“Love Kimpton!”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #48 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at Eventi (our 2nd Kimpton NYC property and 3rd in the US) during my husband's business trip. The company booked us in a hotel in Times Square but we don't care for the crazines of that area. The location of this hotel is perfect! Flat Iron, Fashion District, Empire State Building - all right there. The hotel is beautiful as all Kimpton properties are. Our room overlooked the back courtyard where the hotel was hosting the opening ceremony of the Olympics. Neat perk! Big screen, cocktails, hors dourves, games. You name it! It is always helpful to be an InTouch Member for the free Wifi for my husband can work and I can play. Will always be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PRVistor

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Centrally located for easy walking or a short cab ride to everything. Our stay was great the room was modern and clean. The staff was very helpful. They even brought us a bag of ice at 2a.m. for my wifes feet after a long day and night out. They also gave me a free upgraded room just because it was available. They moved me to a higher floor and a corner room where I could see both the Empire state building and the Freedom tower. AWESOME!!!

Room Tip: Sign up for the kimpton intouch membership. It helped me get an upgrade at no extra charge
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marlon P
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently stayed at the Eventi for two nights for business. I got a good deal through hotels.com and was very impressed with all of the hotels amenities. The check in was easy and the staff checking me in was friendly. The room was clean, comfortable, and modern. The bathroom was also clean and modern with good toiletries and a comfy robe. I forgot my toothpaste and the hotel staff brought some up in five minutes. The TV channels were plentiful and the desk/work area was convenient and work-friendly. The bed was quite comfortable and anytime I called the front desk for either room service or a wake up call, everyone was responsive and friendly. Location was ideal for me- close to penn station and a short walk to Times Sq and shopping. The doorman was great about getting car or taxi service for me.
Highly recommended and I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank JTTravels
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Eventi hotel this past weekend to celebrate our friends last girls night out as a single woman. It was perfect. The room had a great view of the city, the spa was an overall good experience. They were very friendly, from the parking garage to the front desk and all areas in between, great costumer service. The decor of the room was elegant, classy, but not too posh. Marble bathroom, european shower half doors. Feather pillows and comforters. A very homey feeling when you walking into the concierge/front desk. We forgot a tooth brush, hair spray and needed an extra comforter. All were given within 3 minutes of the request at no extra charge. They gave us a $30 credit to the spa, $15 for the mini bar, free parking spot, and champagne,cupcakes and strawberries sent up to the room for signing up for the package. It was a relief for all of us that a NYC hotel would go to these lengths to make five females very happy! It made for a great night =) We would definitely return either with our spouses or a reunion to remember the great times had!

Room Tip: They were unable to put a cot in the room, so the rooms are best to accomodate four not five, but ov...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Biogeeklovesfood,

Last single days - love it! Well thanks so much for the 5 stars and your review of your recent stay with us. We hope that you and your friends come back time and time again to celebrate all special occasions with us. We have more cupcakes and bubbly! Have a wonderful fall and come see us soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Really impressed with this hotel! we usually stay at the Muse (another Kimpton and near Times Square - a favorite of ours but not fully available for our stay)
At Eventi, we had a beautiful, clean room with a view of the Empire State building -location was great to get both uptown and downtown. Staff members were very professional, helpful and friendly. Overall a terrific NYC experience and we will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: we stayed in higher floor in an '01' -corner room with views but smaller - just bed and desk...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

416KayRay,
Wow - thanks for being loyal to Kimpton and the 5 out of 5 star rating. We love that you stay at multiple NYC Kimpton hotels. We certainly hope you stay with us going forward, but don't worry we will understand if you head back into Times Square and our brother and sisters at the MUSE. See you again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just stayed at this hotel for 4 days. The suite was wonderful: great bed, great bathroom and nice view from the windows. Also very friendly staff. When you stay at an hotel where you pay 600$/night you expect service. Not sure that there was enough staff on site. No one was there to help us when we arrived but they had time to chat while I was carrying my luggage. Waited 15 minutes to have the bell boy pick up our suitcase. Again friendly staff but our mini-bar was not refilled every day. We use bar glasses to drink and they were never replace. The bar was not refilled of white wine either. Also, the last day, we were missing some face clothes...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

loveu4ever,
Thanks for your recent review of your stay with us. So happy to read that your suite was perfect for your needs! We acknowledge we aren't perfect so thanks for the feedback about service timeliness and we will use it to get better. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a three day weekend. I was very pleased with the hotel. Clean, modern, free glass of wine at checkin & and friendly staff. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was well equipped.
I liked the location, but you have to want to be in Chelsea. My wife prefers time square / south of Central Park - but I like Chelsea by its hip and a bit out of the craziness of midtown.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Scharfster,
Thanks for your review. You described your stay as "Clean, Modern and a glass of wine". Well we agree with you, so thanks! We hope to see you again when you can talk your wife outta Times Square.