“Great hotel, good location, friendly staff”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed just under 2 weeks at the Trump Soho (18/02 - 01/03) and I can't recommend it enough. Friendly staff from check in to doormen, concierge and housekeeping staff.

Room was nice and clean and maintained by housekeeping to a very good standard.

We didn't make much use of the facilities (gym, spa) as we were out from morning to evening but I would definitely stay again and am already planning my next visit towards the end of the year!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear sav2427

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate your nice remarks about our staff and look forward to your return visit at the end of the year.

There are newer reviews for Trump SoHo New York

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We visited Trump Soho between 28th February and 4th March 2013. From beginning to end this was the most fantastic trip and we cant recommend Trump Soho highly enough.
When we checked in, we were exhausted from a long flight and delays at customs. A problem with our credit card was handled expertly and we were treated fabulously well by our check in agent Mohendra. Trump has checked with my boyfriend if we were visiting for a special occasion and he confirmed it was my 30th birthday. I was treated to birthday cupcakes (which were delicious) and a birthday card from the hotel. It helped make our trip so special! Mohendra also upgraded us to a corner suite. The room was breathtaking and we couldn't have asked for more. Waking up to views of the Empire State Building and Hudson River was fantastic.
The ever helpful doormen told us about Amelia's - a little breakfast place around the corner from the hotel. If you're staying at Trump you have to visit this little gem!! American style breakfast to die for!
Our suite was absolutely stunning, spotlessly clean, the comfiest bed we have ever slept in and lots of little toiletries and fluffy towels replaced every single day.
The housekeeping staff are discreet and incredibly efficient.
This hotel is an absolute must visit and will be our hotel of choice on future trips - in fact we loved it so much we are heading straight back at the end of this year.
I cant say any more - this beautiful hotel has to be seen to be believed. The highest standards and the most fabulous staff make this hotel perfect!! Thank you for the most memorable holiday ever!

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite which was bright and sunny and had fabulous views of the river and the E...

Dear Lindsay W

Thank you for sharing your 30th birthday experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay and thank you for your kind comments about Mohendra and our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back again at the end of the year.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on business many times. So I decided to comeback and treat my wife on her very special birthday by coming to NYC and staying in my view one of the best addresses in town. The entire staff obviously is well trained to make you feel special from the very moment. We decided to stay in a suite on the 30th floor facing the Hudson River. Breathtaking! The hotel is located in a great area, Soho! From the restaurants to the shopping to this grand hotel the experience was first class. We'll be coming back later this year for out 25th wedding anniversary. Can't wait!

Room Tip: Suites on higher floors facing the Hudson are breathtaking!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear John K

Thank you for staying with us again at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear your wife had a very memorable stay celebrating her birthday and I look forward to welcoming you both back for your anniversary. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay at the Trump Soho for five nights recently. Trump Soho has a perfect location in walking distance to many of the most interesting areas of New York and is the perfect place to stay both for business and pleasure. The hotel itself is impressive with nice rooms with fantastic views a cool bar and a restaurant with great food. Despite great design and interior I was even more impressed by the friendly and professional staff that always that provided as service level way beyond my expectations. I hope I get the opportunity to stay her next time I am in NY.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Pech2502

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a great stay recently at the Trump Soho. The staff was amazing! We were celebrating my husband's 50th birthday, and I had mentioned it at the time of the reservation. When we checked in we were greeted with a "happy birthday!" and just minutes after arriving at our room, the hotel attache showed up with a plate of scrumptious mini cupcakes and a chocolate plaque that read Happy Birthday. What a nice way of personalizing our stay and helping to kick-off our birthday celebration.
The staff was great, the room was comfortable, and the location good. I would be happy to return to this hotel again.

1  Thank michelle c
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear michelle c

Thank you for sharing your husband’s 50th birthday experience. I am happy to hear we were able to help make his birthday celebration a very memorable one. I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the Trump SoHo.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a three night stay at the Trump Soho. The staff was accommodating and friendly. Our room was quiet, fully equipped, well decorated (urban chic) with nice sheets and a very comfortable bed. We had a very nice east view of the Hudson River, with automated sheers and block out drapes. The marble bath is large, with a separate rain shower and steeping tub, TV, and WC.

The lobby is small, which nicely masks the size of the hotel, with plenty of places for a quiet conversation. There is a library, casual restaurant and Asian fusion restaurant, Koi, all in the hotel. The workout room was perfectly nice with water and towels for guests. There is an outdoor pool and sitting area ( Closed for the winter.) We did not have time to try out the spa.

We will go back. We slept well and had great service. We are typically drawn to boutique hotels, but this was very nice.

Room Tip: Up high - way above street noise.

Dear beth35805

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your nice comments about our staff. I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed in the Trump Soho in January this year for 8 nights although the weather was horrid the hotel was fine. The doormen and staff were very pleasant, the rooms were clean and the bathroom large. The bed was extremely comfortable and the little kitchenette type area came in handy. We were upgraded for $30 a night to the 40th floor which had a great view over Soho and beyond. Soho is a short walk away and the train to uptown is also a short walk around the corner. The view from our room included the Empire State Buiding although most days you could not see it for the fog. No complaints to really speak of, would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear KJN_12

Thank you for staying with us at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the views from your room and the comfort of our beds. I look forward to your return visit to NYC.