“5-star Birthday Surprise!”

Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Washington, DC
“5-star Birthday Surprise!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I surprised my wife with weekend stay at the Trump Soho for her birthday. Nothing short of amazing. Attache services ensured the various surprises I set up for my wife went off without a hitch. I had a gift shipped to the hotel prior to my arrival. They not only stored the gift but wrapped it as well. I had a few of my wife's girlfriend's stop by to surprise her. The hotel staff ensured the guests were able to enter the hotel and gain access to the room without blowing the surprise - not easy. Also, I had a limo (surprise) pick up my wife and her friends for a night on the town. They were able to notify me the minute the limo arrived without blowing the surprise by following my detailed instructions. Nothing short of amazing - my wife is still talking about the trip!!
Midtown views - AMAZING!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank frequentttraveler
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear frequentttraveler,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo for your wife's birthday celebration and sharing your experience! It sounds like you and she had a wonderful time and I am so pleased to hear that. I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the team. Hope to see you again soon!

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New Jersey
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Trump Soho. We booked our room through a program with our credit card and some of the perks are: room upgrade if available and check-in at noon if available. We got both and that was a great start to our stay.

Our room had a terrific view of the Empire State Building. Room was spacious and clean.

Pros:
Gym was small but machines were good and new.
Location was close to shopping and restaurants.

Cons:
As part of our package, we received breakfast for 2 daily. At check-in, the employee told us that we could have whatever we wanted. It turns out there is a maximum amount that we can charge each day and it was not until check-out that we found out about this. This is why we asked at check-in because some hotels have a dollar amount per day and some do not.

Although the hotel is relatively new, I think 3 or 4 years old, we were surprised at how worn the furnishings in the room already looked.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear twosquares,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback. I am happy to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay, but I am sorry to hear that your breakfast package was not properly communicated to you; our breakfast package is for In room dining and it is based on the value of the continental breakfast. We are continuously striving to be the premiere luxury hotel in New York City and we are very grateful that we can learn from your feedback, which will certainly be addressed to the team. I am also glad to inform you, that we are currently starting a soft goods renovation program that will include all furniture and carpet replacement. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future for a seamless stay!

Pleasanton, California
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Loved the location of this hotel. Surrounded by great shopping and restaurants. Walking distance to NYU and 9/11 Memorial. Room was wonderful and we chose one with no view. Can pay a little extra for it if that is what you like. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank ptownshopper
Dear ptownshopper,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as the location of the hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We just spent several days at the Trump property on Spring Street in New York CIty. This property is just so very special. I love the locate which is near wonderful shopping and restaurants
We were there for my twin daughters to interview for fall internships. The staff learned they
were doing this and sent fashion magazines to the room. Every single person we met greeted us like a special friend. We travel all over the world and we have never been treated this well.
Our room was just spectacular! Our bed looked right at the new Freedom Tower! We slept with the curtains open because it was just so special. I cannot wait to go back and just appreciate the extra effort of so many of the staff!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a special room, they are all so very nice. Try to get on one of the upper...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Melinda30375,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our location. It is great to hear that you were impressed by the staff's efforts and we all hope that your daughter was able to obtain the internship of her dreams. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Trump SoHo!

Best,
Oklahoma City, OK USA
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My wife and I loved this hotel. The location is great, within easy walking disance of many fine shops and restaurants in SoHo as wellas Greenwich Village and TriBeca. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, something you don't always find in a hiotel with a hip address. Our room was large and well-appointed. The view of NYC was spectacular. The bathroom was beautiful and spacious. Every time I entered or departed the building I was greeted. The bartendaer makes tasty cocktails and was friendly. We hated to check out. It was a wonderful experience from beginning to end.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear SoonerSteve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took advantage of the great location. I am also very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience with the staff - I will be sure to pass on your kind words. Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The greatest beds I ever slept on. Comfortable.
Great view.
Great service.
Great location. As a tourist, it is easy to reach by subway and it's close to many of Manhattan's points of interest.
By the way: there is a Starbuks right across the street.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear mehighh,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and taking the time to share your feedback! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and location. In fact, you can buy the Trump Bed and make it your own. Feel free to email me at gmaoberoi@trumphotels.com if you would like more information about purchasing a bed. We hope to see you again soon!

Massapequa, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Our stay was first class in a wonderful area. Didn't use the spa but late appetizers and drinks after a great dinner. Front desk and door staff make you feel special. Walking distance to soho and west village. Great shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious. Great views!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear 7G_clk,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the great location. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the front desk and doormen. Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future!