Desk. Almost immediately after I hung up the phone, front desk sent someone to try and fix it (it worked after). My date and I then went out to dinner. When we came back, we found 2 cupcakes and a chilled bottle of champagne, on the house! This was certainly an unexpected and lovely surprise. However, the AC went out again :-( I called Front Desk to let them know, and the young man who took my call (a lovely young man named Juan) proceeded to tell me that I was being moved to another room (with working AC!) and the keys were already being made. If that isn't excellent customer service, I don't know what is. Check out this morning was a breeze. Again, the staff this morning was also amazing!

I've stayed at many hotels in the city, and this one by far is the best! The rooms are spotless and a decent size (read, not a tiny shoebox), the bathroom is modern, marble, and absolutely gorgeous, AND the staff truly are top notch. It is an amazing value for the amount of money you pay. And you get even more perks when you join the Kipton Hotels Loyalty Program. Forget to pack an essential item? No worries! Their motto is, "You want it, we'll get it." Again, you will be very well taken care off.

I highly recommend this hotel if you want to have one of the best experiences possible. I can't imagine going to another hotel after the Eventi and am looking forward to booking more Kipton Hotels as I travel the US for work for the remainder of this year.

Other hotels should really take note ;-)

Room Tip: Corner suites allow ALOT of sunlight (which I love and helps me start the day). Also, if you want to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JtotheN,
Wow - what an amazing review - thanks so much! So happy to read you had an extraordinary time and we hope you can join us again soon. We are having so much fun this summer on 6th Avenue with our Hester Nights Street fair every Thursday in the Eventi Plaza and our new loaner Bike Program. We hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The Eventi, Kimpton's midtown Manhattan outpost, does not disappoint. You can't find a more convenient hotel with this level of service and value. It's a five minute walk from Penn Station, two blocks from Herald Square and a manageable distance to Madison Square Park, Union Square, the Empire State Building and more. The rest of NYC is easily accessible via just about every Subway line, taxi cab, or Citibike sharing.

You'll be warmly greeted by friendly, knowledgable staff, treated to wine and theme drinks in a beautiful indoor/outdoor lounge with a view and enjoy spacious accommodation. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well appointed.

Be sure to join Kimpton's loyalty program for perks like free WiFi and a Raid the Minibar credit.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank FourDayTraveler
FourDayTraveler -
Great Name! Thanks for your recent review and support. Who wouldn't want to be the "go-to hotel"? Look forward to seeing more of you.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel, and it was pretty darn nice. We had a small suite, which actually could have been considered large (according to our family that lives there and saw the room). but it was more than sufficient. It was clean, it was quiet (we were on 6th floor) and the service was excellent. Staff was friendly, efficient, and professional. The price was very good too. They were especially nice addressing a couple issues we had (the safe didn't work) they fixed it immediately. We had left a few toiletries behind, they brought things up that we needed, no hassle, and they even brought us a fan to use while we were there. The only thing we were initially concerned about was no coffee maker in the room, but they have them if you want, just ask and you will receive! We had room service coffee the first morning though until we realized that we could get a coffee maker, and it was awesome coffee so it was a nice treat. The breakfast buffet we had on Sunday was very good, lot's of good choices and service was as great as the hotel service. The location was good too, walking distance to lots of the "touristy" stuff. All in all, when we we go back (and we will often) we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is probably quieter. That's where we were, no noise at all.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MarRey99,
A city so nice they named it twice! Thanks for your glowing review and for staying with us. When you are back to visit your family you must come back and see us. Have a great summer!
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have really enjoyed all my visits to the Eventi, and each time has been a great experience.r entertainment and/or destination trips. And even taking a genuine interest in where I am from is always nice.

Don’t worry every time my job sends me to NY I will be staying at the Eventi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Al4371,
Boom - Another 5 Star Review! Thanks for putting our mind at ease that you will only be staying with us going forward - we look forward to it!
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here from July 3rd to July 11th for our honeymoon and it was the best hotel we could have had! Great central location for everything that we wanted to do! It's a few blocks from Time Square which we loved! The housekeeper, Li Li, did a great job! Such a great staff there! We ordered some food from the hotel and everything was delicious! We will definitely choose this hotel again when we come back!

• Stayed July 2013