“honest and good quality”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #40 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hamburg, Germany
“honest and good quality”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

perfect location for city explorers!

very good bed and bed linen. clean rooms but not spacious.
I was surprised about very good breakfast in hotel. room service really fast and no mistake.

reception service friendly and helpful.

I didn't see that hotel is realy good before.
but you can see how hotel getting older and some details are broken down.

Room Tip: perfect location for city explorers!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
2010moscow,
Thanks for your recent review and for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to see more of you. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Kimpton Eventi is a great hotel, very nice rooms with nice views, a nice location, and great staff. One thing that seems to stand out with Kimpton hotels, and especially the Eventi, is the friendly,knowledgable, and professional staff. I was on a short business trip, accompanied by my wife. Right on Sixth ave, and an easy ride or walk to shopping and Times square. Our room was on the 17th floor, with corner views looking up and down Sixth Ave. And the bed was so comfortable, better than home. We had a great time, and can't wait to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rw0000
Rw0000,
Hey thanks so much for your glowing review! It makes us so happy to read that you found our staff to be so great - we couldn't agree with you more! We hope to be your NYC home away from home when you make it down from Amherst.
lebanon, nh
Reviewed November 15, 2012

From the welcome at the front desk, to the last moment, this stay was great. Service was prompt, always with a smile and pleasant greetings, everyone let us know they wanted to be of service to make our stay tops. My room had a view of the Empire State Building and it was lovely at night. Room very clean, best hotel bed I've had in a very long time, bathroom luxurious...amenities high quality.
They take making women traveling alone feel comfortable and safe very seriously.
Concierge service guided us to fabulous steak house and gave us easy directions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank carlaqLebanon_Nh
carlaqLebanon_Nh,
Thanks so much for the 5 star review. So happy to found everything perfect and to your liking. Next time we are coming with you to that great steakhouse! Have a lovely Thanksgiving!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The bed was comfortable, bathroom amazing, Kimpton Rewards coupon for minibar and the free WiFI appreciated. Also, the air in the room was amazing, but I could not have the air conditioning/heat on at night because something in the unit was rattling. So could not use as white noise.

We purchased room via Snique Away and I bought the 12th floor deluxe view room. We made one special request and that was that we only had one night in NYC and it was my daughters first time, so said we'd love the Empire State building view BUT I am also very sensitive to sound (thus the view room purchase) and specifically requested not to be next to elevator and clearly stated that our sound avoidance needs trumped desire for view. So despite this request, we ere put in a room directly in front of the elevators, not backed up to them, so I thought maybe it would be OK and didn't request to be changed. As it turns out, the elevators were not the problem; we were also next to some shaft and in the middle of the night there was this awful banging sound that went on and on. I don't know if it was pipes or something else changing temperature, but it woke me up and kept me up for quite some time. We were on the 23rd floor and directly across from the elevator, 2305 I believe. If you want a quiet room, I would ask to avoid being next to any shafts, elevator or otherwise.

Room Tip: Avoid any and all shafts! Empire State Building view was great to have.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank eemserms
eemserms,
How fun! So happy to read you had a nice mother and daughter trip here in NYC. Hope to see you again next time you ladies are on the east coast!
North Little Rock, AR
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I took a girls trip to NY and stayed here. We had a phenomenal experience! The staff made us feel very safe. They were friendly and very knowledgeable. The rooms were great!! The spa was amazing! This is definitely a place I would stay again!

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank hou35365
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
hou35365,
Thanks! Its great to read you and your ladies had a great time. Make sure to come stay with us again when you are celebrating, or just because! Can't wait to see ya.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Lobby and elevators smell like bad cologne...they have candles going on. that might be it. Checked in..had to have someone come up and change the clock time. I could not figure that out nor could he. Television pixilating...front desk did not even know the hotel offers HBO and not knowledgable on a thing. Maintenance fixes tv...MY comforter had holes in it...feathers flying everywhere. Had to ask that be replaced. Room service not bad...not great food. Pass on the happy hour and breakfast they are comping....so mediocre from the wine..and taste of food...complimentary for a reason. Checking out. I cite that Room Service is not on the bill. Sorry they can't help but I will need to call later and get an accurate bill. Guess what I am traveling on business...they made this hard on me and easy on them. I need an accurate receipt to expense...again...easy on them hard on me. Clock never worked right..not lit...could not see.
Again, people great...bathrooms good. But if you want a tub, be sure to ask. funky contemporary shower.
If you want okay...this is it.

Room Tip: Ask about a bathroom with tub.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Elwanda E
Elwanda E,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. It sure seems like we really did miss with your stay. I assure you all of your feedback will be taken to our team leaders and we will iron out the kinks. Still need a copy of your final bill? If so give me a ring at 646 794 6804 and give me your info please. Thanks!
Basel
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at the hotel right after Hurricane Sandy. I pre-paid it for the NYC Marathon that didn't take place. The hotel is new and its room spacious with a huge bathroom with marble tub/floor. We stayed at its 1-bedroom suite. It has a pull out sofa - a nice added option. Overall, I liked the hotel and its friendly staff. But the staff and their manager were not empowered to make decisions and they could not authorize me to checkout early with refund even though the marathon was cancelled and lots of people needed a room. Unlike other luxury boutique hotel that I stayed and liked, the staff in Eventi didn't have as much pride and ownership.

Back to the atmosphere. The lobby is small and basic and bar on second floor but both are not as fun and lively compared to the neighbor hotel NoMad. Also, skip the Eventi hotel breakfast and head to Andaz hotel cafe across from the Main Public Library for breakfast i.e. melt in your mouth souffle pancakes and great vibe! And I agreed with the other reviewer that expansive water in the room is unnecessary.

The hotel spa was below average. We went there because it was convenient. But it was super small (2 chairs sitting) and no 'space' to relax. more or less a 'in and out' thing but sadly the massage my friend and I received was not really good. Save your money and skip the spa.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom suite is more spacious and has a pullout sofa.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank WorldTravelerBasel
WorldTravelerBasel,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I wanted to make sure you knew that all folks that either cancelled late (day of) or left early specifically due to the marathon were awarded a gift certificate for a future stay. Glad you liked the room and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to NYC.