“Amazing Hotel and location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump SoHo New York

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #118 of 478 Hotels in New York City
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing Hotel and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Whilst we have visited New York a number of times this was the first time we stayed near Soho but we absolutely loved it and will be staying here again. We got a great deal via expedia .co.uk for the hotel and flights from Edinburgh and when we arrived whilst not free we got a discounted upgrade which gave us a room on the 36th floor with Empire State and river views to die for (room 3612 for reference). The staff were very helpful and I would single out the following 2 Angelina on the reception desk and Angel the doorman who were both very helpful and knowledgeable.The only quibble we had was the very small bar in Koi restaurant and I would suggest that a separate larger bar would be a good idea. The 7th floor open air pool is great for relaxing in the sun after a hard days whatever and there is a spa for pampering if you feel the need.

Room Tip: Get a room on as high a floor as possible on the east side of the hotel for amazing views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dougie99
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Dougie99,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the location of our Hotel. Also, thank you for recognizing our two associates. I will share your kind reviews with them. I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to NYC.

Andreas Oberoi.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for my boyfriends birthday in August 2013. We stayed for a total of 6 nights. The hotel is immaculate, it smells amazing and is so clean. Our room, we were upgraded to a deluxe room. This was on a higher floor, I think floor 21. So the views were nice. Our room was large, the bathroom had a separate shower and tub. The room had a sofa and a large bed, with a tv and also a mini kitchen - this was very nice. The bed was amazingly comfy! The check-in & check-out staff weren't very helpful and I wouldn't say they were very interested in us - that was a bit of a let down. However the concierge staff were very good! There were 2 men in particular that were extremely helpful. Also when I phoned guest services, the female I got was also very helpful and offered us a 1pm check out time rather than a 12 noon. I wasn't too keen on my spa experience. I'm not being picky...I just felt it was extremely overpriced for what you got. The changing area wasn't too clean and wasn't well organised and my massage was average..... Very expensive for what it was, also I didn't appreciate a $50 service charge on top of my bill as a tip. I would not tip that for a massage. Also when we were checking out we had service charges & different taxes on to our bill - I wasn't aware this was going to happen as when I booked I got told a total price and presumed this was the final price.

Soho is a fabulous location. Excellent restaurants, cafe's and shops! There is a starbucks straight across the road from the hotel, so fab for a coffee in the morning. We took a taxi into times square etc and was between $10 & $12. You can walk to Chinatown, Little Italy, financial district, also to get your ferry to the statue of liberty!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Sarah D,
Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing Trump SoHo to celebrate your boyfriend's birthday. I'm happy to hear overall you enjoyed your stay and the amenities and our friendly staff. Your feedback is very important and appreciate your review regarding the spa. Please reach out to me to book your next trip to Trump SoHo.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the deluxe room, absolutely loved the bed- so comfortable.. Room were cleaned and stocked up twice a day.. View and location faultless. Only let down was that you had to pay for wi-fi ..now in this day and age you'd expect to get that as part of you room booking! Seems so antiquated to charge your guests to utilise wi-fi. Aside from that I recommend you stay as close to the top floor as possible, definitely worth paying for the view

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Alvee306,
Thank you for your review and happy to hear you enjoyed our very plush beds. We do offer complimentary wifi in our rooms when the reservation is booked directly through our website. In addition, we also have complimentary wifi in our lobby for all guests and a complimentary business center. We hope to welcome you back to Trump SoHo on your next visit to NYC.

Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Trump Soho for my birthday in August. The Hotel is a tower in Soho, and we could not think of a better venue. Soho is chic without being pretentious, the Hotel on Spring Street is in a superb position close enough to what is going on but in a quiet area. The staff were at all times helpful and polite and we could not have wished for a better experience.

The room (always spotlessly cleaned) was spacious and the bathroom well appointed, with plenty of “smellies” Always plenty of towels. The Nespresso machine in the room was a nice touch the coffee superb.

The services offered by the Hotel were superb and professional, the pool and pool bar in particular being our favourites. The allocation of seating (generally plenty of sets were available) but the sunbeds in the afternoon were at a premium but always allocated in strict rotation, however if there were no sunbeds available at a particular time there was always somewhere comfortable to sit and await one’s turn.

All in all a proper five star experience

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephen R,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm thrilled to hear you and your wife had a great stay to celebrate your birthday, and enjoyed the SoHo location. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We enjoyed the caring attentive staff and the fresh facilities and comfortable serenity of a private residence. WIFI is a charge in guest room, but fairly fast & reasonably priced. Suggest they have better incentive to buy multiple days and or week service. They have all the comforts of home without kitchen facilities. Our coffee machine was not working properly, even after the turndown attendant tried. Lamps hard to figure out. Drapes were great. I liked the microwave and the popcorn. Plenty of outlets and free self service use of fax, scanner, printer, copier and terminal in small private business center.

Room Tip: all rooms have good views and access to the elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear johnberndt,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I'm glad to hear you had a pleasant stay and utilized our business center and amenities throughout the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to NYC.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Trump SoHo is hands-down, my favorite property in New York. It is on the high-end but well-worth the money if your budget allows. For a gazillion reasons:
- From the minute you arrive, the door staff and reservation staff is friendly, accommodating and amazing. I have never had an issue with any of the staff during any of my visits.
- Each time I visit, they recall my past visit and are sometimes able to upgrade my room free of cost. When upgraded, I am usually put in a two-room suite - the size of this room is ridiculous for New York hotels. But even when not upgraded, their basic room is light-years better than other NY properties. It feels very high-end but is still comfortable.
- There are always celebrities staying here!
- Library Bar and Koi are amazing - great food.
- The Workout facility is large, open with many windows and brand-new machines.
- It is minutes away from amazing SoHo shopping - starting with a Starbucks across the street ... then just blocks down you will find lots and lots of great shops - chain stores and smaller boutiques.

Would I stay here again? Yes, for sure. Unless I am in NY on a short trip where the location doesn't make sense, this is always my go-to property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Erica J,
Thank you for sharing your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoy our amenities our hotel has to offer and that you are recognized as our valued and loyal guest. Please let me know if I can assist you on booking your next stay at Trump SoHo.

Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hmmm...

Basically a good hotel but it's sort of falling apart and the furniture is looking like fingers have been touching it. The oddest thing was the air conditioner. It wasn't working, so I opened its door and it was covered in a block of ice. A guy came from downstairs and waved a hair dryer at at for ten minutes and it started up... but it stopped working in the middle of the night. And then the next night the air conditioner turned into a block of ice and the guy with the hair dryer came back. I'm wondering why an upcale NYC hotel doesn't have good air conditioners.

The staff all have sexy voices -- and ordering room service or anything else is kind of cool -- but I'm not sure if they communicate with each other. I ordered a car to get me at Newark Airport, and over a one-week period I had four emails from four different staffers asking me if I wanted to order a car (!!!) On the day I flew I'm glad I phoned before the plane took off because they still had no record of my having ordered a car.

This alll sounds like a snark but it's actually me hoping they fix all of this. The people who work there are kind and nice but somehow they're not connecting with each other which is strange.
It's a terrific location and more people should know about it. It's not douchey or trashy and is good to know about. PLEASE FIX YOUR GLITCHES HOTEL! I like you!

Over and out.

Room Tip: The staff rooms are right by the elevators on most floors, it seems, and it's Grand Central Stat...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Calgaryprisoner,
I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations andI would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Andreas Oberoi