“Very nice hotel in great location”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #131 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Excellent service. Exercise facility is small but sufficient. Rooms were clean with great views. Trendy shops and restaurants are only a few short blocks from hotel, which is also near other neat neighborhoods (walking distance to meat packing). Would stay here again. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alex B
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Alex B

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy that you enjoyed our downtown location in SoHo and the views from your room. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to NYC.

Andreas Oberoi

Write a ReviewReviews (3,163)

Reviewed March 12, 2013

They say first impressions mean alot. Wow! Blown away by the service, the smiling faces and the warmth that we felt throughout our stay. The Front Desk was very welcoming, great feeling in the lobby. The spa services were so enjoyable and the staff was very helpful and welcoming. Koi was energetic, and great food! The view was amazing, the best sunset in years!
I can't wait to return and tell all my friends about this great experience.

Room Tip: Northwest Corner one bedroom suite has an amazing view of midtown Manhattan.

Dear Chrisk07042

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I am pleased to hear you felt welcomed during your stay and enjoyed your services at the spa. I look forward to your return visit to the Trump SoHo.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed March 7-10. This hotel is the best location in NYC if you like spending your time downtown and in Soho. I have been to New York numerous times for work and for pleasure and this is my favourite hotel to date.

Upon check in - I was asked if I wanted to pay for an upgrade to a higher floor with a view. After having a chat with the front desk, I was very kindly offered a complimentary upgrade to room 3502 - which I believe is a Premiere King. What a view! It was our first wedding anniversary - and the front desk were terrific. I have forgotten the name of the person who checked me in but she was great and it was some of the best customer service I have received.

We did not have time to use the Spa or eat at the restaurant but they looked great.

Of course the general irritation of having to pay for wi-fi exists. At $14.95 a day it is expensive but this is not exclusive to Soho Trump. All hotels seem to do this now.

The only thing I would change is my own plans next time so i can get to use the pool, which is closed for the winter.

Room Tip: I think you have to get on the higher floor for rooms with a view. Without the view the hotel is goo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear NSGLondon

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo while celebrating your first wedding anniversary. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our downtown location and the views from your room. We do offer complimentary wifi in our rooms when the reservation is booked directly through our website. In addition, we also have complimentary wifi in our lobby for all guests and a complimentary business center. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed just under 2 weeks at the Trump Soho (18/02 - 01/03) and I can't recommend it enough. Friendly staff from check in to doormen, concierge and housekeeping staff.

Room was nice and clean and maintained by housekeeping to a very good standard.

We didn't make much use of the facilities (gym, spa) as we were out from morning to evening but I would definitely stay again and am already planning my next visit towards the end of the year!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear sav2427

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate your nice remarks about our staff and look forward to your return visit at the end of the year.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We visited Trump Soho between 28th February and 4th March 2013. From beginning to end this was the most fantastic trip and we cant recommend Trump Soho highly enough.
When we checked in, we were exhausted from a long flight and delays at customs. A problem with our credit card was handled expertly and we were treated fabulously well by our check in agent Mohendra. Trump has checked with my boyfriend if we were visiting for a special occasion and he confirmed it was my 30th birthday. I was treated to birthday cupcakes (which were delicious) and a birthday card from the hotel. It helped make our trip so special! Mohendra also upgraded us to a corner suite. The room was breathtaking and we couldn't have asked for more. Waking up to views of the Empire State Building and Hudson River was fantastic.
The ever helpful doormen told us about Amelia's - a little breakfast place around the corner from the hotel. If you're staying at Trump you have to visit this little gem!! American style breakfast to die for!
Our suite was absolutely stunning, spotlessly clean, the comfiest bed we have ever slept in and lots of little toiletries and fluffy towels replaced every single day.
The housekeeping staff are discreet and incredibly efficient.
This hotel is an absolute must visit and will be our hotel of choice on future trips - in fact we loved it so much we are heading straight back at the end of this year.
I cant say any more - this beautiful hotel has to be seen to be believed. The highest standards and the most fabulous staff make this hotel perfect!! Thank you for the most memorable holiday ever!

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite which was bright and sunny and had fabulous views of the river and the E...

Dear Lindsay W

Thank you for sharing your 30th birthday experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay and thank you for your kind comments about Mohendra and our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back again at the end of the year.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on business many times. So I decided to comeback and treat my wife on her very special birthday by coming to NYC and staying in my view one of the best addresses in town. The entire staff obviously is well trained to make you feel special from the very moment. We decided to stay in a suite on the 30th floor facing the Hudson River. Breathtaking! The hotel is located in a great area, Soho! From the restaurants to the shopping to this grand hotel the experience was first class. We'll be coming back later this year for out 25th wedding anniversary. Can't wait!

Room Tip: Suites on higher floors facing the Hudson are breathtaking!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear John K

Thank you for staying with us again at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear your wife had a very memorable stay celebrating her birthday and I look forward to welcoming you both back for your anniversary. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay at the Trump Soho for five nights recently. Trump Soho has a perfect location in walking distance to many of the most interesting areas of New York and is the perfect place to stay both for business and pleasure. The hotel itself is impressive with nice rooms with fantastic views a cool bar and a restaurant with great food. Despite great design and interior I was even more impressed by the friendly and professional staff that always that provided as service level way beyond my expectations. I hope I get the opportunity to stay her next time I am in NY.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Pech2502

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.