“Another great stay at a Kimpton”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #41 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
boston
“Another great stay at a Kimpton”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Hotel was great! Staff were amazing!
We brought our dogs with us for a weekend getaway to the big city. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious and modern. The bed was very comfortable--- and they do a great job cleaning up the rooms too. Their complimentary wine hour is always a good time, and we actually met a very friendly couple who was staying there as well. Thank you so much for another great stay Kimpton!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (978)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
stratford, ct
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We used a sniqueaway offer staying at the Eventi for the first time. It was just a great experience for a long weekend. The rooms appear dark in the online photos but were spacious and bright and very well appointed. Clean rooms, comfortable bed, great bathroom size, quality linens, I could go on and on. But the best of all is the staff. They are the hotel's greatest asset. The quality just sets the hotel in a class above the rest.

Room Tip: Room on the 15th floor and above terrific city views. The rooms with floor to ceiling windows are s...
Canterbury
Reviewed February 27, 2013

What makes this hotel so special, with all the hotels to choose from in New York is the staff!

They go out of their way to make your stay special, for the moment you walk in. Know you by name with concierge ready to direct you and get a taxi whenever you leave the building. A friendly hello when you return!

The location is great and getting in and out is easy breezy. The valet is prompt, efficient in bringing your car 'round and getting your luggage packed up and you on your way.

Clean rooms with a modern flair! Love this place! It's our new NYC favorite!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on high floor to get the best sleep! (Anything above the 15th floor offers gre...
1 Thank beachdoll_11
aol
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I took my 15 year old daughter into NYC to see the beautiful ballet, Sleeping Beauty at Lincoln Center with her best friend and mom. It was fabulous...eye candy! Her friend and mom went back to CT that evening after dinner, we had reservations for an overnight stay at Eventi hotel. I had researched Eventi thanks to Sniqueaway, Trip Advisor's sister site, but had lost my ability to secure a reservation because of mere hesitation caused by trepidation. I didn't know if it would be a good fit, would it be close to Lincoln Center and close to daughter no.2 who lives in the LES? Because of a special that Kimpton was providing (25% off selected hotels and dates), they sent me an email and I felt that it was destined to be where we needed to be. It proved to be a perfect location. Eventi exceeded my expectations in oh so many virtues.
It was contemporary, but not cold. The rooms were immaculate with the best of ammenities, and a thoroughly thoughtful design--small input but huge output--like enough hidden but accessible outlets for phone, iPad, etc on the desk...huge marble bathroom that swallows you with a shower head to match. My daughter loved it! and the views! One block away from the Empire State Building to be viewed from our room. But this is small 'taters to what I view is really valuable to me. Eventi's staff. Every one that I encountered (I'm an open person) that was employed by the hotel...Desk attendent when we walked in, he gave us a room on the 21st floor (with a killer view!)...a member of the staff that brought up a toothbrush and tooth paste that I had forgotten; we talked for like 10 minutes about last week's snowstorm--I showed him pics...the gentleman that hosted the dining room the next morning; I bravely went down in jammies and fuzzy socks for much needed caffeine... to the attendent securing my bags for the day so I could meet up with daughter no. 2 and her bf for brunch... to the gentleman hailing a cab for me--were of the kindest and most sincerely nicest group of people I could hope for. What played in my head was that they were passing kindess out and it was contageous to all that were staying at the hotel! Such great vibes...I didn't mind catching that!

Room Tip: Ask and ye may receive!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Victor,NY
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel was dollar for dollar well worth it. Clean rooms, attentive staff and decent gym. The only downfall is it is not in the best of areas; albeit in NYC everything is a short taxi-ride away. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My partner and I stayed in NYC for his birthday weekend, which ultimately also ended up being our engagement weekend and we couldn't have been happier with the Eventi and the staff. They were incredibly courteous, generous, and on top of things. We stay in NYC quite often and this is by far the best experience we have had at a NYC hotel.

1 Thank wblack78
Storrs, CT
Reviewed February 26, 2013

From the moment I called prior to arrival and through the entire visist, the entire staff was extremely helpful. Everyone is a concierge and absolutely do their best to make your stay enjoyable. The design also is cool with a good coffee shop on the ground floor. Fresh water infused with fruit in the lobby as well as excellent coffee served in lobby in the morning.
Only minor issue....I did not get the newspaper in the morning at my door.
Early arrival and late departure luggage check was also very good. Views of empire state building also neat....as was afternoon wine + cheese + fruit (go early... a bit oversubscribed....wine also a bit harsh). The spa facials were of the highest quality.

Room Tip: High floor corners with views are best.