“Great Views and Location”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #131 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just returned from two nights with my family at the Trump Soho over Thanksgiving. We stayed in two rooms, including a one-bedroom suite with an amazing corner view southwest towards the Freedom Tower and the Hudson. The staff was very friendly from the front desk, doormen, and housekeeping. My one complaint would be the lack of an attractive place to have a drink. The streetscape is not very attractive and it is too bad there is no space reserved on a high floor for guests to gather in comfort to take advantage of the amazing views. I had a small issue with my bill that took a phone call to fix that left a little funny feeling as well. That being said, we loved the location and would most likely return.

Room Tip: Views are key so select your room depending on your preferences towards midtown, downtown, etc. Roo...
1  Thank DK1960
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear DK1960,
Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay. I am happy to hear overall you had an enjoyable stay and liked the views from your room. Please reach out to me directly on your next trip to NYC and will be happy to assist you. I can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527.

Andreas Oberoi.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,163)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Having lived in the neighborhood & seeing the high cliental thst frequent this hotel, made me really want to stay here - what a misrske! The reception staff are unfriendly, not particularly helpful & stony faced!! Unless you're a celebrity or a wealthy business travelor, don't bother with this hotel.
The room itself was nice with great city views from the higher floors... The bed was too soft, the left sink was clogged & it was a bit dusty near the shower area. I asked to switch rooms the next morning because my back hurt from the worn matress & the room was noisy because of all the winds. They politely refused to move me & had housekeeping fix the bed .... They put a board under the sheet which actually made it worse. After two restless nights, i asked to check out 3 days early which wasn't a problem at all... They could care less. Sorry for $65o a night, you can at least make sure i have a comfortable bed to sleep on!
There isnt any complentary coffee or tea anywhere in the hotel - yo can get starbucks across the street or buy some at the restuarant... Who doesn't offer complimentary coffee??
The location itself isn't that great, the Mercer, greenwich & crosby are much nicer hotels and better situated...
Checking out was uncomfortable and the staff was cold & stoic - i could tell they knew exactly who i was & they had been gossiping about me.... Being a htel receptionist isn't a better position than being an RN so cool the attitude, ladies!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank walburgerz

Dear walburgerz,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I spent four nights here to celebrate Thanksgiving with our daughter who lives in West Village. Our room on the forty first floor was magnificent and incredibly quiet. I never saw a housekeeper, but our room was immaculately kept. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: We did use a sight called Magellen Vacations for a good rate.
2  Thank Mary S

Dear Mary S,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable stay and the location was convenient for you when visiting your daughter. I am pleased you enjoyed your room and the services we offered. I look forward to welcoming you back to NYC soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We booked this hotel based on very positive reviews, and for us it really lived up to our high expectations! We spent a long weekend in NY to celebrate my wife's birthday and had a great time! All the people we met during the stay were really down-to-earth, easy to talk to and extremely service-minded. The hotel has a very nice decor and style and the standard is high on everything. We went for the one-bedroom-suite which was wonderful and very spacious. The bed is the best I have ever tried and have never slept as well as I did there! We had both breakfast in the room and at the Koi-restaurant and quality of food and service was great. Although standard of hotel is superb, what truly makes this hotel stand out: The people working there. They made the stay flawless from check-in to check-out. I only wish we had stayed longer. But not to worry - we got ourselves a new favorite in NYC and will be back, hopefully in a short time!
Mr. Larsen

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jlarse02

Dear jlarse02,
Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you and your wife had a great stay to celebrate your wife's birthday. Thank you for mentioning our great associates and the great service they provided to you. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We spent many hours checking out hotels in NYC for our visit ,this was the last leg of a 4 week holiday, we wanted somewhere away from the hustle of times square so opted for Soho,the Trump had great reviews and what we wanted was somewhere to relax after a day walking round the big apple, we booked a 1 bed Suite for My wife,10 year old son and myself, we also requested a view of uptown and the Hudson in a corner room, The Trump certainly delivered, we got a 33rd room floor with amazing views to the empire state and the Hudson, the service was first class, the rooms are huge and bathroom was amazing also, Soho is also very nice with many restaurants a few minutes walk,Chris on the front door was very friendly and asked each time we left if we needed and directions etc, Would recommend Trump to anyone

1  Thank phil19722013

Dear phil19722013,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear you and your family had a great stay and enjoyed the amazing views from your room. I will also share the nice comment to Chris, our doorman as he will appreciate this. I look forward to welcoming you back to Trump SoHo on your next vacation.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stay at The Trump Soho approx three times a year over the last 6 years and I am returning back to New York next month and finally sitting down to book a hotel. Where it was always an easy decision I must say, I am really having a difficult time returning to The Trump Soho. The Hotel has nice rooms especially the One bedroom suite and the amenities are well done but, The lobby, restaurant and all other common areas are in extreme need for renovation, design and creating a good flow throughout the hotel. The lobby always felt like you were walking into a condominium building, not a welcoming hotel there are no luxuries just a few extremely tattered sofas with stained carpeting and ugly walls around you the design is terrible in the common areas extremely tattered and run down, almost depressing. It feels so awkward you cannot sit anywhere except a tiny little bar in the Koi restaurant and the other restaurant in the hotel where they serve breakfast feels as if its temporary and it is so out of place almost corporate feeling. There is no place to sit and chill with family or friends to have a drink appetizers or coffee. When I look at so many other hotels they offer amazing common areas and great rooms as well. Trump, Im not sure I will be returning until you get a much needed face lift and improve your common areas. I can find so many other hotels that really offer so much more.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TZK88

Dear TZK88,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Trump SOHO combines beautiful style with the charm of NYC. We stayed in a one bedroom, two bathroom suite. They wanted to upgrade us but the room wasn't ready and I needed to change clothes for an event. Nice touch for them to consider it though. The ceiling to floor windows enable stunning views of NYC. Great atmosphere in the lounge where we sat and enjoyed a cocktail.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Judith H,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am glad to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed the floor to ceiling views from your room. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.