“Luxury hotel near the Empire State Building”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #50 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Beautiful hotel, well-appointed, near the Empire State Building. Found all of the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Dear JMUDuke08,

Thank you for this great review. I will most certainly pass along your comment to our staff. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Eugenia Simons, Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,540)

Reviewed July 5, 2011

My girlfriend and I planned a romantic trip to NY, little did she know, I planned on asking her to marry me. I contacted management at the hotel to assist me with arranging the time and setting for this amazing night and they were beyond helpful. Not only did the manager provide me with ideas and places to pop the big question, but she even gave me her personal phone number to check in with her on the details. She personally arranged the room down to the very last detail of what I had requested. I felt as though I was treated as part of their family even though we had never met. The ENTIRE staff at Eventi, not only the manager, made this weekend unforgetable. I 100% reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Incredible views of the city and very close to Time Square
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear JP732,

Congratulations!!
Thank you for your great comments and for your incredible tip. It is feedback like yours that really keep us motivated. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our front office manager and our staff made you and your girlfriend feel at home here with us. I wish you all the best and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband took me to Eventi Hotel to celebrate my birthday. The hotel and staff were awesome. The hotel is in a great location. They made us feel welcomed, especially Stephanie (concierge). Thank you Eventi for a great birthday.

Maria

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Dear Maria,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. As I read your review I can’t stop smiling. I am so happy that your husband chose us to host your birthday celebration. We are fortunate to have Stephanie on our team and I’m pleased that you felt more at home because of her. I would like to welcome you back to visit us again soon. Your comments have really made my day.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

Stayed at the Eventi in February. Our room had an amazing view of the Empire State building. We were greeted with Sparkling wine in the room for my birthday, this was a nice and much appreciated touch.
The hotel was within walking distance of everything we wanted to see and do.
All of the hotel staff was knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly.
I have recommended this hotel to friends and will keep recommending it to people going to New York. Can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
EventiNewYork, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2011

Dear Zalna,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. This really makes my day! It makes me proud to read about your experience here at the hotel and pleased that you were impressed with our staff. Thanks for the recommendations!

Haven an Eventiful Day!
Eugenia Simons, Manager.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I had a lovely weekend stay at the Eventi hotel. The hotel is aesthetically attractive with very professional staff. There is parking on site (which came free with the room package we booked). there is also free Internet, if you are a Kimpton Hotel member (which is free to join). The location is great. We were able to walk to The Jazz Standard for dinner and jazz -- ( only a couple of blocks away.)

There was a small parking snafu -- when we arrived there was a street fair on 6th avenue which meant we could not get to the front of the hotel for valet parking -- but we were able to self-park in the adjoining parking garage. The hotel staff was very helpful throughout.

We would definitely return to this hotel.

Dear EMRBrookline,

Thank you for your great review! Your comments have made me even more proud to be a part this team as we strive to make every guests stay amazing. Please accept our apologies about the “parking snafu” and we are working on notifying guests of any events that would be taking place in the vicinity of the hotel prior to checking in. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Eugenia Simons, Manager.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Great place for a weekend visit. The desk staff was incredibly helpful with restaurant recommendations and helping to place reservations, did not seem to mind helping at all. The room was beautiful, comfortable, and the location in Chelsea was preferable to the touristy Times Square - still very central to lots.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Fcinwi,

Thank you for your great review. I am most delighted that the helpfulness of our staff aided in making your stay wonderful. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in June 2011. The hotel is pretty, clean and modern. The room was very small, which is typical of NYC, but it had a good sized bathroom and enough room in the closet to unpack our suitcases. We had a spectacular view of the city from the floor to ceiling windows. The front desk and valet staff were very friendly and helpful. Although I did not interact with the housekeeping staff, they did a great job.

I do not have any major complaints except I did not love the concierge service- my husband and I have been to NYC many times and had already seen the tourist spots. We were looking for something atypical or interesting to do and the concierge did not have any suggestions. I also did not like having to pay for wifi when so many other hotels these days include internet access.

We booked through magellen vacations and got a significantly reduced rate. Although the hotel was good and well located, I do not think I would stay here again if I had to pay full 300$ plus rates. However, for what we paid, the hotel was well worth it.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view

Dear Staceye2003,

Thank you for your comments. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful. I am concerned with the comments about the concierge service you received and hope that you accept our profuse apologies. As a member of our Kimpton InTouch Loyalty Program, which is free to join, you would receive free internet access, exclusive e-offers, personalized stays and so much more! I look forward to seeing you again soon and to making your stay Eventiful!

Warm Regards,