“Great Hotel”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #48 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I loved this place! It's a chic and modern hotel located in a central area close to a subway station and within walking distance of many of the city's sights. The rooms are clean and attractive; bathrooms have a large shower stall with rainfall shower head. The beds are super comfy. Our room had floor to ceiling windows with a great city view of the Empire State building. I can't say enough about the staff: cheerful, good humoured and helpful. The chamber maids left thank you notes after being tipped each day. This was the first time I've ever encountered this. There's a Happy Hour every day from 5 to 6 with lots of wine and cheese which we thoroughly enjoyed. I hope we get the opportunity to stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed here the first week of July when prices appeared to be considerably more reasonable than l...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,484)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

A wonderful hotel - one that we appreciated even better after our flight was cancelled and we were delayed an additional two nights, during which we stayed a few blocks away in a different hotel that made me cringe... but I digress...

The Eventi was fantastic. Room was quite spacious and modern, CLEAN, beautiful bathroom with a refreshing rainfall shower head, and nice strong (but quiet) central A/C which was much appreciated during the hot humid week we were there. We also arrived on my birthday and the staff sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne and two cupcakes - so thoughtful!

The fitness center was also pretty nicely equipped with complimentary headphones, apples, water, and well-stocked with towels. Would have been nice if there was also a pool but alas no.

The one lacking thing I wished for was a coffee machine in room. We tended to stay out late and woke up late - missing the coffee in the lobby. Do NOT get coffee at the place in Brighton's next door - they serve Intelligentsia beans but I have no idea what they are doing to it. It's seriously terrible. Go up 6th one block to Gregory's (across the street, on 31st and 6th), or down to Stumptown in the Ace Hotel (more pricy but excellent coffee and espresso drinks if you're serious about your coffee).

Location-wise it was also a very central base for exploring the city (our first time there) with good access to the subways and also Penn Station for fast connection via LIRR to JFK. Restaurant choices in the immediate vincinity were more limited though, so if we return we might consider somewhere in East or West Village instead... but otherwise I'd have absolutely no qualms with staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing 6th Ave - it can get quite noisy facing the street, although the heavy dra...
1  Thank jujSF
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My partner and stayed with at this hotel during pride weekend (June 28-30) and it was well worth it. The hotel itself is beautiful and the customer service was excellent. We had a beautiful room on the 22nd floor with a full view of the empire state building (which was lit up in the pride colors). Kevin at the front desk was very accomodating and welcoming. We truly enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

During check-in, I gave the "secret word" for July and was upgraded to a suite! I was so excited, I always read about the fabulous perks from Kimpton and I was getting to experience it first hand. The room was amazing, I loved having the living room to come back to during the day and cool off from the heat and just watch tv. The bathrooms in the rooms at the Eventi are spacious and I always love the products, CO Bigelow. Plus as a Kimpton in touch member you get a "raid the mini bar" card and free wifi. My favorite thing about this hotel is the location. I love to walk in New York, this a good home base to explore the city. Plus if you get too tired, there is always easy access to subways near the hotel. At night, it is quiet enough to thoroughly rest up for the next day's adventure. The bed and pillows are like a little piece of heaven. All the staff is gracious and make you feel at home. First, become a Kimpton In Touch member, second, follow them on Facebook/Twitter, then the most important, book a stay at the Eventi...you will not regret it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cmnix
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Every detail about my stay at the Eventi was excellent. The staff was genuinely interested in making my stay as comfortable as possible. The decor was sophisticated yet warm, all areas of the hotel were a visual pleasure. My room was the most spacious I have experienced in New York, bed was super comfortable. Next time in New York I will definitely choose Eventi

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I loved this hotel! Stylish, comfortable, with all the extra little touches that make you happy as a traveller. A free upgrade to a city view room was much appreciated, and the tall windows with urban views were great. The room was adorable, very well designed to maximize use of space and still be fun and luxurious. Super comfy bed, awesome shower (with both rain-style and handheld options). I even loved the smell of the Bigelow products. You could hear neighbors a little bit but not too bad, overall very quiet atmosphere. The hotel has all the amenities you would need (restaurant, spa). Location is very convenient to public transportation and near Penn Station (but not too near, hehe), and close to all my favorite neighborhoods like Flatiron, Chelsea, the Villages, and also Midtown too. For the price I paid, this place was a steal for NYC. I will be back.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed on the 21st floor. We had a great view of the city in a king bed. The bed was very comfortable and we really enjoyed that the room and the bathroom had dimmers.

The hotel offers a free cocktail hour from 5-6 and we stayed the full hour. I tried to tip the two girls working but they said they could not accept a tip.

We parked in the garage under the hotel at $46 a night. They said it was self-parking but they parked it for us.

The hotel has this strange food-court style café area that we used for a glass of wine and French fries. The hotel also has a courtyard area pocket park behind the hotel that I did not feel safe with homeless people hanging out on the benches, so we never used it.

I would stay here again but wished the hotel was just a few blocks west, seems to get the riff-raff, junky restaurants and tacky hole in the wall tourist shops since it is so close to Penn-Station.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room facing the Empire State Building
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends