“Boutique Type Property in SOHO”
Review of The Dominick Hotel

The Dominick Hotel
Ranked #142 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 22, 2012

If you wish to be in SoHo area, this is a lovely property. It has a boutique feel, small lobby. The room is modern, my room had a view of the Empire State Building. The bathroom is large, single deep sink, tub for one, separate glass shower with rainfall and handheld wand, small TV and phone, nice big fluffy towels, marble shower and marble bathroom floor. I would prefer a bar of soap in the shower to the bath gel and would prefer a bath mat to a rug (mats can be washed for each guest, rugs are not as clean). The mattress is quite soft, hotel should offer room options with firm mattress. Bed linens are luxurious, duvet is nice, down pillows are wonderful, the hotel offers scented pillow options and would prefer if they add a lavendar option to the mix. Drapes can be controlled from the wall and from the bed. Desk is large, sofa and coffee table. Housekeeping does a fantastic job! Phone is available at the desk as well as bedside. The hotel has your Trump Card preferred music playing for your arrival, very nice touch. The internet and electrical outlets are built into the top of the desk - easy to get to - ingenious! The day before my departure, Ida, the hotel operator, phoned me in the afternoon to offer assistance with boarding passes, transportation, wakeup calls, and pre-order breakfast room service. That was a very nice touch and Ida is a lovely lady. The business center has two computers.
Hotel dining options are limited right now, Koi is expected to open in the Fall 2012. Room service is very good, reasonably priced. The bar menu at the pool is limited. Pool is small, no cabanas as noted on website. Spa is lovely, expensive. SoHo has limitations on restaurants, expect a cab ride to nicer places. Concierge lacks knowledge of the local restaurants. Was not impressed with concierge service but he did print menu's for any restaurant I requested. Expensive room rates - no riff raff here.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer views but probably not worth the premium. Mattresses are SOFT so if you have b...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear whocareswhoiam

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback with the Tripadvisor community. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments about Ida. I will be sure to share them with her. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Andreas Oberoi

Write a ReviewReviews (3,193)

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here for two days and had a great time. The staff was very friendly and helpful, specially Eugene (night-manager). The rooms where always clean and tidy, the housekeeping did a very good job here. The beds must be as good as it gets, never slept better!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ReneSandstad
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear ReneSandstad

Thank you for staying with us at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. I appreciate your kind comments about Eugene and our housekeeping team and will be sure to share your feedback with our team. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My expectations were high but these were exceeded! From a warm welcome to a fond farewell, as usual I needed to rush to the airport and forgot something in my room, this was immediately sent to me by lost & found. Stayed in a corner room with a fantastic view on the 36th floor. A Nespresso coffee in the room for a coffee in the morning was just perfect.
Staff was very caring and welcoming. Looking forward to coming back !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Salika0712

Dear Salika0712

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Trump Soho back in February 2012 with our 1 year old son and had some problems with our room and how the situation was handled by the hotel staff. I was later contacted by the hotel manager to discuss the issues and invited back to give the hotel another chance.

This past weekend we were finally able to take advantage of the invitation and spent the weekend at the Trump Soho, again with our child (now 19 months). To say the hotel redeemed itself in our eyes would be an understatement. From the moment we checked in to the moment we departed, the staff was amazing and the hotel was pristine. This is perhaps one of the most kid friendly hotels I've ever stayed at, complete with a full sized crib, bath accessories and toys and anything else you might need for the little one. The pool deck was absolutely gorgeous and again the staff treated us with the utmost respect and consideration. My son had an amazing time playing in the pool and neither the staff nor any of the other guests seemed to be annoyed by his laughing and screeching.

I would highly recommend this hotel to business and personal travelers alike -- especially if you have children!

Thank you Trump Soho for making our family weekend so much fun!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Angela G

Dear Angela G

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I truly appreciate you staying with us again and am pleased to hear your son enjoyed our kid’s amenities. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I have just come back from our baby moon from the uk. I have never written on trip advisor before but really felt that trump soho deserved an excellent review. We are both 30 and this is our 3rd time to new York. The location of the hotel on soho is superb. It's in a tendy area, lots of restaurants, boutique shops and larger shops but really chilled out. After leaving the mayhem of 5th avenue or times square it is a pleasure to come back to. Rooms are spacious with great views of the twin towers, our bath tub looked over the whole city. The rooms are decorated so well, with great touches like a microwave to warm new York pizza and a nespresso machine. All staff were so friendly and the house keeping excellent, the turn down at night was lovely!!! Pool is really brilliant to chill and cocktails really good, cannot fault ant of the stay at all! What's more we shared a lift and stay with Adam sandler so can't be all bad!!! Would highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Carlbennett

Thank you for sharing your babymoon experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased you enjoyed the views from your deep soaking tub and our room amenities. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in a corner suite on the 26th floor. Very elegant! The view was amazing. The room was luxurious. The bed was comfortable and the linens and towels were very upscale. Everything was electronically controlled - the draperies, the lighting and music - a nice touch to be sure! The room was small so I only gave a 4 but this hotel is a 5 in every other way.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear historyknut

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your corner suite and the electronically controlled features in the room. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you really want the luxury end of staying in New York then Trumps SoHo is the place to stay. From the welcoming staff, to the faultless service in your room and the delightful swimming pool it is the place to stay if you want to spoil yourself.

The rooms are large by New York standards with over size beds and a bathroom that has a separate shower, toilet and bath area where it was possible to watch the Olympics on the TV!!after a day sightseeing. There were stunning views from the wall to ceiling windows over New York.

Great location to go up and down Manhatten.

We would certainly recommend and want to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ensure you are high enough to be above the surrounding buildings. Book direct.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annettebeard

Dear annettebeard

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed watching the Olympics from the TV in your bathroom and the views from your spacious room. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.