“Can't wait to go back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #121 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Houston
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

My husband, daughter and I moved to the Trump Soho after a wonderful 2 night stay at the Warwick in Manhattan. My 22 year old daughter wanted to stay at a newer hotel and also wanted to shop in Soho. We really enjoyed our stay here. We booked a one bedroom deluxe suite and our room was really nice. If you read my Warwick review you will know that I am a big believer in tipping upon check in but I think that I would have received excellent service even if I hadn’t tipped. Our guy had an excellent customer service manner. He gave us a one bedroom with 1 and half baths which was good for us. My daughter slept on the couch/pull out bed and the maid put a feather topping on it which made it very comfortable. The room was really neat and completely electronic. The TV, curtains and lights were all controlled by the remote. We had a beautiful view overlooking the Hudson Bay. On Sunday night, we were treated to a fireworks show at a hotel or restaurant across the Bay. On top of all this, we shared the hotel with a couple of celebrities. As my daughter and I waited for my husband we saw Rachel Zoe and her crew and would swear that Jon Hamm of Mad Men was getting on the elevator when we were getting off. There were so many beautiful people in the lobby, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were many more. We love the doorman they were very friendly, offering umbrellas as it sprinkled a little on Sunday. I would highly recommend this hotel. I only had one complaint. The shower did not have a curtain and the bathroom did not have a door. The shower was surrounded by glass and there is a nice soaking tub but no door separating it from the bedroom. I prefer a little privacy when I shower or bathe and we had to leave the room when my daughter needed to shower for her to feel comfortable. But overall the hotel is fabulous and if you are not shy and are on your honeymoon, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, September 22, 2010
Dear Gotti1038,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful comments. I am glad your daughter convinced the whole family to come downtown! I will certainly share your kind thoughts about the level of service you experienced with the Trump SoHo team. We do have rooms available with bathroom doors and we would be happy to arrange that for you on your next visit. See you again soon!

Best regards,
David Chase, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (807)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

We were a little tentative about a new hotel as well as the fact that it's not in the heart of Soho. We could not have had a better experience. Rooms are wonderful with excellent views. Location was actually ideal, less than 2 minutes walking to main part of Soho but also close to both westside subway lines. Great attention to detail and many small, meaningful perks such as great in-room coffee. Service was outstanding. Beds were very comfortable. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Dear RomeoTravels,

Thank you very much for your kindness. I am so pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our neighborhood location. We truly believe that everything is in the details and always strive to provide the best level of service possible. I will certainly share your comments with our in-room dining team. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Best regards,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed here for 8 nights in June while in NY to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary and were so pleased we chose the Trump Soho. The location is excellent with the subway very close by and many shops and restaurants an easy walk away. The staff were always helpful and friendly, especially the doormen. The rooms were very comfortable and the bed was heavenly. We were also very surprised to receive a complimentary bottle of bubbles on our anniversary; this did puzzle me as I hadn't told the hotel. However turns out my sister had phoned to ask for a bottle to be sent to us and the hotel said they would provide one at no charge, a gesture which was much appreciated. We would absolutely stay here again and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear rodly,

Congratulations on such a milestone! We are so happy you chose to celebrate with us and I am delighted to hear that the Trump SoHo team was able to make your stay memorable. I will surely share your thoughtful comments with our team. We look forward to seeing you on many more happy occasions!

Stockholm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

This is the best hotel i have stayed at,

the frontdesk and concierge so pro.
the bed amazing
the view amazing
the pool amazing

my first choce in new york if i can afford it again:)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Dear EugenStockholm,

The review amazing! Thank you.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

From the moment I made the reservation until we got into the cab to take us back to the airport on our final day, we were made to feel like the most important people in the world. I'll try to do this place justice but unfortunately you won't get the full effect unless you stay there yourself.
I decided on the hotel as a surprise place to celebrate my partner's 50th birthday & our 5 days there were the best hotel experience we have ever had. The decor throughout screams luxury & style with a modern mix of glass, bronze & leather. Everything that I had hoped for was delivered & more.
I booked a suite & the room was breathtaking. We were on the 28th floor & the dual aspect floor to ceiling windows give the most stunning views across the Hudson & uptown looking at the fabulous skyline including the Empire State. The staff cannot do enough for you & their professionalism puts other establishments to shame. We arrived to a personalised letter in the room acknowledging my partner's birthday & the most divine chocolate covered strawberries.
The technology in the rooms is fantastic with everything being remote controlled via a user-friendly interface on the tv, including the lighting schemes, temperature & curtains. The bathrooms are large and luxurious with the most amazing rain showers & a tub with the most amazing views. I challenge anyone to sleep in the beds & not want to get up in the morning. Seriously guys, how do you get beds & pillows so unrealistically comfortable?!
Breakfast was fantastic with a wide range of options including fresh fruit, cold meats/cheese, muesli, yoghurts, bagels, toast, danish, hot bacon,sausage, eggs etc.. etc.. all layed on in a buffet style or there are a-la-carte options if you wish.
The hotel itself is in a fantastic position nestling in the heart of SoHo with its fabulous shopping just around the corner. The Spring St subway station is a couple of mins walk away giving you easy access to everything NYC has to offer.
The team here should be so proud of what they have achieved and the service they deliver.
This was our first experience of NYC & the Trump SoHo made it the most amazing & memorable stay. I'm trying to remember everything else but there's so much...Just go, you will not regret it !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Rich_and_Col,

Thank you very much! Your detailed comments put a big smile on my face. I am delighted that the Trump SoHo staff was able to make your partner’s 50th birthday so special. I will share your thoughts with the team, who I know will be equally as thrilled. I agree with you, the beds are super comfy and are hard to leave! We look forward to welcoming you back on your second experience of NYC.

Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

We have stayed in many 4 and 5 star establishments in the US. This one has to be at the top of the list. Roger, at the front desk, put us in the best room in the hotel when he found it was my wife's birthday. The 39th floor was just finished, and we were the first guests in the room. From the moment we walked in, we were treated like royalty. Hamlet, who brought up our luggage, gave us a great tour of our suite and was quite helpful. There was a cappuccino maker in the room with three types of coffee (one decaf) - no additional charge. Bottled water - plenty - no additional charge. What a change from the norm. Virtually every detail was thought out with amazing perfection. The huge flat screen TV's were personalized with our name when turned on, welcoming us - so were the telephones which had large screens on them allowing us to check the weather, messages and much more. The view was breathtaking from every (many) floor to ceiling windows. The shower was the best shower we have encountered at any hotel. The soaking tub had a window from the tub to the ceiling, with a view of the empire state building. All the cabinetry was either covered in fine leather or exotic wood. The curtains were controlled by wall switches and even by the TV remote. The lighting was similarly controlled. The bed and bath area had a separate AC zone from the living room and office area. There was also a half bath! It was obvious that the best of the best was used everywhere. My wife became ill with a sore throat and cold, so I went downstairs to ask directions to a drug store. I was met with yet another amazing staff member. He brought me a list of over the counter medications. I picked the perfect one and it was brought to our room in minutes – and the cost was only $2.00 for a large bottle of cold medicine. The hotel, we were told, was filled to capacity and even so, when we needed something, we felt we were the only guests. The service was lightening fast and courteous right down to the doormen who remembered our names as we left the hotel the next morning. The location was also fantastic. Walking distance to China Town and Little Italy was simple. Just a short walk down Spring street to see it all. Plenty of fun restaurants nearby. The Starbucks across the street is notorious for opening late, so be aware of that. There is a gorgeous pool on the 7th floor with a Bocce court and cabanas. Just amazing folks. We have stayed at about 5 hotels near Times Square in the past. This location has them beat by a mile. It has the best view in Manhattan. Our suite was 3910, try for that one if you can. The view is breathtaking. Plenty of great shopping near by.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear drachiele,

It is fantastic to read such a thorough and thoughtful review, thank you very much. I am quite pleased that you enjoyed the in-room amenities, décor and views. I am sure Roger and Hamlet will be very happy when I share your comments with them. I know that it is not fun to get sick on vacation and I am delighted that our staff was able to make it a bit better. Thank you for choosing to come downtown to stay with us at Trump SoHo and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

Trump Soho exemplifies the meaning of Beyond Professional. The management left no stone unturned as our experience was well beyond any hotel we have stayed at. The service was warm, professional and caring. The staff was sincere in their dialogue and truly cared about our experience. The rooms are plush and are technologically advanced. The sleeping arrangements were perfect. The attention to every detail. There was always someone there to make sure we were cared for. The valets are the first you meet and they pulled it off well beyond the norm. Great hotel, great staff, great restaurant, great service. The best i have ever experienced---ever.
CONGRATULATIONS TRUMP SOHO---everyone can learn from you on how it should be done.
We look forward to returning there in December 2010.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
Dear gary143,

Thank you very much. You have given us quite the compliment and we appreciate it! I will share your comments with the team and I am sure they will be most pleased. We look forward to welcoming you again in December.