“Pretty Fab” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #121 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Darwin
“Pretty Fab”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Just completed 6 nights in one of the Delux rooms on the 29th floor. Fantastic views over the financial dis, the Freedom Tower and the Hudson. The room was smaller than I expected for what you are paying. I expected more space, but that is the only criticism. Apart from that the room, bathroom (which is quite large), hotel, and staff service are simply top notch.

The room is super modern with remote control of everything. Pressing the 'Wakeup' button in the morning have everything turn on and the curtains open is pretty cool. The service from staff was impeccable. All the food services are pricey but in the end was all so good I kept paying the $32 for breakfast. Genuine 5-star hotel, but 4.5 for me as the room was a bit cramped for the price.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank VinceDarwin
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear VinceDarwin

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the remote controlled features in our rooms. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (807)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Peachtree City, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

First stay at Trump Soho. We stayed room 3609- beautiful view of water, Empire State Building and Freedom Tower. Room was beautiful, staff was kind and helpful in recommending restaurants, etc. What was not great was the NOISE! My husband and I felt like the noises from the street were amplified at this hotel. Police, fire trucks, garbage trucks, general traffic noise -- all were very very noticiable in our room. This wasn't our first trip to NYC, but it was our first time at this hotel. My husband and I felt our rooms at Times Square were much quieter...and we aren't expecting silence, but muffled sounds were expected. In addition, our upstairs neighbor's "extra curriculuar activies" (if you get my drift) were on display both nights of our stay. My husband and I could hear conversations, the tv AND all the swear words/noises/laughter/ etc that they made during their, ahem," happy time".
While we don't begrudge a couple their romantic time at a hotel, being woken up from a sound sleep by people swearing is not my idea of a good night. Nothing was done by the management when we told them of the problem. NOTHING.
We will not be staying there again. We'll head to the Trump hotel by Central Park or the W Times Square.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Stacy P

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the view from your room and appreciate your nice feedback on our staff. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations in regards to noise issues. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spend the night at the fabulous downtown trump soho. The staff was so friendly and super nice. KIO was delicious - an amazing addition to the hotel. After dinner the lounge was incredible for a drink. What a fun NY scene. You never need to leave the hotel...perfect night!

Room Tip: Fabulous bathrooms!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Renay S

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Second stay at the Trump soho, it actually gets better.
Last time I was on the 12th Floor this time I stayed on the 30th floor and I would advise you to request a room at least on the 30th floor or higher, the views are just incredible!
The staff are brilliant (take a lot of extra cash to Tip!)
The Koi restaurant is great, highly recommended and the SPA is also first class.
Can't wait to return, it doesn't get better than the Trump Soho

Room Tip: Request a room on the higher floors, no need to splurge on a suite the standard rooms are huge and f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear lola s

Thank you for staying with us again at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our spa and the views from your room. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

No. California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Four of us stayed in a 2 bdrm suite #4204. Fantastic views! Especially from the main bedroom with 2 floor-to-ceiling glass walls. Not a full view of the Empire State Bldg, just the top, but plenty gorgeous. Spacious bathrooms and Acqua di Parma products are always a plus. Ice bucket refilled daily. Nespresso machine was used quite often. There was even a microwave oven which made it convenient to warm up milk for the coffee.

We didn't intend to use room service or laundry service but after an incident in the elevator (we were stuck for 90 minutes) the hotel management apologized profusely, sent a cashmere coat out for complimentary dry cleaning, sent a bottle of champagne on ice to the room and comped room service for the rest of the stay. We ordered brunch, watched Argo, and after a few mimosas we felt encouraged to try the elevator again. I thought the staff did a wonderful job of making up for the mishap. Thank you.

Hotel Soho location is perfect for shopping and dining. We had the best squid ink pasta at Il Mulino, fantastic Duck Confit at Balthazar, pretty good croissant at Dean & Deluca, yummy rice pudding at Rice to Riches (must go there to take pictures), pretty good Xiao Long Bao at Joe's Shanghai in Chinatown. All within walking distance from the hotel!

When I'm in NYC with husband and child we usually stay right by Central Park. But I'm definitely coming back to Trump Soho for girls' trip.

Room Tip: Higher floors for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beautifulworld
Dear Beautifulworld

Thank you for sharing your experience from your girl's trip. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our downtown location and the features and amenities in your suite. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I prefer boycotting Trump but a friend wanted to stay because she had a great rate for a 1br suite with 1.5 baths through VRBO & Jet Luxury Resorts. Turns out we only had one bath and the hotel said we had to go thru Jet Luxury who never returned the inquiry during our stay. Advertising scam. That said, the customer service at Trump SoHo was superb from Vanessa at the front desk to bellman and doorman. Location great. The suite itself was poorly designed at there was no bathroom door, a toilet door yes, but the door closed off the bedroom meaning the 3rd party in the other room would disturb those sleeping during the night. The toilet door made a loud bang when closed. We couldn't use the bathroom light cuz there was no door. For 2 nights we made do. And we paid a mid rate vs full rate, and not the originally promised discount rate, again no fault of the hotel.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are nice. Bathrooms are large (especially for NYC) with plenty of sink an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear C O

Thank you for staying with us at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our downtown location in SoHo. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and for sharing your feedback on our bathroom layout. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is in a great location right in the heart of Soho with great views of the shoreline and quick access to a lot of great shopping. As soon as I pulled up to the front of the hotel in a taxi, I was greeted by name as they opened the taxi door for me, I still haven't quite figured out how they did that. The great service continued for the whole trip, the room was beautiful. My name was displayed on the phones and tv, though they did get my gender wrong. (Can't win them all :)) There wasn't an uncomfortable position to be found on the bed. Honestly, "floating on a cloud" doesn't even begin to describe it. Highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Definitely worth getting a room on a higher level for the views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank aWANana2
Dear aWANana2

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and the personalized service we provide to our guests. I appreciate your feedback on the phone and TV displays and look forward to welcoming you back again.