“Location + Service = Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trump SoHo New York

Trump SoHo New York
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   246 Spring Street, New York City, NY 10013-1521 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer & Save More
Ranked #103 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Location + Service = Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great hotel in a convenient location. Neferteri (sp?) was wonderful at check-in. Our room had an AMAZING view of NYC. The hotel staff were very pleasant and friendly. The Library bar staff seem to need some help. The receptionist wasn't too friedndly and two of the servers were bickering with each other over a food order. Very off putting but kind of entertaining. Had drinks in the "Know Lounge" and were practically alone. They had a DJ playing great music, the decor is cool, but there were only 6 people in there on a Friday night. It was great but I wasn't WOWed (except by the view).

2 Thank AXL1977

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This isn't exactly a family oriented hotel, but yet worked great for us while traveling with our one year old girl - she just loved the room.

View towards Manhattan was amazing, staff really treated us well - especially the guys at the entrance -, location in unbeatable and overall we felt very comfortable. Only minus, at least in my opinion, is the bed - way too soft, something that after some hours of sleep starts to feel uncomfortable, something that you don't expect from such a nice hotel.

Still, I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay in Soho area, even those travelling with children.

Room Tip: Needless to say, the higher your room is located, the best view tht you will get.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank azg12
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Lovely hotel in a great location. Offered an upgrade to a one bedroom suite for $75 when we checked in (which was quick but a little stuffily executed) we took it anyway, a standard offer I see from other reviews. Room was a one bedroom with living room and fireplace with a view of uptown. Beautiful linens, comfortable bed and great bathroom with rain shower. We didn't really use the living room so a standard room would have been fine, and the $75 could of paid for the extortionate parking! Typical of NY I guess but still a shock on the bill. Main entrance is not well sign posted, could have been walking into an office building vs a high end hotel. Location was the main draw of this hotel, close to Union square and all the great restaurants and shopping of Soho. Roof top bar was quiet and didn't have any atmosphere with typical NY prices for a martini.Shame. I'd pay an off season price of $300ish for it but never $600 in high season, not worth that. Have stayed in other trump hotels and Chicago is by far the best we have encountered. Tired of time square and uptown hotels but next time may try the Mondrian which looks just as nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear ClarkyHalifax

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our downtown location in SoHo. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo on your next visit to NYC.

Berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights over Xmas this year in a 1 bedroom suite which I booked online for 3 of us staying. On arrival I was told we had an upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite with a sofa bed which would cost an extra $75 per night (not really an upgrade as this is what I booked and paid for). However when I raised this with the staff they immediately waived the $75 per night charge (so I should think) and we were looked after like royalty. Whilst the hotel is in a great location it is quite dark and gloomy inside and everything is ferociously expensive despite not being in the same class as some other 5 star hotels I have stayed. That being said everyone at the hotel was hugely helpful, friendly and welcoming and it is the staff that differentiate hotels from each other and we couldn't have been looked after better. A great job from the team but the hotel itself needs a bit of work.

Room Tip: Only had experience of the 9th floor but was a nice room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank NicN0c
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear NicN0c

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay over the holidays and appreciate your kind feedback on our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This is one of my favorite hotels! Our suite was wonderful. We were put on the 23rd floor and looked out over the Empire State Building and the Hudson River. The marble bathroom was enormous for a hotel room and had a seperate shower from the bathtub. You could look out over the whole midtown skyline from the bathtub. The whole suite was controlled by an automation system so you could adjust the temperature, close the curtains, or turn on or turn off the lights from one of the control panels or from a TV remote. The room was also family-friendly with a pull out sofa and a connecting bedroom available to create a two-bedroom suite.The location was great right in the hert of SoHo. The prices are pretty good for a five star hotel in New York City. I would highly recommend this hotel to people traveling here and I will be returning.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FamilyTripTrak
Dear Travel EZ

Thank you for sharing your family’s experience. I appreciate you choosing the Trump SoHo as one of your favorite hotels in New York City. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Room 3612:
I would start with the positive:
1-Location is excellent. Far from the noise with a metro station (subway) at 3 minutes walk.
2-Good customer experience. Thanks especially to all the gentlemen who open doors always with a smile.
3- Expresso machine....Big fan!
4- Awesome view from the 36 floor but....see below.

The negative now:

1- A splandid view as said before that's unfortunaltely hidden by a sofa in the middle of the window. Design of the room needs to be improved. When you sit with a cup of coffe or tea, you do not want to face the bed but the great New York city view that costs you $$$.
2- I travel a lot around the world so that I went through all kinds of hotel. This one is the first to offer an upgrade (vip expedia member) for which you must still pay some ... still don't get it. I was honestly expecting more content that we stayed for 6 days. Do a good gesture to the customer or don't do it at all.
3-Unless I am mistaken, the towels and sheets have been changed daily even if they are not on the ground (bravo for the planet), but the floor was not cleansed...hair (mine) everywhere.
4- No recycling, at least no dedicated tray.
5- Small lobby...I guess it's New York

This is a 5 star no doubt about it but sorry it does not worth the price paid. This is why I m givin it a poor value.

I didn't try their spa and breakfest so not much to say.

• 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank EtoileFilanteduSud
Dear EtoileFilanteduSud

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My fiancee and I traveled up from Washington, DC to spend a pre-Christmas weekend in New York. We drove up on Friday and planned to spend the afternoon working in our respective offices. Upon arrival, the valets and bellhops immediately unloaded our car and valet parked the vehicle. We went straight to check-in where we were greeted by some amazing front desk agents. Each one took time to ask us questions about our trip up and plans for the weekend. We were there celebrating our recent engagement and the front desk agent with whom we checked in upgraded us to a 38th floor room with Hudson River views...amazing! We spent the afternoon working, but returned back to the Trump SoHo to find champagne, strawberries, and a card entitling us to two days of in-room continental breakfasts.

Needless to say, our stay was amazing and the staff made things even better! To top it all off, I had parked my car about 3 blocks away on an adjacent street on our day of check-out. Traffic was getting rough and in an attempt to make things easier the bellhop rolled our bags the distance to the car and helped us load up.

I have stayed many places in NYC and lived there as well, however, the Trump SoHo will be my new 'home away from home' in NYC!

1 Thank Cabell R
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Cabell R

Congratulations on your engagement, I am pleased to hear that our team was able to make your stay a memorable one. I appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to welcoming you and your fiancée back to the Trump SoHo.