“Amazing hotel”

Ranked #129 of 467 Hotels in New York City
TN
“Amazing hotel”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here 3 times. Each time the stay has been wonderful. Staff has bent over backward to be helpful. Awesome rooms. Cool pool and bar. Perfect location in soho. Easy to walk to shop eat and drink.
Doormen are always helpful and friendly.
The only complaint are the fancy room electronics....auto drapes, TVs, lights ....often have glitches. Front desk was helpful each time, but we had several minor issues.
We will return, no doubt.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JCFFB
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear JCFFB

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your most recent stay at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed Bar d’Eau and our pool. I thank you for your repeat business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (829)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I would say its worth every penny! Greeted with champagne and strawberries, room service twice a day, great views. Upgraded to a corner suite. No complaints. Pool is small but it is NY! Small hotel - I think only 12 rooms on each floor. Nice to be greeted by bellman and have them get you a taxi. Also lots of celebs stay there, saw paparazzi a couple of times.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear itravelusa86

I appreciate you sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the views from your corner suite. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed August 18, 2012

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left - we had an amazing experience at this hotel. Stayed for 6 nights, it costs - but its worth it. After a long day of sightseeing and shopping, it was amazing coming back to the hotel and relax. Rooms are fair in size, and the bed - OMG. Never slept better.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a luxury room, well worth it.
Dear amalie_nilsen

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. I am pleased to hear you had an amazing stay and we were able to provide some relaxation after a long day of shopping and sightseeing. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

varese
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Trump Soho is in a superb position to visit NYC, it is in soho district, walking distance to West village, Meatpacking, Nolita and other very nice areas.It has two subway station very near so you can go to midtown, Lower manhattan, upper west and upper east side very comfortably.

Rooms are fair in size and the details are very well appointed and designed, management of room curtains, lights and tv is automatized. Bed is super super comfortable. You can choose from 8/9 different type of pillow if you want. we appreciated a lot the Nespresso machine with complimentary coffee.
The view from the room was really outstanding. we had a corner view room at the 30th floor and the upgrade is really worthy. We had unobstructed view on Hudson river, Freedom tower, soho district, 7th avenue, the Empire State Building and Midtown.

Staff at the door, the reception and maid are really really nice, helpful and kind
Only details that I haven't liked: the air conditioning system in the room is noisy and the wifi is not complimentary (15$ a day).

Room Tip: If you want a better view, go for room at the higher floor, especially corner floor. the best view i...
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I highly recommend this incredible hotel. I felt like a king, and my two daughters and wife were the royal family. Never imagined a hotel could go this far in customer service, and the view from the room is something I will always remember! Thank you SoHo!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
north yorkshire
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed 2 nights. Booked because I wanted a good view of ny and higher floor room 3903 gave that as on corner. Only problem was the electric drapes to one window were broken - no view. Maintenance responded quickly but couldn't fix until next day which they did. Would have been very annoyed except they were so charming and offered to move rooms for us or free breakfast. we declined both so they extended our check out to 4.30 and then housekeeping sent up a bottle of wine, the whole episode handled expertly we thought.
Beds are divine with the best pillows ever. No iron or kettle in room, which I think should be mandatory in hotels nowadays.
staff all over the hotel very courteous and professional. Perhaps a bit too much knocking on the door from housekeeping, especially at 8.15 in the morning to ask if we needed any more towels, which was odd as I don't know what they thought we were doing with them as didn't use all we had.
great area if you like walking, Soho has the best restaurants and 3 of them a 5 min walk down Spring Street, had the best pasta of my life. walked to Battery Park and financial district along river and up 6th avenue to the park and lunch at mandarin oriental $130 for three course and wine and coffee, great view. Taxi back as quite a hike.
would highly recommend this hotel if you don't want to be in the madness of uptown ny, our first visit and glad we stayed downtown and would do so again.

Room Tip: go for the high floor city view
1 Thank louisa1956
Dear louisa1956

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our downtown SoHo location and the comfort of our beds. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have stayed at the Trump Soho on 2 occasions .Both have been extremely satisfactory .Both visits were in the summer so I had the benefit of hanging out at the outdoor pool .This was an ideal way to spend a lazy late afternoon sipping a drink while waiting to go out in the evening .The service was excellent & the bar was THE place to be in NY .The rooms were also very comfortable & spacious.We were in a large group & some people told us that some of the rooms did not have privacy doors to the bathrooms .I personally did not see this but I would confirm this with the hotel if this is important to you .I love the location .It is far enough from broadway which can be easily gotten to by cab which were plentiful at the hotel .Also walking distance to Soho & the village .I would definitely recommend the Hotel .It is new & clean & very schique

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear swmrmmk

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed both of your stays with us and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to NYC.