Just returning from a ten-day stay in NYC at the Trump Soho. We usually stay at The London NYC when we visit, so the Trump Soho was a first for us. Overall we had a great stay. Nothing amazing about it but the hotel definitely lives up to its 5 star standard. Here’s a quick summary of what I liked and disliked:
1) ROOMS: we upgraded to one of the "Premier Rooms" located between the 30th and 34th floor of the hotel. We definitely recommend those (you have 4 categories of rooms each located on specific floors of the hotel). The Premier Rooms have a spectacular view over the city with huge "bay windows". The bed was extremely comfortable but the comforter a little small for 2 people. The electronic equipment in the room was okay -- nothing extraordinary (flat screen TV, iPhone docket station, Nespresso coffee machine, etc.). You have no free WiFi in the room, which I thought was sort of greedy considering the high-priced nature of this hotel (Wifi is approximately 15$ a day, 34$ for 3 days and around 70$ for a week). Also worth noticing is that the room is fairly spacious considering NYC standards with a HUGE bathroom.
2) SERVICE: the staff was cordial and professional, which is the only thing you can really ask from these guys in my opinion. The staff is not overly friendly but is definitely customer-service driven. We ordered in-room dining a few times and the food was delicious and promptly delivered too. No complaints there.
3) LOCATION: You are right in the heart of SoHo (do I really need to elaborate on this one?). Plus, you have plenty of cabs always passing by the hotel so getting a cab quickly is never an issue if you need one.
1) THE GYM: are you kidding me?? How you can actually call that ridiculous closet a "gym" with a straight face beats me. It is basically a 10m2 room with one glass, 5 cardio equipments, a few dumbells and that's it. Come on guys, this is NYC I am sure you can do better than that. It’s the smallest most poorly equipped gym I have EVER seen in any decent hotel I have been to. For those who are staying at the Trump for more than just a couple of days, you are better off getting a visitor's pass in one of the many gyms in the hotel area.
2) THE OVERALL PRICE RANGE OF THE ROOMS: The Trump Soho is expensive. No need to beat around the bush here. And that's okay I personally don't mind (I mean, as a customer you cannot target a luxury hotel and then expect to get off easy when it comes to spending that dough). But when you pay that much for a room you rightfully expect everything to be really amazing and "perfect" sort of speaking. The Trump Soho is on the higher end of most 5 star hotels in NYC when it comes to the price tag. So, as a hotel, when you are playing it THAT elitist on the fees you should make sure to play it equally exclusive on the overall performance. And that simply wasn't the case here. But Trump Soho is still one of the best hotels in NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adding distinction to the skyline, Trump SoHo® New York brings a new perspective of Manhattan from its 391 guest rooms, providing unparalleled views of the city from floor-to-ceiling windows in the deluxe and premiere rooms and suites. The Spa at Trump® features New York's only luxury hammam experience, relaxation rooms and fitness center. Trump SoHo is pleased to welcome the new signature restaurant Koi SoHo, featuring an imaginative menu of contemporary Japanese cuisine. Plan your business or social gathering in one of the hotel's exclusive meeting and event spaces. Unwind over cocktails in The Library or retreat to the seasonal Bar d'Eau with its outdoor pool deck. Possessing one of the city’s most coveted locations where SoHo meets Tribeca and the West Village with celebrated art galleries, restaurants, shopping and nightlife, Trump SoHo New York is downtown like you’ve never experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump SoHo New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump Soho New York Hotel New York City