“Really great hotel”
Review of The Dominick Hotel

The Dominick Hotel
Ranked #131 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here for a week in the 1 bedroom suite and it was just lovely. Great service, new facilities and nice location. The food is expensive but you have to expect it at a 5 star hotel in NYC. Another trump success.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BC777
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear BC777

Thank you for sharing your family’s experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your suite accommodation and our downtown location. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Andreas Oberoi

Write a ReviewReviews (3,174)

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We've stayed at a lot of NYC hotels and the Trump Soho is by far the best value for a one bedroom suite. This does not mean it's inexpensive, but a comparable suite in midtown costs at least 30% more. We love the downtown location, the service is excellent, the restaurant, Koi, is fabulous and the gym is great. Morning room service is on time and hot. The Nespresso machine in the room is a big plus, too. Our kids live in two different neighborhoods in Brooklyn and they find the commute to the hotel pretty easy. We've stayed at the Trump Soho many times - it's our go-to hotel when visiting NYC.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view, but you'll pay more for it. This past visit we were u...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jill L

Dear Jill L

Thank you for staying with us again at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for your repeat business and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed here for one night earlier this month. Check in process was smooth, and the standard rooms are quite large by NYC standards. Comfortable bed for a good nights sleep, plenty of cool features like a pop-out microwave, large bathroom, and there was a partial view of the empire state building. The concierge was helpful with directions when required.

Unfortunately a few drawbacks such as long waiting periods for the lifts, the wifi internet is quite slow, and the swimming pool is seasonal only which means it's closed during winter.

I also dined at Koi and whilst the food is nice the portions are very small for the prices being charged. A nice once-off experience but there are so many other NYC restaurants which represent better value.

Would I return to Trump SoHo? Perhaps for a special rate to explore the Soho area more thoroughly, but this stay fell short of a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The South of Houston location is what brought me back and last minute deal on the room. Room service at any time, but in NYC why not go out and find anything your little heart desires? Nice bed, feels secure travelling alone, I saw guests with pets that made me feel at home. For the advertised price, this is not a value or a luxury- when they discount rooms two days before arrival it is worth the telephone call to have a full service hotel rather than a small boutique

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TheLuckyBoy

Dear TheLuckyBoy

Thank you for staying at the Trump SoHo while traveling for business. I appreciate your feedback and I am happy to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Pricier than a lot of the average hotels in NYC but if you are looking for something really nice that is reasonably price, this is perfect. Staff are genuine and the service is great. Hotel rooms are beautiful and the location is perfect for exploring the lower neighborhoods.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2pinacolodas

Dear 2pinacolodas

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed our downtown location in SoHo. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Great, large and modern rooms, perfect location in the heart of Soho and above all customer service that I have rarely seen at other hotels. The Trump Soho understands how important repeat business is and so they strive to make every stay impeccable. The last 2 times I've been, I've had a few small hiccups and they fixed the hiccups quickly and efficiently without batting an eye. For the price that New York hotels cost, the quality of room and customer service you get at other NYC area hotels, staying at the Trump Soho is a bargain. My go to hotel in NYC.

Room Tip: Any room is great, I recommend booking directly through the hotel as the deal is just as good online...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MTLMO
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear MTLMO

Thank you for staying with us again at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate your repeat business and I am happy to hear that we are your hotel of choice in New York City. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is absolutely great and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

The rooms are not huge but they are big enough. We took our 6 month old daughter who stayed in a cot and the room was still plenty big enough. The in-room nespresso is a nice touch.

The views are fantastic. We had a great view of the Empire State Building and the Brooklyn Bridge.

The bathroom similarly is fantastic and spacious with views that mirror those in the bedroom.

The staff at the hotel are all friendly, courteous and competent. The concierge is extremely knowledgable.

The only reason I have not given this a 5 star rating is because the wi-fi was not free because I booked the room through a third party provider. This drives me absolutely bonkers. It is 2012 and free wifi has to be a given: no ifs and not buts. It is like charging for tap water!

Otherwise I have absolutely no complaints and seeing a Hollywood A-lister in the reception tells you all you need to know about the quality of this hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear E3juniorbear

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your family’s recent stay. I appreciate your kind comments about our concierge team and am happy to hear you enjoyed the view of the Empire State Building from your room. In addition to the complimentary wifi in our lobby, we do offer complimentary wifi in our rooms when the reservation is booked with us directly. I look forward to your return visit to the Trump SoHo.