“Great hotel, excellent service and location”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #43 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Birmingham
“Great hotel, excellent service and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were visiting New York for my birthday and opted to stay at the Eventi. My husband notified the hotel that we were visiting for my birthday and they upgraded us to a great room on the top floor with a view of the Empire State! They also left champagne and cakes in the room on the evening which was lovely. The service is great, the staff are friendly and I would recommend the restaurant and sports bar next door. The hotel has wine hour between 5-6 pm with free wine which is great. Even have an ipad to print out your boarding passes. Would recommend for couples.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (970)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I came to NYC just for 3 days, 2 nights and were happy to find that the In Touch membership and the Last Minute deal put this hotel in our budget with great perks. We were pleasantly surprised to arrive to a very warm welcome (especially since the front desk must see hundreds of people a day!) and a room ready for early check in as requested. The location, the gratis evening reception and morning coffee and the very helpful and competent staff made this an awesome stay. We will definitely come here again when we visit. We (unfortunately) have expensive taste when we can afford it, so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: You might want to spring for a room on a higher floor to get a better view, or specify a bathtub if...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time in New York staying at the very stylish Eventi hotel in the Chelsea area of New York. Our room on the 17th floor was perfect for us, we had a fantastic view of the Empire State building and were centrally located for all the things we wanted to do around Manhattan. The Hotel staff were all very welcoming and friendly with good knowledge of the area and nothing was too much trouble. The free wine reception each day between 5-6 was a great way to finish a busy day out seeing all that NYC has to offer. We would definitely stay again and happy to recommend.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

What a great Hotel - updated, stylish. Kimpton did a wonderful job on the rooms too! there are some basic items that have a new modern twist - like the shear curtains on the window are acutally a mesh and not the typical looking junk. the bathrooms are all Large with marble counters, large showers with a rain head and a hand held shower head. if you drop the soap your bum doesn't stick out of the shower and is the case in most NYC hotels. I have stayed here 3 times now since Dec 2012 and it will be my go to hotel. from the doormen, reception staff, maids or the resturant staff they clearly have customer service down. On my first visit the cab pulled up and the doorman opened the door of the cab for me and I looked up and the door man was like 7' tall - he said let me help you with your bags and I was so stunned by his size I just said "oaky" - I am not sure of his name but on each visit he is the nicest guy... always helpful with recommendations or helpful hints... Oh and any room in this hotel has a great view of the city. There aren't many tall buildings close to it so every room has a view of the city and not of an alley or the next building.

Great hotel

Room Tip: I have stayed in a room next to the elevators - silent and any others. which us seasoned travelers...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Commack, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Our group of 7 women were in the city to celebrate a 50th birthday. We'd stayed at The Muse in Times Square (another Kimpton hotel) a few years prior, but wanted a Chelsea experience this time. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the accommodations, the service and especially the staff. From the moment we entered and were greeted at the front desk by Patrick, we knew we'd made the right choice. He literally made our weekend perfect. He is personable, helpful and more than a little adorable. (hey - we may be 50, but we're still breathing!) The rooms are spacious and well-quipped, the bathrooms are gorgeous and the complimentary birthday champagne, fruit and cupcakes were delightful. I would highly recommend The Eventi. And when you go, say "hi" to Patrick for us. ;o)

Room Tip: We were on the 23rd floor - awesome view of the city.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Loren B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and i stayed at the Eventi for 3 nights at the end of February.

On arrival at the hotel after a long tiring flight we received a warm welcome with the great news that we had been upgraded to a room on the 23rd floor. The room had a great view of the Empire State Building which looks great at night!! The bathroom was a good size and had a jacuzzi style bath and also a large shower. There were 2 sinks for those who may need 2 and complimentary etro toiletries.
The bed was a good size and pretty comfortable and both the bedroom and sitting areas had flat screen tv's....not that you will be watching much whilst you are in NY.

Due to the visit falling on the birthday of my wife and also a special anniversary, the hotel very kindly send up a bottle of wine and also a cupcake for my wife(maybe another cupcake for the husband would have made the stay even more special!!)

The hotel lobby is very inviting and has a wonderful open fireplace which is pretty awesome after a day walking the streets of New York in Feb/March!!
The breakfasts served in 'The Humphrey' are pretty good(especially the smoked salmon benedict) and also the guys working in there are very welcoming and attentive.

The hotel is a ten minute walk from the Empire State and around a 15-20 minute walk from Central Park and Times Square, there are plenty of taxi's in the area for those not wishing to walk.

Extra thanks go to Gabriella and Victoria as thanks to those guys our stay was made that extra bit special!!

Other hotels and their staff could take a leaf out of the Eventi's book.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definately stay here if we visited NY again.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor as New Yorkers seem to love sounding their horns at anytime of the day/night...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdfols
Mahwah, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a modern, nicely designed boutique hotel. The room was comfortable, really clean, beautiful, and had a great view of the Empire State Building. We loved the video in the elevator featuring the super-cute fluffy dog in various parts of the hotel -- it showed Kimpton's animal-friendly policy combined with the high style of the hotel. The security guard was particularly personal, making sure to look everyone in the eye and shake their hand.

Our only issue had to do with the lack of knowledge of the parking valet and some of the front desk staff. Kimptons always have a parking discount for hybrid vehicles, so I called to find out what it was. This became a major project with various people not understanding the question. I finally got the answer, and when we checked in I made sure to tell the parking valet we had a hybrid for the discount. He didn't know what I was talking about, which was one thing, but he made up answers like you have to self-park (it only applied to valet), you needed an internet code (no you don't), etc. It's one thing not to know, but another to make up stuff -- he finally went inside and got the correct answer. When we got to the front desk I mentioned this issue and, to my surprise, instead of just apologizing, the front desk staff person started making excuses about why they didn't know about the policy, like they don't get many hybrids parking, they are a NYC hotel (to which my husband responded that we've stayed at two other Kimptons in NYC who had no trouble honoring the parking discount), they get mainly business travelers who don't have cards, etc. The guy seemed like he was about to say this but stopped short of saying that they usually get a younger guest!!!! Again, it's one thing not to know your hotel's policy, but when there is an issue with that, we shouldn't get a litany of excuses about why they didn't know!!!!

Of course, I wrote all of this in the Kimpton stay evaluation and promptly got a response from the hotel. Unfortunately the response was only half-satisfying. They said they'd inform their younger staff members about the policy and could see how it was unpleasant that they didn't know. However, the note did not address the bigger issue of people making up answers and providing lists of excuses when the problem was brought to their attention -- in my book that's worse than not knowing an answer.

Having said all of this, it's still a great NYC hotel in a terrific location with style and comfort to boot!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple