“Wonderful Hotel with the best room views of NYC!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trump SoHo New York

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #116 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Hotel with the best room views of NYC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Myself and two other female friends stayed here in February on a girlie weekend/shopping trip.
The hotel is located quite inconspicuously on the corner or Varick and Spring street only a few blocks from the fabulous restaurants of Little Italy and literally a stones throw from all the wonderful shops in Soho!
When we checked in we were offered complimentray wifi throughout our trip which was wonderful considering the fact that it seems to have been a bone of contension with alot of other reviewers on trip advisor!
Staff were so friendly and helpful throughout our stay (including a trip to the cobblers to have a pair of heels fixed and returning a garment to 5th Avenue that hadnt had the security tag removed!!)
We had breakfast in the hotel one morning which was very nice if just a tad pricey and had room service on another occasion which was beautfully well presented and very tasty!
Our room was beautifully well presented, a very generous size as far as NYC standards go!!
The beds were so incredibly comfortable and the view, as the title of my review states, was one of the most magniifent views of NYC I have ever had!!! I travel frequently to NY and this was the most wonderful view i have ever had!
I will absolutely be staying here on my next trip and have told many others that they must stay here too! Highly recommened!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Highheeledlady
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Highheeledlady

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your girls weekend at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the views from your room and appreciate your nice comments about our staff. I look forward to your return visit.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Gorgeous hotel tucked in SOHO . Great views. Impeccable design + attention to detail.
It has it all and has the friendly genuine service that Trump Hotels are known for.
Got suite upgrade for my wife's birthday + special cupcakes + card for her.
Soho is such a great place to spend time + this is where to be in SOHO !!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear stuartbabcock

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear we helped to make your wife’s birthday celebration a memorable one and that you enjoyed our downtown location in SoHo. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Allentown,PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were upgraded to a king suite on 9th floor - corner room over looking intersection. The room itself was nicely decorated - the bed was superb - very, very comfortable with a thick down mattress pad. The bathroom was generous in size and tastefully done. The room itself rocked!

Next visit I would ask for a room higher up in hopes of not hearing the street noise.

On our checkout day we went back to use the facilities prior to driving home and found only one public bathroom in order. Meaning it was unisex...which made it awkward to do your business - if you know what I mean.

Overall the hotel is decorated very nice but noticed some of the details were slacking.

We would stay again if we were able to receive a discounted rate. I would not pay full price. I think there are better hotels at their full rate costs.

2 Thank scashner
Dear scashner

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your corner suite and the comfort of our beds. I appreciate your feedback on the street noise and hope to welcome you back again.

High Wych, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Could have not asked for a better hotel in downtown Manhattan.
Lucky enough to be upgraded to the penthouse, amazing views, amazing beds, amazing soaking tubs and beds so soft I never wanted to get out of them.
Not cheap but you certainly get what you pay for.
Close to all my favourite boutique stores and great restaurants we will be back soon.

1 Thank StevieS2000
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear StevieS2000

Thank you for sharing your stay with the Tripadvisor community. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed all the features of your room and our downtown location in SoHo. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Toulouse, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Trump Soho a few times in my trips to New York. The property is fantastic, the rooms are very clean and spacious (specially for NYC standards) and it is one of the few hotels in the city were you can be guaranteed to get a deep soaking tub.

Unfortunately, during my last Christmas trip the service experience was not exactly stellar. My husband and I fell sick during our stay and we did not exactly feel supported by the concierge people. However, after complaining to the GM, things started to be better and in the end they did correct the situation to our satisfaction.

While travelling around the world, specially far from home, service is what makes or breaks a hotel experience. In this case, I hope this was a one time thing, because I do like the hotel and I would definitely like to come back in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Clarisita

Thank you for staying with us again at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate you sharing your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to NYC. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I could not have asked for a better hotel to stay in for my 50th!!!! I even had three wee cupcakes + a birthday mesaage left in my room !!!! I need to know your secret of having me sleep the best sleep ive ever had in a hotel!!!! To sleep like that every night!!! I was sleeping on a cloud floating into la la land. I felt amazing!!! To the extent of dreaming about the bed when i came back home!!!! Thank you!!!! I was sad to leave!!!! I'll come again!!!

TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Martine830

Thank you for sharing your 50th birthday experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you had a memorable stay and enjoyed the comfort of our beds. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to NYC.

Aurora
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

First rate service and a great hotel with rooms that are large by NYC standards. It's not cheap but you are right in SoHo and walking distance to many greAt shops and restaurants. The spa is also fantastic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Phil S
Dear Phil S

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your services at the spa and our spacious rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.