“Great boutique hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Aguas de Lindoia, SP
“Great boutique hotel”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I spent four nights at Eventi Hotel in Manhattan. It was a little bit expensive. We payed 500 americans dolars per night but Manhattan is an expensive destination.The location is the must. We arrived from Washingron DC by train and we walked 3 blocks from Penn Station to the hotel. The lobby is impressive, wonderful , well decorated. The check in was perfect and fast. We stayed in the City View Room and we had the Empire State View. The room is a litle small and dark, but clean, nice decorated, confortable bed,very good bathroom, free wifi, great view window.Everything fine but the room needs a litle bit more light at night.
We had complimentary coffee and tea every morning in the lobby.For the breakfast there are lots of "deli" near the hotel. There´s a good 0.99 store at 32th street when it´s possible buy bread, cheese, orange juice,yougurt etc etc etc and it´s very cheap and good quality.
To go to Newark Airport we booked throught the hotel reception the" supershuttle" and was very good too.They pick us up in the hotel direct to Newark Airport for only 20 american dolars each person.
Well New York is still a very good destination.Wonderful city. I recommend to stay at Eventi Hotel.I enjoyed so much.
It´s our second Kipton Hotel. Very nice hotel brand.

1 Thank cred68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed September 29, 2012

There are a lot of great things to say about this hotel, but I was still disappointed. One thing was the announced fitness class. For two days in the row, the instructor never showed up - and I did not get one excuse from the hotel. On the contrary, one receptionist more or less blamed me; perhaps I was at the wrong place, perhaps I had showed up too late, etc.
Having worked with service management in a hotel myself, that kind of "blame-the-customer-attitude" always pisses me off!
Another day I was out all day and came back at 7 PM, only to find that my room had not been cleaned. When I asked why in the reception, I got their standard answer: it was my fault! I must have pushed the "do not clean button", which I am sure I had not done. (My neighbor in the attaching room had, though, and perhaps they thought it was a suite).
Now, these things did not ruin my stay and there were a lot of great things as well, such as the fitness centre, which I really liked. I might stay again, but not get up at 6.30 in order to catch the fitness class, which does not always exist.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Resmama
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Resmama,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay. Wow it seems like we really missed our mark in regards to making you feel appreciated. Sorry to read that you felt like that. For other readers, YES we offer a free to guest CoreSenTrik fitness class Tues-Sat from 7am-8am. We hope to see you all there! Resmama we hope you have a lovely fall and do give us another try - see you soon!
Rock Hall, Maryland
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We just returned from a few days at this property and were totally satisfied with our stay. First of all, we LOVED the bed, it was perfectly cozy and comfortable! We ordered breakfast and it was fantastic- the omelette was light and fluffy, the yogurt parfait fresh and delicious, and the steel cut oatmeal with fruit was perfectly cooked. Our corner room was private and exactly what we were looking for as a romantic get away. We cannot wait to return!

Lake Arrowhead, Ca
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights in a King room. Room size is ok considering its NYC, the bathroom is big, maybe shedding a bit for the room size might be a better design.
Housekeeping is excellent, turn down service is excellent. Front desk agent was friendly at check out. Each call for extras was completed in a timely and friendly manner.
Only complaints:
-when your neighbor's door shut, it always slams and rock your room. When your neighbor talks outside their door, u can almost hear everything! Window insulation is much better blocking out the street noise, which can be bad because the property is right by the NYPD station.
-we encountered a BIG African American staff checking keys during after hrs entry. While this is much appreciated for our safety, the guy was a bit awkward in his interactions. It did made us uncomfortable on two occasions. The weekend person was much friendlier....
-we encountered a huge problem when we returned to catch our limo for our return flight at JFK. Long story short, we learned afterwards that our limo company had told the front desk or doorman that they had arrived and waiting for us. We were never assisted by any staff (and we were two out of the only 4-5 people in the lobby). After 15 mins waiting in the lobby and nobody assisting us, we got into the wrong limo! Did not find out until almost arriving at JFK. Needless to say, a mess to sort out!

Overall a good property, close walking distance to TS (10-15 mins), but for $509 a night, we could have stayed at the St Regis....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Most incredible stay. The staff is pleasant and very helpful. Rooms are extremely clean. Views and the veranda are excellent.

Aston was more then helpful as always. He made us feel very comfortable. This was are second stay in the hotel and are looking forward to going back.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
sarasota florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I always look for a Kimpton hotel. I call them Ritz Light- much of the quality of a Ritz
(without all of the pomp) but at a fraction of the price.
Eventi was well located for our needs, safe, clean, well appointed, excellent staff,
(wine cocktail hour for hotel guests (and some might say "big deal" but in a fine restaurant
in NY (and we always stay at the Morrison House - a Kimpton in Alexandria, Va) a glass
of wine costs about $12 - so if my wife and I have two glasses of their good house wine-
we are saving almost $50- so it is no tiny accomodation).
I most highly recommend Kimpton and just hope such exposure by me and others won't
have a hotel fully booked when I try to reserve.

Room Tip: we were on the 22nd. floor - (I think the hotel has 23 floors) and near the elevator which was conv...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
tappyt,
WOW - Thanks so much for the thoughtful review. Some great travelers tips in there! Thanks so much for all the great feedback and comments, we really appreciate it. See you soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have made this hotel our home away from home on our frequent travels to NYC. And even though it is a cool landing spot, with clean lines and a techno music vibe, we do feel quite at home each and every time we visit. By now, after perhaps 10 or so visits to this hotel, we have had the opportunity to stay in a variety of rooms - all seem just a bit different, many with stunning views and those without the city views are often suites - a bonus if space is your thing. Without exception, the rooms are quiet and extraordinarily clean. We love that somehow the professionals who man (and woman) the front desk and lobby remember our tiny four legged pooch each time we visit. It is likely because he is a wild little guy, but we like to think the top notch Patrick, who often checks us in and Gabriella, who problem solves just about anything, just have outstanding memories! Do take in their happy hour on the 2nd floor, but be sure to wander up to the 5th floor terrace, even in brisk weather to catch a glimpse of 6th Avenue facing downtown at dusk - just lovely. The hotel is in a section of town that is getting better and coming back. Restaurants and shopping (the famed Macy's is just three blocks north) are often just a few blocks away - and if you're a walker, you are in a perfect location to take in mid-town, Chelsea and even mid-town east shops and dining. We love the location because it is a block from Penn Station and on a straight thoroughfare uptown or downtown. The hotel has kept its standards high since our first stay the week they opened. It sounds like they are working on getting the bar/cocktail lounge up and running - so we'll look forward to that on a future visit. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hip, central, welcoming stay and deals can often be found if you book well-enough in advance. We are certainly looking forward to our next stay in just a few months - can't wait!

Room Tip: If having a view is important, then by all means request that - you'll either get a city view or...
1 Thank CAScott
CAScott-
AGAIN - thanks so much for making us your home away from home. That means so much to us, we read your review aloud today at one of our shift changes and really appreciate your feedback. Can't wait to see you and your hound again this fall!