“Stunning views and wonderful service”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Birmingham, Alabama
“Stunning views and wonderful service”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The hotel is spectacular, to include the views from the guest rooms. We cannot say enough about the rooms and amenities included. The hotel staff went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. The Soho location is great! Treat yourself to at few nights at this luxurious upscale hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room on higher level for the most panoramic views.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear kksavage

I appreciate you sharing your feedback about your stay at the Trump SoHo. And thank you for the nice comments about our staff, I will be sure to share them with our team. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and the amenities we offer. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Anselmo, California
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at the Trump Soho for 4 nights over 4th of July. They were beyond helpful and met so many of our requests. The best was the night of the 4th when we didn't have a view of the fireworks and someone ( I can't remember his name! ) in an elevator that I complained to about this came and got us at 9pm and brought us to a closed suite stocked with cookies, brownies and apple juice for the kids and champagne for the adults and most important of all a perfect fireworks view. It was perfect. There are a few things that needed to be worked out - i.e. no restaurant or bar (besides poolside) at the moment. The service, however, and the spotless room with great views made the experience very memorable.

Room Tip: River view rooms are great but the view of midtown is fantastic.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear NVRam 123

Thank you for sharing your family’s experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear we were able to arrange a view of the fireworks from the hotel and everyone had a memorable 4th of July. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Vienna
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We just arrived from 5 days at Trump SoHo, loved the hotel.
First time, that we did not stay in Times Square area but found SoHo a great place to stay. 3 Subways stations very closeby, easy to reach every place in the City.

Staff all over the hotel was friendly and helpful.
Our room was on 39 floor with a great view. Only downturn was, that they struggled 4 days with a/c in the room. Service guys had to come 5 times. Finally they solved the problem.

Pool deck is absolutely great, cool atmosphere. Nice view, good drinks.

Overall, we would stay there again. Loved Trump SoHo.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Michael from Vienna

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our downtown location and your time at the pool. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Expect nothing but perfection from this Trump Hotel...We arrived early and they had our room ready, which made us so happy! Our room was big and beautiful...exactly like I like it! All staff members were professional and freindly and always helpful, they went above and beyond the norm. We will definetly be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dogsbythesea

Thank you for your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and thank you for the kind comments about our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bowral, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have recently returned from a 9 night stay at the Trump SoHo hotel with my mother and sister. It was our first time to New York City, it was even better and beyond all expectations. It was without doubt the best holiday ever.
The accommodation was superb, classy and sophistacted, very discreet. The hotel really felt like home, we even loved the smell of the hotel after returning from our outings each day.
The conceirge, doormen, check in staff all so friendly and helpful, the rooms were impaculatly clean and very comfortable.
The location was great - close to subway stations, walking distance to great restuarants, bars and shops and an easy cab ride to anywhere uptown.
For three women we felt very safe walking around the hotel location and our hotel.

We were all so sad to leave and we are all looking forward to hopefully visiting again someday.

Thank you to all staff for making our holiday one that we will never forget.

Room Tip: Higher falls have great views, one bedroom suite - perfect size for three adults.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Emma A
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Emma A

I appreciate you sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. And thank you for your kind comments about our staff. I am pleased to hear we met your expectations and helped to make your first trip to NYC a memorable one. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We just came back from a wonderful stay at this hotel. There were so many great reviews on here, so we felt fairly confident with our choice. However, the stay exceeded our expectations. We stay at many luxury properties and this one did not disappoint one bit. It will be the only hotel in NYC we stay at now.

We came with our six year little girl. She was treated so well by all the staff. From a special little bag of goodies at the front desk to a mini robe and slippers in the room for her. We noticed many children during our stay. I love that it's a child friendly hotel for families who still want a luxury hotel feel. For us travel is something we enjoy and we always bring our daughter. So, places like this make us feel very welcome. A big bonus.

The view is magnificent. After a long day of travel it's so wonderful to have the NYC skyline welcome you in your room. I would suggest a corner city view suite. The higher the better! That way you fall asleep looking at the Empire State building. Fantastic.

All the staff were very friendly and accommodated all our requests. Last minute theatre tickets, setting up drivers for a day of shopping/ airport, restaurant suggestions or bookings. The pool staff were great and kept us cool with fun icy drinks poolside. One server gave me a yummy free drink because they didn't have exactly what I was looking for. Sweet of her. These are the things we notice and appreciate. The Bell staff always opened doors or offered to take bags. They always wanted to help with directions or suggestions. They were genuinely nice.

Two things that stood out to us. We ended up having an issue with our flight due to weather etc. The hotel booked us right back in for another two days within minutes on the phone. We ended up not being able to get the same 2 bedroom suite we had, but they put up in a 2 bedroom penthouse at a discounted price. We got to have a great view of the Hudson this time. I also left behind my wallet in the room and realized right when boarding my flight at 6:00pm last night. They were on it right away and found my wallet and then said they would ship it. It got here this morning before I went and got groceries! Amazing.

Bottom line - we loved it and will stay again and again.

Room Tip: Corner city view suites. High floors.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear swankmommy

Thank you for sharing your family’s experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our concierge services and your daughter enjoyed her Trump kids amenities. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

UK
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I stay at the Trump Soho approx every 6 weeks and have been a fan to such an extent that I organise for people from our company to stay there most weeks.

For the first time this visit I asked if a 3pm checkout wd be possible. 'let me look'. 'I'm sorry but I'm afraid we're fairly busy tonight so we can't do'. 'but I stay regularly and have never asked before'. 'i'm sorry but you'd have to pay half room rate to extend'. 'but i thought it was because you were full, not that you wanted more money'. 'sorry sir'

One call moved me from a loyal fan to an irritated customer. Why be so petty?

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Brit98
Dear Brit98

Thank you for staying with us again. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. We appreciate your loyalty to the Trump SoHo and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.