“Beautiful Hotel in a great area of NYC”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
PA - USA
“Beautiful Hotel in a great area of NYC”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I went up for a weekend in March 2013. The hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating. They were happy to answer our questions and go out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The room was great as we had a nice one bedroom suite with the bedroom and living room separated over looking the Hudson. My only complaint.... parking. The one day price to park the car at the hotel in valet was around $65 per night. What I failed to realize was that it only lasted 24hrs.... I checked out 27hrs later and my bill was over $100 for parking. That I find ridiculous. So my only word of advice.... park at one of the lots outside of the hotel! Other than that.... great hotel, great Soho Location (away from the touristy mess of Times Square).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear BC4323

Thank you for staying with us at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay and thank you for your nice comments about our staff. I appreciate your feedback on our parking and look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed March 13, 2013

When I pay $400 a night for a hotel room, I expect to be overawed, impressed, and blown away with the details, the quality, and the enjoyment. Unfortunately at The Trump I was amassing disappointment after disappointment.

We checked in as a luxury place to stay in February whilst the blizzard threatened to hit NYC. I must say that the staff were brilliant and very helpful, from the desk to the cleaners to the doormen. That the hotel did get right. They also let us check in and out a little earlier/later than advertised which was a huge help. It was the rest that was a huge let down.

We were promised a room with free WiFi when we booked over the phone then told that was wrong when we checked in. They agreed, eventually, to give it to us anyway but it took a further two times for us to ask once we were in our room for them to give it to us.

The toilet paper in the room was the kind of quality I expect in a public toilet, thin and scratchy and not nice to use.

The lamp in the bathroom didn't work.

There was no bath oil/cream to use, so we had a beautiful bath and nothing to put in it. We had to go to the spa and order a specially created blend (at what cost?!).

Despite knowing/seeing we had a child with us we were not offered children's amenities which they promise as being part of your room when you check in.

You had to pay to use the spa and sauna which again, on their website makes you assume anyone can access, like in any other hotel.

Late at night some monkey in the room above us kept whacking our windows (as they open from the floor (dangerous with children in the room also) and screaming and shouting. We called security to get that stopped.

Also we appeared to be in a room that could adjoin the next room. Unlike every other hotel which has a thick door so you cannot hear through this interconnecting door, this one obviously didn't. There were a gaggle of women in this room and they were having fun. And we could hear every single word they said. They weren't being overly loud but there was literally no soundproofing between rooms. When they came home at 3am this was particularly annoying as it woke us up, and our baby. This is the most basic thing which should never be a problem. Even cheap motel's have more soundproofing that The Trump!

We discovered after not sleeping all night due to the overly soft bed that when we stripped it down it had something like 3 huge feather mattress protectors. The pile on the room floor was nearly 2m high! Finally we slept when we got the bed to a more normal mattress feel.

And finally, we ordered a morning newspaper and never received one.

So all in all, very upset and if I was going to NYC again to stay in upmarket luxury, then I would choose one of the other 20 worthy contenders.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Gillysgoneglobal

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

A good hotel with the nice staff.

Sweet modern furniture.

Room is big enough, which is composed of a bedroom and living room.
Try to reserve a room on the higher floor.

Large windows and a stunning view of NY.

Breakfast is not very big..and tasty... BUT you can order smth from the menu list...well typically American.

Quite small swimming pool, not so many sunbeds but always fresh towels and drinking water.
Very nice poolbar where you can taste delicious salads and drink refreshing cocktails :)

I recommend this hotel for people who is younger than 45 years old.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jekaterina_Tallin
Dear Jekaterina_Tallin

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay with us this summer. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our pool and Bar d’Eau. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Excellent service. Exercise facility is small but sufficient. Rooms were clean with great views. Trendy shops and restaurants are only a few short blocks from hotel, which is also near other neat neighborhoods (walking distance to meat packing). Would stay here again. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alex B
Dear Alex B

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy that you enjoyed our downtown location in SoHo and the views from your room. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to NYC.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 12, 2013

They say first impressions mean alot. Wow! Blown away by the service, the smiling faces and the warmth that we felt throughout our stay. The Front Desk was very welcoming, great feeling in the lobby. The spa services were so enjoyable and the staff was very helpful and welcoming. Koi was energetic, and great food! The view was amazing, the best sunset in years!
I can't wait to return and tell all my friends about this great experience.

Room Tip: Northwest Corner one bedroom suite has an amazing view of midtown Manhattan.
Dear Chrisk07042

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I am pleased to hear you felt welcomed during your stay and enjoyed your services at the spa. I look forward to your return visit to the Trump SoHo.

London
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed March 7-10. This hotel is the best location in NYC if you like spending your time downtown and in Soho. I have been to New York numerous times for work and for pleasure and this is my favourite hotel to date.

Upon check in - I was asked if I wanted to pay for an upgrade to a higher floor with a view. After having a chat with the front desk, I was very kindly offered a complimentary upgrade to room 3502 - which I believe is a Premiere King. What a view! It was our first wedding anniversary - and the front desk were terrific. I have forgotten the name of the person who checked me in but she was great and it was some of the best customer service I have received.

We did not have time to use the Spa or eat at the restaurant but they looked great.

Of course the general irritation of having to pay for wi-fi exists. At $14.95 a day it is expensive but this is not exclusive to Soho Trump. All hotels seem to do this now.

The only thing I would change is my own plans next time so i can get to use the pool, which is closed for the winter.

Room Tip: I think you have to get on the higher floor for rooms with a view. Without the view the hotel is goo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear NSGLondon

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo while celebrating your first wedding anniversary. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our downtown location and the views from your room. We do offer complimentary wifi in our rooms when the reservation is booked directly through our website. In addition, we also have complimentary wifi in our lobby for all guests and a complimentary business center. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

coventry
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed just under 2 weeks at the Trump Soho (18/02 - 01/03) and I can't recommend it enough. Friendly staff from check in to doormen, concierge and housekeeping staff.

Room was nice and clean and maintained by housekeeping to a very good standard.

We didn't make much use of the facilities (gym, spa) as we were out from morning to evening but I would definitely stay again and am already planning my next visit towards the end of the year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sav2427

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate your nice remarks about our staff and look forward to your return visit at the end of the year.