“kimpton delivers again”

GreenLeadersSilver level
sarasota florida
“kimpton delivers again”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I always try to stay at a Kimpton Hotel: This trip did not disappoint.
I call Kimpton's - Ritz lite as they offer less of the glamor - but all of the essentials -
of a ritz-carlton -- at a much lower price.
Eventi is very clean - staff is wonderfully effecient and professional. Rooms are
all they need to be. Cliente seem to be mostly business people and families-
but very proper and pleasant people.
Kimpton "in touch" which is free to join provides some nice Perks.
Of all the many hundreds of choices of hotels in New York - I think Eventi is
about the best value I have found and I have been visiting New York for thirty years.

Room Tip: we had a corner room on the twelfth floor (1217) and I would try to get it again. View of the Empir...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tappyt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Comfortable hotel in a good location. Great service and excellent restuarant.
Rooms are spacious and very well appointed.
Excellent views from the higher floors.
Short walk to 5th Ave shopping and lower Manhattan.

• Stayed June 2013
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've stayed 4+ times at the Eventi in their one bedroom suites over the years and have found it suits my needs perfectly.

The restaurant is overpriced and under delivers, has horrible decor.

Rooms are fab, location central, staff helpful.

Room Tip: The difference between their two mid level suites is only whether the bathtub has jets, I only like...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Artist333
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Eventi while visiting NYC. Great location to explore Chelsea and the surrounding neighborhoods. Proximity to Penn Station made getting to and from the airport with luggage a breeze. Several subway stations are a short walk away to get wherever you want to go. Our room was amazing, clean and comfortable, great views, and surprisingly quiet. The hotel has a really nice bar/open air covered patio space. The hotel staff and concierge were very helpful to provide suggestions for where to eat, traveling around the city, storing luggage before check-in and after check-out. I am a huge fan of Kimpton hotels and experiences like our stay at the Eventi keep me a loyal customer of their hotel brand.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I first stayed here at the recommendation of a client and found it to be a very pleasant experience and a good value. It is a stylish place that totally has a NYC vibe, but is also very relaxing at the end of the day. One of the things I loved most were the huge white marble bathrooms. A big bathroom is always a welcome surprise in NYC.

It was during my second trip that I really had a noteworthy customer service experience. It started with a problem because I suspected my AC was not working. They quickly sent up a very nice engineer. He promptly identified that he would not be able to fix my AC, then picked up the phone and rebooked me in a huge suite across the hall. The bellman came up with the new room keys within a few minutes and offered to move my bags. I was impressed. I did not have to ask for anything; they just made it happen. The suite was a nice way to compensate for the problem. It was like my own not-so-little NYC apartment for a few days.

My only regret is that I lost the engineer's name -- he is a Chicago Bulls fan, that I remember!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at Eventi the night before my second licensing exam for medical school. I only mentioned this once during my reservations, and was very surprised with the welcome I received as a result. Firstly, the person who checked us in at the front desk was very amicable and friendly. Someone must have past the message on because he knew I was there for an exam and put me in a quiet corner room.

When we went up to our room we found a good luck note addressed to me and cupcakes compliments of the staff (it made my night!). Oh- and the cupcakes were delicious.

The room was extremely comfortable to sleep in, it was very dark once we drew the drapes and the clock (and ipod dock) in the room had an adjustable dimmer. The shower was great too. Considering this is a hotel in the middle of NYC I was very surprised at how big the room was in comparison to other hotels (that were actually more expensive) I had been to.

The service at Eventi truly is made to make you feel like it was customized just to you. They know how to make you feel special. I live in the city, and would highly recommend this place for tourists coming to the city who want to stay somewhere comfortable but very trendy. I would also recommend this to people coming in for business or fellow medical students writing their board exams (its right by 1 penn plaza if you're writing your exam there).

In summary, they truly exceeded my expectations, this hotel is a steal in the city-excellent all around!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank smashiesabs
Lillestrom, Norway
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed in several New York hotels, and have usually never really liked them. Not that they aren't any good, they are usually just too cramped, to expensive, too... everything.

When I decided to book the Eventi to end a US round trip with colleagues we have no expectations. We saw the good reviews but did not expect much.

Well, I was surprised. A rather uneventful check-in. Both the guy that checked me in and the bellmen could have shared a smile. They did not. Not in any way, but I suppose that is New York for you.

Anyway, when I got to the room it was superb. Had room 2015 with a fantastic view of the city. A separate sitting/TV room, a well stocked minibar, a huge bathroom and a heavenly bed. The Kimpton is aso quite affordable for being in the city, so all in all I must give it A+ for value.

I slept like a baby until 11AM, missed the breakfast by a mile and rather enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant on the second floor. A good club sandwich and great service.

I would say that this hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. Yes, the front desk and bell men could have been a little merrier, but all in all it was a great stay. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business