“Incredible Stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Incredible Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed here in early September and had a great one night stay! We were celebrating our 10th Anniversary and we were given a room upgrade. When we arrived in the room there was champagne, chocolates and a personal congratulations card from the hotel. The hotel made us feel welcome and appreciated. The rooms are very modern and clean with a high degree of comfort and design. The staff was friendly and the location was great. I stay in hotels 50+ nights a year and this was one of the best stays that I have ever had! This is one of the top 5 hotels in NYC.

Room Tip: Some rooms have an incredible view if the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Dear WashParkD,

Thank you for choosing Eventi to celebrate your anniversary and thank you for your amazing review!
I'm so glad you felt welcome and that you liked our rooms, decor and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Eventi.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (970)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

We had lovely stay here location is great room is lovely modern big for being new york. Definitely will be going back here staff were excellent especially kirk. Only stayed 4 nights wish it was longer.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Deblouise,

Thank you for your great review and for recognizing Kirk!
We hope to see you again at Eventi hopefully for a longer stay than 4 nights : )

Warm Regards.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Eventi for our wedding anniversary just to see NY and stay near Times Square. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. A little pricey, but that is comparable to the area you are in. The service was great, the rooms were exquisite, marble shower was great. They even provided us champaign and chocolates for us to celebrate our day! We looked at other hotels, and saw complaints about elevators and possible bed bugs, but none during our visit. The exercise fascility was perfect for what I need to get done daily. Its a definate recommend.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear return06,

Thank you for recommending our hotel and for your fantastic review!
We are glad that you had a great wedding anniversary, and that you enjoyed our fitness center, rooms and service.

We hope to see you and your wife again at Eventi!
Scotts Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed here for a week and were extremely confortable. The hotel is new and very clean. The rooms and bathroom were spacious. We were on 27th floor and noise wasn't an issue up that high. It's 3 blocks from Penn Station which worked great for using trains from JFK and not having to spend money on taxis. And we had friends to visit in New Jersey so it was very convenient for us. Its also was close to the Empire State Building. Its about a 15 min train ride to the lower east side, greenwich village. We didn't get a chance to eat at the hotels reastaurant but we did run down to the small market/cafe that served a variety of food for breakfast, lunch & dinner. All hotel staff were extremely nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here next time I'm in New York.

• Stayed June 2011
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
Dear Jenznomi,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay!
I'm so glad you found our location to be convenient, and that you enjoyed our rooms and friendly service.

Hope to welcoming you back soon to Eventi!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

As New York hotels go, this is far from being over-priced and it's modestly comfortable. Beyond that, there is little to recommend it.

The bed was comfortable enough, the housekeeping rather patchy (two huge palm prints remained on the window throughout) and the room lighting was rather inadequate. We had booked a suite, their most expensive option - and yet, where one would normally expect to find the complementary spring water stood two bottles priced at $5 and $7.

While perfectly tolerable, New York City has far more interesting options which I suggest you explore if utter mediocrity is not your thing.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank MacSasha
Dear MacSasha,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy that you found Eventi to be a good value.
We are making changes with our lighting in order to make it more adequate. Your feedback regarding housekeeping is very helpful to me and it will be addressed immediately. Please do accept my apologies.
If you decide to give us a second changed please contact me directly.

Thank you.
Wasington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

Typical of a Kimpton, the place was somewhere between fancy and casual, somewhere between expensive and reasonable, and somewhere between upscale and average. Plusses for cleanliness, the service and staff, and the niceties (like the bedding and the pretty bathroom fixtures). Minus for a slightly high price compared to other lower Manhattan places--maybe I just picked a bad time to go. I wasn't thrilled with the location, but I was there for night-time outings to restaurants and bars (it's just a block east of Madison Square Garden).

Room Tip: East side gets you a nice very of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Arachnphi,

Thank you for your review.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our hotel, and our friendly staff.
September is a very busy month with high demand and high rates for all hotels in NYC. If you are not a Kimpton InTouch Member, I recommend signing up so you could get great deals and promotions for our hotels.

I look forward to seeing you again.
Montreal, QC (Canada)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

This is the perfect hotel for anyone wishing to treat their girlfriend to a special weekend (birthday, engagement, etc.). Allow me to describe why:

1) The staff at the Eventi was both very courteous and friendly. I had alerted them in advance that I would be arriving from Montreal to celebrate my girlfriend's b-day. When we arrived at the front desk, Omar wished my girlfriend a happy birthday before we even exchanged one word. Omar, you are the best. Your timing couldn't have been better! Second, on that same evening, we were greeted in our room by a gentleman who brought two champagne glasses, a box of chocolates, and a nice bottle of bubbly. No, not the cheap kind either. Did I mention that he also brought a beautifully enveloped letter with b-day wishes? Needless to say, this was extremely appreciated. Finally, Omar was kind enough to upgrade us to the 22nd floor overlooking the city...absolute bliss.

2) The hotel's amenities were top-notch (Etro soaps, gels, and hair products; nice gym facilities with the latest cardio machines) as was the complementary wine hour on the terrace, the latter which is on the 5th floor, beautifully furnished and giving gorgeous views of the city (incl. Empire State Bldg). Hipness factor indeed.

3) Location: The hotel is centrally located and every cool neighborhood is easily accessible by foot or subway (on 28th Street).

I hope that potential travelers will find this review useful. I will no doubt return to a Kimpton hotel and urge others to do so. You will not regret it!

Kimpton InTouch Member 100816601

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Yanni0324,

Thank you so much for your amazing review!
I'm so happy that you had a great weekend with us. I have shared your feedback with Omar, we are so lucky to have him in our team.

I hope to see you again soon at Eventi!