“views, vibe and visigoths”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Boston, MA
“views, vibe and visigoths”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Arriving at the Trump Soho is a warm and friendly experience from the doorman to the reception. Eugene at reception handled all our needs expertly. As a matter of fact, all of the staff seemed to be on happy pills because of their commitment to making our stay a memorable one. That being said, the hotel seems to have some identity issues. First and formost, it is filled with luxury. Rooms are spectacular, baths are huge and well fitted out but the vibe from the bar, cocktail lounge and restaurant seems to set a party mood which is out of place with the remainder of the hotel. There was such attention to detail in the design of the rooms and its amenities that some of the functions were difficult to figure out. However, the views from those rooms was so spectacular that you forgot that you could not use the phone. Wireless should also be provided free of charge at those rates. I'd definately go again just to be around such happy staff in a terrific location.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Dear topnotch_10,

Thank you very much. Your comments made me laugh! The team is not on any pills but we are certainly a cheerful bunch committed to our guests. I am glad that you liked the design of the hotel and the fantastic views. When our bellman escort guests to the room, they typically explain our in-room technology; I will follow-up with the team on this. We do have complimentary internet available in all of our public spaces as well as a 24-hour business center. Looking forward to your next visit.

David Chase, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I was looking at a hotel in the Soho and a collegue recommended me to go to the Trump hotel.
This hotel is magnificient. Service is impeccable. You feel like you are at home. Rooms are amazing and so comfortable. Seriously, I didn't want to leave the room. I could have worked in my room all day.
There are so many good hotels in NY but I am glad that I found this one.

They have a library / lounge at the mezzanine where you can sit, relax, have a drink and even work. Such a great idea the way they designed it.

I spend almost 5-7 days monthly in NY for business and I will definitely stay at the Trump hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dear Yves_89,

Thank you very much. We greatly appreciate your kind words about the hotel and team. I agree with you about the library – it really is the perfect place to unwind and one of my favorite spots in the hotel. We look forward to your next trip to NYC!

Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Nothing short of a Walt Disney World Service Experience. Exceptional guest service. Exceptional facility. Attention to every detail. Treated my 9 year old son like a VIP and went the extra step to recognize my wife and I on our 11th wedding anniversary.

The bed and bedding was out of this world. By far the best sleeping experience of any hotel I have ever been in. My wife will have me ordering pillows and bedding !
You can't go wrong at the Trump Soho!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear BPW2,
Thank you very much. I am so glad that you had such a special time with your family. You are right about the beds – they are like sleeping on a cloud. Let us know about the pillows and bedding, we can arrange it for your 12th wedding anniversary! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Just stayed at the Trump SoHo in downtown NYC- all around a great luxury hotel. I booked through Jet Luxury Resorts and got a great deal. Room was incredible with the floor to ceiling windows and the view—with a touch of a button, the shades move. Amazing location right by all the action of Soho. A true 5 star experience, to me, this is what a luxury hotel should be. Trump SoHo got it right.

1 Thank kmatthews49
Dear kmatthews49,

Thank you very much. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to take advantage of the action in SoHo. We appreciate your kind compliments and look forward to seeing you again soon!

East Lyme, Connecticut
Reviewed January 18, 2011

everything you will need for a great time in Soho
all the help they can provide
walking distance to all the shops

Dear seaducer,

Thank you for the “great and fun” review! See you again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 18, 2011

My girlfriend and I live in NYC and decided to do a "stay-cation" for MLK weekend and save some money instead of going away. Therefore we were looking for a luxury hotel with great amenities, as we would be spending most of our time in the room, and not exploring the city that we live in.

I booked a basic room at the Trump SoHo for Sunday evening. Prior to my arrival, I traded several emails with Ashley in the Attache department to set up a surprise rose petal turn-down service for our stay. She was extremely helpful and attentive to my needs. Little did I know that my girlfriend was also emailing with her as well to arrange for a surprise bottle of champagne to be in the room upon arrival.

We arrived around 3:30pm to check in and Aaron at the front desk helped us. I asked if it was possible to upgrade our room and he took a look and said if we were willing to wait about an hour, he could upgrade us to a beautiful room on the 39th floor with great views. We said an hour would be no problem. So we took our complimentary champagne and went up to the 2nd floor Library lounge to wait. Aaron called me 35 minutes later to tell me our room was ready and he personally came up to the Library to give us our keys. Aaron was a great first impression of the hotel and we were looking forward to seeing our room.

We arrived on the 39th Floor and the room was everything we had hoped for and more. I am a seasoned traveler in the US and Europe and have stayed in lots of different hotels and I can say that this is by far the nicest I have ever stayed in. It was extremely spacious for a NYC hotel, as it had a large foyer area with mini bar area, desk area, king sized bed with a bench at the end and then a full size couch next to the window. The bathroom was as big as a studio apartment with 2 sinks, toilet, walk in shower and large tub under the window. The views were facing east and we could see uptown to our left. There were wonderful plush robes and slippers and the bed was like a cloud. So comfy and cozy with a giant headboard behind it. The room was impeccably clean as well.

When we returned from dinner that evening, the rose petal turn-down service had been done with a rose-petal heart on the bed as well. We took a wonderful bubble bath that evening complete with candles. I highly recommend taking a bath if you are looking for a romantic time on your stay.

We requested a 2pm late check-out and spent the morning in bed. We opted to run out to get Dunkin Donuts down 2 blocks up the street instead of room service, as to save some money.

All in all, Trump SoHo did not disappoint and I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a luxury stay in NYC. Ashley and Aaron made our stay even that more enjoyable and I can't thank both of them enough. Run don't walk to book the Trump SoHo!!

Dear Maxxwell8,

Thank you very much for your in-depth and thoughtful comments. It sounds like you had a very special time with your girlfriend. We greatly appreciate you compliments about the level of service you experienced as well as the hotel amenities. I will certainly share your words with Aaron and Ashley, who I know will be delighted. We hope to see you on your next stay-cation!

Irvine, California

Staff, rooms, location, service, ammenities... this is a 10+ hotel. Thanks

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear screennamepain,

Wow! Thank you for the 10+ rating! Looking forward to your next visit.