The Dominick Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
SIXTY SoHo(New York City)
  • Room Service
Arlo SoHo(New York City)
  • Pool
Hotel Hugo(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
3,239 results
All reviewstrump sohotrump hotelspring streetkoi restaurantnew yorksoho areanespresso machinehudson rivercorner suitein room diningholland tunnelroom servicefloor to ceiling windowsfreedom towerhigher floorturn down servicethe empire state building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2010

great locations,huge rooms,high level of prsonal service...they anticipated every need! cant wait to return

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2011

Dear richlester,

Thank you. I love to hear that we anticipated your every need - that is one of our team’s mottos! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 29, 2010

In New York, if you want to stay at a famous place like The Plaza Hotel, go ahead - you'll get a fancy lobby, tepid service, and average rooms (unless you've got tons of money and are staying in a mega-suite). I don't mind paying big bucks for a hotel experience, but I want to feel like I got my money's worth. Trump SoHo adequately delivered.

Rooms were a 10. Just amazing - clean, ultra-contemporary, luxuriously appointed, with an amazing view of the skyline (if you're on the correct side of the hotel, and opt for the higher-up rooms at a small surcharge). I never heard another guest, a testimony to the solid building. I stayed in a mini-suite on the corner of a high floor (an upgrade at check-in), but I feel I would have enjoyed the standard room.

Hotel was in a great location - near a bunch of subway stops, Spring Street's eclectic shopping boutiques (go see Evolution on Spring Street). Just a 3 minute walk from Balthazar restaurant - where they served the best waffle I've ever eaten. Back at the hotel, the "Library" lounge was a great place to chill after a long day (or in my case, to warm up after the biizzard of Christmas 2010).

Staff was very gracious and attentive, and really wanted to please you. Example: the front desk guy mailed a postcard and didn't nickel-and-dime me for a stamp when I was fumbling with my wallet to buy one. The barman in the "Library" left a trail of smoke behind him when my pregnant wife asked for a glass of water. The bartender was pleasant, attentive, even when buried alive with business. Front desk was very responsive with directions.

The only negative thing was this: for the money, you'd expect there to be more available outside the rooms. The sauna in the spa was not available to guests without an unreasonable fee. The really hip pool area should be open even in winter: it would be a great touch. Great Netspresso machines in the room, but no coffee cups. Restaurant was a bomb - my meat was a patty of gristle and the wine pours were low-filled. And upon check-in, I found that my last 2 days were priced $200 over what I had been quoted on the internet. I resolved the issue - that's how I got my suite upgrade. And finally, there were lots of little "missing" elements that for $300+ a night, should have been present.

In summary: outstanding place to sleep, and the location can't be beat. Staff is attentive, even if "The Donald" installed bronze sinks he could boast of, at the expense of an extra bartender or cups in the room. The hotel gives you just enough service to feel refreshed enough in the morning to leave the hotel and dash off to your favorite museum. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to friends, but I wouldn't rave about it. Then again, I have yet to find a hotel in New York that was worth visiting all by itself. If you want a hotel that refreshes you, but doesn't compete for your attention with the rest of what New York has to offer, this is it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

Dear Travelfuhrer,

Thank you for your detailed review. I understand that your experience in Quattro and The Library were less than perfect. I have brought this to the attention of my Food and Beverage team. We appreciate our guest’s comments about seasonal services such as the pool deck. Yours are duly noted.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 28, 2010

I brought my 16, 17, 18 and 20 year olds here for a Christmas shopping trip. We loved every minute of our stay here. The room-a two bedroom suite-was fabulous and the view.....gorgeous! From the very beginning, when I booked the room through the 800 number, everyone we spoke/dealt with were courteous, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Service, for the most part, was impeccable; from the housekeeping staff to the front desk, to the bellmen, to the doormen. The only reason I say "for the most part" was because our one encounter with room service-a pot of coffee for three-was not good. She said she'd expedite that but after 30 minutes, I call to check on it and was told it was on its way--15 minutes later it arrived, with only two cups. Really not a big deal and certainly a tiny, tiny glitch in an otherwise fantastic stay.

The beds are very comfortable and we utilized the pull-out couch which they made up just as luxuriously as the regular beds. And no bed bugs! The lack of a bathroom door in the one bedroom is just strange. They do have a sliding door that separates the bedroom from the living area, but it's not substantial by any means and the glass swing door for the toilet is not either. So, be very comfortable with whomever you are staying with because they most certainly will get an earful if a situation arises during your stay! The rain shower head was a nice touch that we all enjoyed and I gave the sleep quality a three only because the walls are super thin and you can hear every single thing going on in the hallways and the rooms next door. Fortunately, one of our bedrooms was on the corner and so two of us were insulated; the other room was more vulnerable to outside noise.

It is located right on the edge of Soho. Take a right out of the hotel onto Spring, walk a couple of blocks and you are right in with all the shops and restaurants. Very good location.

I think the pricing on the rooms is more than fair, especially for the quality of service and accommodation. Room service is very expensive and they tack on a mandatory gratuity and fee. We didn't eat in the restaurants, so I have no input on quality of food and service there.

Overall, fabulous. We have already booked for our next visit in January. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Dear sew333,

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and appreciate your understanding about the coffee delivery that you mentioned. I will follow-up with the In Room Dining team. We do have rooms available with bathroom doors and I have noted this preference for your future visits. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 28, 2010

One of the nicest places we've stayed at in NYC; great views of midtown (that you can't get when you are in midtown), convenient to Holland Tunnel, great areas to walk around nearby - Soho, the Village, Chinatown; Beautiful rooms

Dear kgesqs,

Thank you. Glad you chose to stay downtown with us, especially for the views! See you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2010

The Trump Soho is one classy hotel that if i had the money, would stay there everytime i was in new york. The wife and i stayed there for the first two nights of our honeymoon after getting married in NYC. We got them to order a lincoln black sedan and we booked the deluxe room. I also told them it was our honeymoon. From the impeccable and helpful service at check in, to the very helpful bell boy to arriving to our room, on the 36th floor, with a bed decorated in a heart with rose petals, bouquet of red roses, chocolate covered strawberrys and champagne on ice! All complimentary! They even changed
the champagne for us to juice since dont drink alcohol. The room and bathroom were pure class. From the fluffy cloud like bed to the remote control which literally controls air con, individual lights and curtains as well as the large hd tv, complimentary nespresso (amazing by the way) and the expensive furniture. The best thing had to be the panoramic view capturing empire state building to downtown (see my photo of the view at sunset). We ordered room service, twice and it was head and shoulders better than anything we've experienced from the fact they wheeled in and set up a beautiful dining table, well set out with the highest quality food, cooked to perfection....i could go on and on...try trump soho and be prepared to have your standards raised...my only gripe is that its pricey but you really get what you pay for...and the quality out weighs the cost

• Stayed: December 2010

Dear Ronster9,

Congratulations on your recent marriage! Thank you for your compliments about the level of service you experienced. I will share your words with the team, who I know will be delighted. We hope to see you on many more happy occasions.