“Eventi is simply the best hotel in NYC.”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #43 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington, Virginia
“Eventi is simply the best hotel in NYC.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed at the Eventi several times, and it is always a pleasant stay. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, the rooms are spacious with great views, and the beds are super comfortable. Special kudos to the manager, Julian Miller, who went out of his way to make my mother's first stay at the Eventi an excellent experience.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (970)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Eventi for a function and received a special rate of $380 a night for a King Room, including tax. For the price alone, I think we got what we paid for.

The positives: The location is central and it's easy to get anywhere in Manhattan fairly quickly. The rooms are well designed for the size and had a really comfortable, white duvet bed, large flat screen TV, mini bar, safe, desk and two chairs. The decent sized marble bathroom featured a wide vanity and a large shower with teak seat and Etro toiletries. Floor to ceiling windows even had a look-up-to-the-left view of the Empire State Building. Housekeeping twice a day was great and scheduled around us without issue.

The negatives: Our room was not ready, which isn't totally inconceivable at 1:00, but the desk attendant didn't seem the least bit welcoming or concerned about our inconvenience--especially since we arrived during a rain storm. First impressions are the most important and I guess we got off to a bad start. Other staff members were friendlier. The hotel decor is comprised of dark grays, black and browns which gave off a dingy vibe in some areas. Lack of sufficient lighting in the room compounded the problem. While the guest room and bathroom were of ample size, the closet was too shallow to hang clothes without having to squeeze them in at an angle or to store a full suitcase.

Other than a few gripes, I would consider staying here again if the price is right and I needed to be in this part of town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just got back from a weekend trip at the Eventi with my partner and another couple and found the hotel to be charming, chic, elegant, and accommodating. All of the things I've grown used to from Kimpton. We stayed in a suite (pricey) and it was everything I was hoping for. The bedroom was well appointed, perfectly lit, amazing bed. The bathroom was the highlight...this is not your normal NYC bathroom or room for that matter. It was spacious and the shower was simply perfect. We were in a high enough floor that I didn't hear any noise. This is a real treat as anyone whose ever stayed in NY know that the traffic noise can be annoying while you try to sleep.
I also loved my yoga bag, being able to use their gym and the great products in the bathroom. I wish I had taken photos as the room was just as attractive as the photos on their site. My only issue was that the hotel is not really in Chelsea (or if it is it's on the border) but closer to Herald Square. I was looking to walk to great restaurants and bars but really they weren't in that area. Chelsea's best spots are south of 24th and this was at 30th St. Still you are close to the subway which was great and walking in NYC is part of the fun. Kimpton...please keep up the great work. I don't want you guys to loose your mojo.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor up high....the higher you go the quieter it seems to get.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Took a chance on hotel we'd not heard of, and what a pleasant suprise! Reviews we read were all accurate - very friendly staff, very helpful. Rooms were very nice, clean, modern - bathrooms were large with big, beautiful shower - beds were very comfortable with several pillows. Nice flat-screen TV with lots of channels. I felt it was also a large room compared to some of the little rooms you get in NYC hotels. Free coffee/tea in the morning and wine reception at night. Good location too - easy stroll up to 42nd street and Times Square, and hit all major subways at 34th street just a couple blocks away. Excellent coffee close by too at Stumptown on 29th.
Great hotel at great price - highly recommend!

Room Tip: ask for high room with view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This is my 3rd trip to the Eventi. As a (somewhat disgruntled ) Starwood Platinum member, I have been giving Kimpton a serious try. Most of their hotels are wonderful. Eventi just does not make the grade. The staff for the most part are very gracious. But something is always just not quite right here. My first visit they had some sort of water pipe break which flooded some guest rooms. They gallantly and apologetically put me on a steeper sofa for the night. OK, stuff happens--I understand. The next trip here they somehow cancelled my room--yes I was late, but I had told them I would be late, but they did get me a room and sent a very nice amenity to the room. I kind of decided this one would be chalked up to my fault: I was late arriving. The third visit started out great. An upgrade to a suite by a wonderfully gracious friendly welcome staff. I get to my floor and there are dirty room service trays everywhere. This is at 4:15 PM. One has to order ice here from room service. 25 minutes later and 3 calls it finally arrives. When I complained there was an excuse about the ice has to come from the resturant. I asked if the NYC garbage collection department was responsible for collecting half day old room service litter in the hallways, and asked for the general manager to call me. Yes- I admit my happiness with the suite upgrade had faded now in the face of inattentive service.

So my advice: great location, very friendly staff, nice rooms, but the attention to detail leaves a bit to be desired. My experience here makes me re-think my plan to leave Starwood for Kimpton, but I have to admit other Kimpton properties have been quite wonderful. If the kind of issues I've described don't bother you much, then you will probably like Eventi quite a lot.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rich L
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Rich L,
We want you to stay with us. I am sorry to read that during your most recent visit your guest floor had a number of room service trays and that the request for ice wasn't easily filled. I have sent you a personal email, so hopefully we can discuss more. Thanks and have a great rest of 2012!
North Wildwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Everything was perfect. Elegant, great service, fascinating artwork throughout the hotel, and outdoor dining on the 6th floor terrace, facing Ground Zero. Only afterwards did I realize that the large outdoor screen adjacent to the hotel was part of the hotel. Extremely memorable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Good: High quality room (tub, shower, amenities, all top-notch). Usual super-friendly Kimpton staff.
Neutral: Slow and distracted service from bellhop... Not up to Kimpton standards.
Negative: None.

Note: Some people have complained about the location. I thought it was just fine. 5-10 minute cab to Penn Station and Central Park. "Gritty" and non-touristy aspects of the neighborhood is what gives Hell's Kitchen it's character.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo