“Officially a convert to Kimpton”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #39 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Officially a convert to Kimpton”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

So I don't typically write reviews unless I have an outstanding experience, which I did at the Eventi. I had to write this for the sole purpose of raving about my experience there the wkend of 3/23/13. I just wish I could remembere the name of all the staff that helped us during our stay.

I booked a prepaid room with 2 queen beds using a Kimpton spring promo code for my best friend's bachelorette party. We arrived around 6pm and upon checking in, I was told we had been upgraded to the Presidential suite. I assumed it was a better view or something. The front desk woman said that they randomly pick a room to upgrade when the hotel is sold out. Guess we were lucky, or just very late to arrive? Anyway, we told her that we were there for a bachelorette party and were excited for the upgrade. (My friend still teases me about our girlie squealing after hearing the news!)

The bellhop guy told us that our room (502) was the nicest in the hotel. Again, kinda skeptical not knowing much about Kimpton properties. We get to our room, it's really nice - the bathroom was gorgeous, there was a balcony and it had an office area. But we quickly realized it only had 1 bed...not gonna work for a bach party with 4 girls. We tell the bellhop this and he calls down to the front desk, and mentions that the adjoining (503) room has a pull out sofa. Now we're thinking - we paid for 2 BEDS not a bed and pull out. The front desk says that we can look at the adjoining room and have it if we want. He shows us the room........

AMAZING. It clearly is just for entertaining/partying b/c it's got a full dining room with bar area. A very trendy "library" living room with an additional bar area and table. It also has an additional bathroom. (And the pullout sofa - which they makeup with a feather bed, down comforter, etc.) The room is attached to another balcony and a tented balcony with heaters, outside bars, chairs, lights, etc. Not to mention the details like fresh flowers and art strategically placed everywhere. Details to die for. Again, this was a high roller suite kept in immaculate condition - not some run down party suite in Vegas.

We called down to the front desk a few times for random things and they were really pleasant to work with... the concierge, bellhop, etc were so nice. In fact, b/c we were dealing with the room situation, we missed the end of the free wine happy hour so the bellhop told us he'd send us up a bottle no charge. How sweet? (We declined b/c we had actually brought booze w us) When we were checking out we asked the front desk how much that room typically goes for and his response was "Thousands? It's typically only booked for celebrity stays." I'm really impressed that they let us have the room, considering we actually paid for a discounted room. I doubt other chains would be this flexible or offer upgrades to guests that weren't "preferred" or "platinum".

Nice Job Eventi, normally I'm a Starwood fan but Kimpton has officially converted me :)

Room Tip: Obviously we got the best in the hotel which was 502/503, I don't know if they are available or...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
christinaemcc,
WOW - now thats a review - thanks! We have to say we read it twice and are getting a big head as a result! We are so happy you had such a spectactular weekend and that you are now one of our family. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (989)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 3/21 - 3/23 and was very impressed. The hotel is in a perfect location that is one block away from Penn Station, around the corner from both Times Sq and Chelsea. The hotel has beautiful decor from the lobby, to the restaurants, to the guest rooms. I stayed in a one bedroom suite and found it to be very comfortable and large. The room came with a nice work station, pullout couch, minibar, large bedroom and large all marble bathroom. All eloquently designed and the bed was very comfortable. I didn't have a city view, but I highly recommend taking the view as the Empire State Building is right there and provides gorgeous views! My favorite part of the experience was the staff. Every staff member I met, was pleasant, courteous and always asked how my day went from the door man to check in to the maid. (The maid even took the time to leave pleasant notes and thanking me for her tip each morning.) I have to give a special call out to Dipali who checked me in. She was very courteous, took the time to ask how my travels were and provided me with full details to all amenities and services the hotel offers. She definitely made me feel very welcome at this hotel. Overall, great stay and I will stay at this hotel again on future trips to NYC

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1712. Great room and very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
ArnieLA,
5 Star reviews make us so happy - so thanks! We will give Dipali a high five on your behalf, so thanks for the shout out. We hope to see more and more of you!
Athens, Greece
Reviewed March 26, 2013

It is a great well designed hotel that can offer in many of its rooms a nice view to Manhattan.
It was a good value for money for the $300 (including taxes) that we paid for a city view king room on March 2013 but would think twice if I was to spend more than $350.
Room 2205 (22 out of 23 floors) was spacious with a fantastic view to ESB. The heating system was a little noisy and the bathroom a little chilly. Great bed. Great feeling.
The hotel's facilities were great. Breakfast a little pricy (the buffet cost $40 pp including taxes and double espesso).
I would expect that they would provide coffee all day in the lounge and not just in the morning (other, cheaper, hotels in the area did so).
The most risky thing when you pick up this hotel for your holiday is the location.
It is in a rather degraded Manhattan area that doesn’t give you the feeling that you may expect.
In the other hand the location is very strategic to combine the Soho and Village area (specially for the night) with midtown Manhattan. And that was good enough for us.

Room Tip: Room 2205 (22 out of 23 floors) was spacious with a fantastic view to ESB. The heating system was a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank happy_kampy
happy_kampy,
Hey thanks for the review. So glad that you loved the room and the view and that our location worked out well for you. Hope to see more and more of you!
MASS
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for business. It was a short walk from penn station and the rooms were large (for NYC). Loved the wine reception. Restaurant not so great and not great selections in the area but I did like the vibe of the place.

• Stayed March 2013
paducah1983,
Hey Hey - Another 5 star review - thanks! We are so pleased you found our hotel perfect for your business needs and that you were able to join our nightly wine reception. Come see us again soon!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here for four nights 7th to 11th march 2013 with my husband for a weekend break. This hotel was brilliant, nothing was too much trouble for the staff, from helping book tickets to a comedy club to providing advice on tipping as this was our first trip to USA, we asked for a city view room which I would recommend. The location was brilliant for sightseeing all over nyc and we found lots of great places to eat and drink close to the hotel. The rooms were large for a central city location and we loved the floor to ceiling windows. The bathrooms were also very generous (last time I stayed in central London the bathroom was 1/5 the size- barely enough room for one person) the bed was large and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family traveling to nyc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathryn L,
We love exclamation marks! Thanks so much for your feedback and the raving review. We hope to be your only NYC choice for years to come.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in this hotel four times within the last year. You know how the first time you go somewhere, it's great but the following visits, you like it less and less. Not with the Eventi. Love the location -- rooms are what hotel rooms should be in NYC. Absolutely adore the wine receptions in the late afternoon. Twice it was on the rooftop and the weather held in our favor. Couldn't pick a better place to unwind after a long day working. The coffee in the lobby is great in the mornings and the staff went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay. What hotels phone you every day to make sure that the hotel is up to your expectations? We stayed four times and will continue to stay there in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank drlearn
drlearn,
Nothing makes us happier than to read that you like us more and more with each visit. Thank you so much for staying with us and we can't wait to see more and more of you.
Boston
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel for the location and especially the view! I was in the city for business on a Sunday night and got a great deal from Jetsetter.com. I spent an extra $15 and got a ciity view room, which i highly recommend. I travel to NYC on business at least twice a month and have stayed in over 50 different boutique hotels in the past few years, this by far exceeded my expectations for the price i paid, ($215). The location is also very convenient to shopping, restaurants, and nightlife.

Room Tip: choose a city view room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mels33,
Thanks for the 5 star review! It sure sounds like you have stayed in a ton of NYC Hotels. We hope you come back to us!