“TRUMP SOHO - "Luxury in a beautiful neighborhood'”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Orlando, Florida
“TRUMP SOHO - "Luxury in a beautiful neighborhood'”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My first experience in Trump chain of hotels and nevertheless, it was very impressive. I was staying for 3 nights from Nov 9th to Nov 12th after the horrific Hurricane Sandy that took place. The staff checked me in immediately upon my arrival & upgraded my room to a higher level (which was a lovely gesture) - I was put in room 3202 with a view of Empire States Building :) However, they have delivered a wrong letter with a plate of desserts addressing to Mr. Round during my first night which I was pretty surprised how they were confused. Nevertheless, they apologised for it.
The area is very cozy for a nice walk towards shopping, food (nice restaurants nearby) and it was close to subway line (that can lead you straight to JFK Airport via Air Train for just $7.25).
I managed to indulge for in-room dining : Breakfast and it was delicious.
The hotel is honestly a gem in the busy New York City yet it makes me home especially I was traveling from the other side of the world. On my last night, the staff called to offer an online check-in for my flight departure the following day which was very thoughtful.
Thank you for the exprience and I look forward to return to the hotel in my future trips to NYC & I hope all is good after the unfortunate Sandy that hit the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to face Empire States Building. A good night sleep is most definite to take...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michiko69
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Bee Kuan L

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your first stay with us at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your view of the Empire State Building and your in-room dining breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you back on future trips to NYC.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Nassau, New York
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I spent a night there to celebrate a momentous occasion and it was a very nice hotel. The rooms are well appointed and we had an absolutely gorgeous view of New York. The hotel has a great buzz, lots of cool people milling about the lobby. The only bar that was open was at their restaurant, Koi - the drinks were teeny and way overpriced - but hey, being native new yorkers, we weren't really surprised. Needless to say, we moved on after one drink.

One other negative that really surprised me - and granted, I do have a pet peeve about this: mildew on the grout in the shower. Really Donald?? (i even took a picture of it). Unfortunately this is way too common a problem, even at the finest hotels. You'd think at the prices they charge, the housekeeping staff could keep a grout gun on their cart and touch up as necessary (just saying...).

But overall - if you don't mind spending the money - I think you can't go wrong at Trump Soho.

And if you're ever in Chicago - the Trump there is just stunning and amazing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PickyNYer246
Dear PickyNYer246

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the hotel while celebrating your special occasion. I appreciate your feedback about our bar and showers and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have never written a hotel review before, but we had such an amazing stay at the Trump Soho Hotel that I feel like I need to write something. To start, when we checked in, we were told that they were giving us a huge upgrade. Our suite was stunning--comfortable, plush, impeccable, with wonderful views of NYC all around. But as fantastic as our room was, what really made the stay special was the staff. Everyone was so genuinely friendly, helpful,and thoughtful. I have never stayed at a hotel were the staff seemed to care as much about the guests as they did here. We went to the hotel for a Sweet 16 weekend for my daughter, and before arrival, the hotel attache contacted me to ask what kind of cake my daughter liked; when we arrived we found her favorite sweets and treats in the room, along with a huge bunch of balloons (including ones specifically for Sweet 16) and a personalized birthday note. The doormen greeted us by name, arranged last-minute transportation for us, and even offered to send up more cupcakes for the birthday celebration. The concierge, the front desk, the doormen, housekeeping--everyone we encountered seemed to want nothing more than to make our stay memorable and perfect, and they certainly did just that. I will certainly go back to the Trump Soho again!

Room Tip: High rooms have fabulous views!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PKD9
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear PKD9

Thank you for sharing your daughter’s Sweet 16 experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations and helped to make your daughter’s birthday a very memorable one. I look forward to welcoming your family back in the future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I loved my room at this hotel. Great view of the city skyline, super comfortable bed and huge bathroom. The service is personalized and friendly, and dinner at Koi is fabulous. Would definitely return.

Also, the room sizes are large by Manhattan standards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SarahDallas222
Dear SarahDallas222

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo on your next visit to NYC.

Paris, France
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel is very beautiful, you have an amazing view from the city and the whole room has Fendi furnishings. The location is also great to walk around, great restaurants and shopping but thats nothing new for me since I used to lived in Soho when I lived in New York. The only down side of the hotel for me is the service. I don't had anything special to complain about the service just the lack of it . I like to be pampered specially when I'm paying $800 a night. I have received better treatment in the four seasons and even the W. They didn't help my husband with his luggage or called us a taxi, it was like we weren't there. I'm not sure if it's because we are both young under 30 but it was definitely the worst service for this type of hotel. I'd recommend the hotel if you're in a business trip but not for a special occasion.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IsabellaPBM
Dear IsabellaPBM

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great service. I enjoyed the pillow menu. All the different aroma's helped eased the Sandy situation. By far one of the best views you can have in New York. We were able to view the Hudson, Ground Zero and the Empire State Building from my room. Also, great doorman and car service. They knew what places to go and the best time to arrive.

Room Tip: Premiere One Bedroom Suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hotfirejuice
Dear hotfirejuice

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our exclusive Trump Pillow Menu and appreciate your kind comments about our doormen and car service. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Interesting place right next to the village which is a lovely part of Manhattan.
The hotel is indeed welcoming and boast a glossy "bling-bling" atmosphere a la trump, not doubt!

Sleeping is comfortable with a good choice of pillows and the service is great and diligent. The place is a little pricey for what it is. Good modern bathrooms to relax in.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear ulysse5London

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our exclusive Trump pillow menu. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.