“In LOVE With This Hotel!!!”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #43 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“In LOVE With This Hotel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Brilliant!!! This is a VERY nice hotel, Staff is friendly and helpful, you feel welcome the moment you walk in. The hotel is gorgeous and clean, from the lobby area to the restaurant and lounge area (with outside seating) to the rooms! We enjoyed the weekday wine & cheese hour on the closed in Patio... there was a big movie screen TV across from the patio where we were able to watch Monday night football! Perfect! The staff was extremely helpful and kind, all seemed to enjoy their job. Dinner and dessert from Humphrey was delish! I also order room service breakfast (French toast in the morning) which was also good. Everything we requested we received, I asked for a quiet corner room on a high floor and I got just that (room 1817 a city view King) stayed in that room 2 nights then came back for a 3rd night because our flight was cancelled and they gave me an executive suite! (room 1412). Both rooms amazing, spotless, with a great view and that SHOWER... Very Impressive.... They give several extras such as free internet and a $15 coupon to raid the mini bar... I forgot my deodorant, called the front desk and they were knocked on my door within 5 minutes with a new stick of deodorant. It rained while we were there and they had complimentary umbrella's for us to use. I can’t think of anything negative to say! Great place for a business traveler, good location right down the street from Penn Station! No complaints, I will be back! Very pleased!

Room Tip: The higher floor, the better view! Cityview King, Floor 18 or higher! Corner rooms!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Freetoy,
WHOA - We Love You Back! Thanks so much for the glowing review and for sharing with other traveler's. We can't wait to welcome you back and look forward to seeing you this fall. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (970)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rockaway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I live in New Jersey and have been to NYC many of times; however, this was my first time every staying over night. It was recommended by my friend and I am so glad that I took his advice. The staff was absolutely great, always smiling and willing to help me in every way even getting me a taxi. The hotel is very clean and the bed was so comfortable. My view was out of this world - 16th floor. I plan on staying there again and would highly recommend Eventi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed at the Eventi Hotel for a week while visiting my son. I booked a Premier one bedroom suite for my husband, son, and I with hopes of a relaxing stay (in between helping to move my son to a new apt). We loved the Eventi from the moment we arrived in our 23rd floor suite, where a bottle of chilled wine and cheese & fruit plate were waiting for us (thanks Patrick!).

The suite had an incredible view of the Empire State building & NYC skyline. The bathroom had double sinks, a walk-in shower, spa tub, and separate toilet area. Lots of marble everywhere. I absolutely loved the rain shower --- be sure to use it. The parlor area had a leather chair and a sleeper sofa that was comfortable for my teen. Our room was super quiet---we never heard another guest during the entire stay. The bed was so comfortable and the pillows were supportive, so I slept incredibly well during my stay.

The hotel was centrally located for us. We either walked or took taxis depending on our destination. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. We were assisted with our auto on numerous occasions during our shuffling of goods for my son's move. The staff went above and beyond to help.

I look forward to spending time at the Eventi Hotel again---I am spoiled now!

p.s. don't forget the wine reception from 5-6 pm

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank demTravels
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our first time at the Eventi and loved every minute of our stay! The hotel is modern and very clean. Only complaint would be the neighbourhood - but that is overcome by a safe few block walk, subway or cab ride - all within minutes. All of our requests were met and exceeded. The service exceeded expectations and for NYC was pleasantly surprised by how friendly, professional and courteous all at Eventi were - not one negative! Gabriella was top notch and took care of us! My mom having her first NYC experience was wowed by Eventi. Will for sure stay again and am counting the months until my return!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

hotel is clean and modern , a bit far from the subway and museums for us but was very nice. free coffee in the morning is always good. help was very helpful. we have no complaints except more light i the bathroom would be good.

Room Tip: we had a corner room, two good views, had enough room but could use more light in the bathroom
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I got married last Nov at the Eventi. Planning a wedding can be very stressful but thanks to Lisa and the Eventi team it was a breeze. We spent a great week with my family and had an amazing ceremony at the Verdi Rooms.
But that is not all, when we came back last June for a few days, the staff remembered us and pampered us again like newlyweds.
If you add that sense of home to the amazing location in MidTown, the beautiful decor, and the overall Kimpton experience, I am sure it might become one of your favorite hotels too.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Empire State building.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Laceby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

stayed here for a week with wife & 2 teenagers July 2012. Lots of reviews of manhattan hotels report small rooms - not this place. I travel a reasonable amount with work, mostly around europe, the rooms were no smaller than average in my opinion, and immaculately furnished and clean. staff very friendly. Only used the restaurant once, every morning we left the hotel, turned right and had breakfast in the (24 hour) deli on the corner of the next block - excellent fresh food for approx. a third of the price of the hotel breakfast. also useful for late night cups of tea. great location, leave hotel turn left 3 mins to Macys, 5 mins to times sq. Leave hotel turn right 20 mins to the village etc. Free wifi if you register with Kimpton via their website

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family