“Exceeding our expectations”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oslo, Norway
“Exceeding our expectations”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

What defines a great hotel experience? A great bed, not too soft and not too hard? A wonderful breakfast? A room with a with? A central location that puts you at the heart of the city? A consigliere service that gets you a table at a popular restaurant? Friendly staff that has genuine smiles, smiles that origin from the fact that they are truly proud of the product and service they are offering? At the Eventi in New York you get all of this....and more!

I have stayed at numerous good and great hotels around the world, but never felt more welcome and appreciated than at this hotel. The staff responds swiftly to all requests, you never have to wait for anything at all, and they do it all with a personal touch. I am truly impressed by their attitude and service level. It says something about a company, its culture and values, when all layers of employees wears their uniform with pride, their heart on the sleeve if you will, and represents the hotel and the brand in such a good way.

Our expectations were high, but the hotel itself and the staff at Eventi exceeded our expectations by a country mile. This is the type of experience you talk about, or at least we do! Thanks again for a wonderful stay. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HenningDS1976

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Palm Springs
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Most NYC hotels have small rooms, a fair level of service and an average restaurant. This hotel is different. It's a small'ish boutique hotel, with better than average rooms. While the rooms aren't large, they're arranged in a unique way where it feels a bit bigger than it actually is. The bed is comfortable, nice flat screen television and actually a nice bathroom and products. I enjoyed the restaurant and ate there for breakfast each morning.

If they had a lobby bar, it was closed early, by the time I got back to the hotel in the evening, although I didn't clarify whether they actually had one or not. I did have a service issue upon check in and when I brought it up to the management the next morning, they addressed it immediately.

This is a unique hotel and certainly an interesting place to try.

Room Tip: The largest room you can
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rumford, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed at the Eventi with two other couples and five children. The hotel is a fairly easy 15 block walk straight up to Times Square. Hotel deatils:

- Check-in and lobby staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful. Nice fireplace and sitting area in a tight, homey setting.

- Bar, restaurant and lounge are on 2nd floor in beautiful greenhouse like open air set-up looking right across at large movie screen on adjacent building wall. Cool. Food and drinks were fine. Service is a bit impersonal and detached.

- Rooms are modern and hip. Comfortable and well appointed. Beds were very comfortable.

- Elevators were a bit slow at times and, be quick, they close fast. Haha. No big deal.

I'd stay here again. To me, the Giraffe Hotel and The Eventi are both solid bets in this area of NYC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DeansDesk
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have stayed at Kimpton properties in the past and always had a positive experience, so the bar was high for Eventi! Expectations were not only met, but they were exceeded, I was totally blown away by this hotel. Our room and in particular the service at the hotel was top notch.

We stayed during the second weekend in March -- the weather should have been fine. It wasn't -- our flight from Boston was cancelled that friday and we could only get out on Saturday due to the snowstorm. I called the hotel and they were more than friendly about pushing back the reservation by a day and told me that my room would be ready whenever we arrived. Good Start.

When we arrived on Saturday, we had a smooth and easy check-in process. We were travelling with an 8 month old baby, so were pleased to know that the room was ready with the crib already in place as requested. And i should say that the front desk people paid special attention to our daughter and even got her to smile -- that matters a lot to us!

Our room was fantastic (we splurged a bit) -- we had a suite with two rooms and a perfect view of the empire state building. Bathroom was super nice (fancy marble) and they even had cupcakes waiting for us (which were not from the day before thankfully!). We couldn't have been happier.

I slept great that night but my wife did not and here is the reason for why we were so pleased with our stay. She realized that she was allergic to something feather in the room but we left the hotel in the morning and forgot about it until we arrived back at 8PM that night. I was a little nervous, thinking there would not be appropriate staff to remove the feather items. Well not more than 5 minutes after our call, a team of 3 people from housekeeping arrived and made the switch in less that 2 minutes. And they could not have been friendlier... that sealed it for us.

In addition to the front desk staff and valet staff being so friendly, the security staff by the elevator at night were also great. Its nice that we did not have to use a key card to access our floor in the elevator but felt secure with the very friendly gentleman standing by the elevator who recognized us every time we arrived.

We wish we could have stayed longer though we know where we will be staying for our next trip to NYC!

Room Tip: Try and get a view of the Empire State Building!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New Delhi
Reviewed May 19, 2013

it is not often that you expect warmth and service at a hotel in NYC. The eventi does that well right from the time you check in. Prompt and helpful, the good experience starts from the reception and continues in every department including the restaurant. the rooms are good size and the hotel is well located minutes from the empire state building, about 1.5 km from times square and a nice walk from chelsea and the flower market.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 16, 2013

As a frequent traveler and national sales manager for a top hotel company, my standards and expectations are exceptionally high. The Eventi Hotel surprised me at every turn. From the moment I entered the modern and clean hotel, Preston offered me an iPhone charger as I had lost my luggage and a dead battery. He turned a rough start to the trip into a better one. The next morning at breakfast, the staff greeted my husband and our infant son warmly and gave us the best service. Food was good and the wine hour each day was fun! The front desk / bell staff, Gabriella, Franciso and Patrick were so friendly and connected with us in such a personal way. The room was perfect and we slept soundly each night. Location was close to the subway, so we could hop on and be anywhere we wanted in just moments. We cannot wait to visit our favorite city again soon and we will without a doubt stay at our new favorite hotel, The Eventi Hotel.

Room Tip: I recommend booking the City View room through the Internet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 16, 2013

A former New Yorker, I still travel back to the city I love several times a year. I've tried many different hotels over the years but rarely submit reviews on them because I'm usually underwhelmed. A lot of hotel experiences in NYC under $500/night are very 'meh'.

The Eventi Hotel, however, changed all that. I've been in Kimpton hotels before but this one is especially sexy. The rooms are slightly above average size for NYC but because they feature floor-to-ceiling windows they feel much bigger. The window wall really opens up the space up and provides a dramatic view of the city outside your little aerie in the sky. We had an oblique view of the Empire State building from our 12th floor room.

The location on 6th Ave and W. 30th is close to Penn Station, which is good news if you are arriving by train. Even if not, it's a very central location close to multiple train lines, the always charming Chelsea neighborhood, and an excellent home base overall.

The bathrooms are enormous, impeccably clean, and beautifully finished. Our bathroom had a walk-in shower for two with both an overhead rain shower head and a handheld shower spray. The water pressure was excellent. The white marble vanity is expansive and truly built for two. You won't lack for space to put your toiletries in this bathroom.

Everyone on the staff that I dealt with was professional, fast, and friendly. When I checked in I was distracted, disorganized, and in a hurry and the front desk attendant never lost his smooth, calm, and professional demeanor with me. Thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms ending in -05 have a slightly different layout (square instead of rectangular). The bed is fa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple