“Spot on!”

Ranked #129 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Miami, Florida
“Spot on!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel with my parents whom I brought to NYC for cancer treatment at Memorial Sloan Kettering (which, as a side note, I believe is the best cancer treatment facility in the US, bar none). As part of the pre booking process I communicated some special needs for my folks with the Director for Guest Relations, Mr. Harry Bueno. He along with the entire team here at the Trump Soho have provided absolutely superlative service for myself but more importantly my parents. They were upgraded to a high floor suite where some special food and pillows were placed in the room prior to check in. Everyone from the door men, to the front desk, guest relations, Breakfast team and Concierge have been, without exception, fabulous. The sense of care that they have taken to ensure that this experience is as least stressful as possible has been superlative. This service along with beautifully done rooms with absolutely any amenity you could ask for along with a prime location in Soho and the West Village with views of either uptown or downtown that are worth a million bucks make this a must stay in NYC.

Do yourself a favor, make your reservation now and begin to enjoy a wonderful experience.

Finally, thanks to the team at the Trump Soho. You'll never know how much each of you have done to make these people who were extremely nervous and tense feel a sense of safety and secure in the care of each of your kind and capable hands. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for the view you would prefer. You can see uptown towards the Empire state building and Broadwa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Miamiboys
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Rkenn44263,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I appreciate your kind words about all our staff, especially Harry - we will be sure to share them with him. We hope the best for you and please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (829)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Worcester
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have stayed at the Trump Soho twice now and reviewed it before. I'm not sure if we could ever go to a different hotel for our annual visit to New York. The staff are efficient and friendly and eager to help in any way they can. The hotel itself is decorated very smartly in contemporary style and the rooms spotless, do book on a floor that will give a view of the manhattan skyline if possible (above floor 20) and a corner room/suite is best (we received a double upgrade both times of staying with booking through Amex). The location is our favourite - Soho, great atmosphere, shopping, bars, restaurants all on your doorstep. When we stayed last year, the hotel provided a complimentary daily paper and wifi in the lobby. This was not given this year but it certainly won't deter us from booking again!
One thing - just be careful as the hotel prices, as with almost everything in New York, don't include taxes which are then added on when you pay.....

Room Tip: Room on a higher floor gives unbelievable views. We just stayed in deluxe suite 3605 and woke every...
Dear JLMWorchester,
Welcome back and thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel staff. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and our location in SoHo. I look forward to welcoming you back to Trump SoHo in the near future.

Midlothian, VA
Reviewed August 13, 2013

You owe it to yourself to try this place out. Amazing views from high floors. Great location in Soho. Cool vibe. Service was amazing & friendly. The room was large and Premium rooms are great because on the top floors so views are amazing!!! Try Aquagrill for lunch or dinner when you go!

Room Tip: Premium Rooms are on High floors -- amazing views!!
Dear GregoryMoore,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm happy to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed the views from your room. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Lake Worth, FL
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Walking into the lobby, I knew this was going to be an amazing stay. The lobby is gorgeous and smelled fantastic. They must pump something through the air conditioners. As I arrived at the check-in counter I was greeted with a glass of champagne and chocolate. My room was on a high floor and had floor to ceiling windows. The room was beautifully appointed and luxurious. The bathroom was beautiful but my only complaint was the lighting was terrible in there. The location was great A beautiful crowd filled lobby and created a great vibe, I didn't want to go to bed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Fivez,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our arrival experience as well as the views from your room. We hope to welcome you back soon to Trump SoHo.

Oceanside, New York
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a suite. Beautiful suite and decor. Service was not up to par. We asked for ice. They never showed and when we called again, they said they would check on it...still didn't receive. Not only did she not apologize....but the ice never came. I don't want to sound picky, but when one pays he amount of money asked to stay there, one would expect impeccable service. Suite very clean. Spa, amazing. But hotel service needs some shaping up. The door men....probably the best service I've received. Not joking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Toni L,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Jakarta
Reviewed August 11, 2013

we stayed here for 2 nights to try out this htel given the review. The one thing that we probably had a different experience than some of the reviews here is the service we received. It was fantastic and we have zero complaints.
Overall we find the following:

room: excellent and large. Love the little touch like the nespresso coffee. The bathroom is also spacious with awesome shower.
Spa: we tried the turkish bath together. that was a very unique experience and a must-try if u never had one before.
Restaurant: the menu is a bit limited for breakfast. But the quality is very good.

we tried about 4 hotels in our trips to NYC- this was one of the gems we have stayed.

1 Thank pps79
Dear pps79,
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us at Trump SoHo. I'm thrilled to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed the Turkish Hammam in our Spa. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in New York.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Overall the Trump SoHo was great. Although I stayed there long enough to discover their flaws. I think they need more staff at the front desk, a bigger pool and a new layout for their spa. I stayed there 9 days in July (two different visits through Inspirato) and my return visit was much better than my debut. My first room smelled of smoke that actually woke me up in the middle of the night. Because I pointed it out to them, they upgraded me for my return visit.
The valet staff made my stay very happy with their huge smiles and always remembering my name!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mary S
Dear Mary S,
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you returning as our guest and we strive to continuously make improvements, so your feedback is helpful and informative. I hope you will visit Trump SoHo on your next visit to New York.

Andreas Oberoi.