“TIP TOP!!!”
Review of The Dominick Hotel

The Dominick Hotel
Ranked #129 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Loved my one-night stay here in the centre of Soho. Paid extra for an upgrade and it was worth every cent - wonderful view of the Hudson River and the room was so huge it felt like an apartment. Don't normally use hotel tubs but had to since the view of the river from tub window was sublime, especially with a lovely glass of red!!! All staff from the concierge to Reception were utterly professional.....Had a slight issue with room location which was handled superbly by Mr Ng.....Nothing was too much trouble. If I had to be really picky we had to wait 20 mins for a coffee in the lobby when we checked out but all in all a very lovely and memorable stay. Just wished I could stay more often.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the Hudson....magical.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Palm-Tree-P
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Palm-Tree-P,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our wonderful views from your room, and am happy to hear Mr. Ng was able to assist you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Andreas Oberoi

Write a ReviewReviews (3,174)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Trump Soho is AMAZING! From the moment you enter the hotel the staff is so accommodating and always have the best attitudes! The lobby is a great place to read and relax.
The location of the hotel is great! In Soho with great shopping and so much fun to walk around.
The area is very safe- we would walk around very late at night.
The rooms are amazing. Very modern with all the great touches of a fine hotel.
Wonderful bedding and pillows! Great bathrooms- amazing shower and sunk in tub.
The staff is always very helpful to fulfill any need you may have.
Had the pleasure of meeting Miss Soo- Director of Guest Relations. She was so lovely and helpful. All the doormen are always jumping to help you. Chris at the front door always has the biggest smile and greets you - like you are so special!
We were celebrating a special occasion and they sure made it extra special for us! Mr. Ng- Director of Front Office is the absolute BEST!
If you want to be pampered and looking for a great hotel- Then Trump Soho is the hotel for you!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sally6,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am thrilled to hear you were pampered by our amazing staff, and you liked the location of the Hotel in the SoHo area. We look forward to your next visit with us soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My daughter and I spent four days here while visiting perspective schools. The hotel is modern, new and clean. We stayed in a suite which was nice but rather small. We really enjoyed the hotel's location and would definitely recommend as well as stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanna S
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Joanna S
Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo while visiting NYC for perspective schools for your daughter. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Came back for our third stay at the Trump Soho with friends who were visiting New York for the first time. We were not surpised that everyone loved the hotel, the staff, the views and the location. For the first time though we had a problem, as the air conditioner unit was loose and rattled the entire night. I explained the problem to the front desk who immediately corrected it and upon our departure from the hotel, the manager compensated us accordingly. A first class act from a first class hotel.

Room Tip: Stay as high as you can and a corner room if possible
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Steven S

Thank you for staying with us again at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate your repeat business and am pleased to hear you and your friends enjoyed the views and our location downtown. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I spent 14 nights at this hotel recently. We were woken during the first few nights by periodic noise which we initially tolerated because we were so tired from sightseeing all day. Eventually, we had very little sleep one night which is a problem when you want to maximise your days, particularly on your first visit to New York. Fortunately, Daniel Ng, came to our rescue and resolved our problem. Daniel is an outstanding representative of this hotel and they are indeed lucky to have an employee of such high calibre. This hotel would have received a low rating because of our issue but he single-handledly turned that into an excellent rating. Our room was very comfortable, the hotel is well located and close to a couple of subway stations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear dingo23

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us for your first visit to NYC and happy to hear that Daniel was able to assist you during your stay. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is one of the best experiences at a hotel I have ever had. Mohinder at the front desk provided outstanding service. Upon arrival, he knew that I was there for a rare trip away from family and so he honored and even exceeded all my requests. There were just little extra details about the service and the amenities that made Trump Soho stand out. For instance, there was bottled water in my room every day and turn down service with chocolates. Room service came exactly on time, they even set out my plates for me, and it tasted amazing. My spa treatment was relaxing and I felt pampered. They even had umbrellas ready for me before it even started raining, and the bell hop somehow knew and referred to be by my name. Its these details that count. Beyond the outstanding service, my room was remarkable, especially for NYC standards. Everything was electronically linked so in the morning, I pressed the wake up button and the blinds opened automatically to reveal a floor to ceiling view of the empire state building - nice! I was a little hesitant because I wasn't really sure about the TRUMP brand and its high prices, but I have officially been converted. I used to travel 100% for work so have stayed at many hotels. Thus, I think it says a lot for me to be so impressed because I know I have very high hotel standards. I have never written a Tripadvisor post but felt so impressed I had to.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear M T

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. I am happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. I appreciate your nice feedback about our staff and look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Something is seriously amiss at this hotel. Lots of glitz and folksy greetings, but if you call someone to get anything done you had better be prepared to wait. Rooms are adequate, but totally overpriced for what you get. We needed extra towels and it took housekeeping an hour to respond. Room service is not room service. It is more "wishful" room service. You simply never know when your order will arrive. And when it does arrive the waiter will tell you how far away the kitchen is and how busy they are. Helloooo!

The worst experience however was in the rooftop restaurant. It was a hot day so we ordered a salad and iced champagne. My partner made the mistake of ordering black cod which is a favourite of ours. The folksy waiter took the order and disappeared. Forty minutes later we managed to get sight of him and asked about our food and drink. "I'll check" he said and disappeared again. After 60 minutes I spoke to the manager of the restaurant who told me the food had to come from very far down in the hotel. The champagne, he neglected to mention, was coming from the bar which was perhaps three meters from us.

Long story short. The salad arrived 65 minutes later and was limp and the black cod was not edible. It has obviously been laying around for an hour waiting to be carried to the rooftop restaurant. The champagne travelled the "long distance" of three meters and arrived flat.

Oh, lest I forget, we never saw our waiter again. We were told he had gone home. His shift had ended. Next day we left . That was the happiest moment of our stay.

Room Tip: Un less you're staying in the Penthouse, the rooms are just adequate, not more. But totally ove...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Mkech

Dear Mkech

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.