“Nice Place to Be in NYC...”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #117 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Miami, Florida
“Nice Place to Be in NYC...”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Trump SoHo is the best hotel I have stayed at in NYC. The location is great, away from the big tourist areas and walking distance from SoHo,the West Village and Tribeca. A very world class property with contemporary decor.. I travel a lot through JFK and the Trump Soho is only a short 35-40 miniute ride using the Airtrain & E train subway. The subway station is a half block away and is faster than a car from JFK especialy during rush hour. Try it once and you will be hooked. Don't forget to pack a swim suit the pool deck on the 7th floor is realy nice place to relax if you get tired of the city.

Room Tip: Book a higher floor the views are spectacular especialy at night ( like a post card).
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mario0355

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (816)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New York, NY
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've stayed at the Trump SoHo on 5 occasions now and this was my first trip in with my kid. The hotel had a special "Family" promotion with lower rates and a rollaway bed and breakfast which made it perfect for a weekend trip to the city.
One of the best hotels in New York City and THE most comfortable bed in a hotel room you will probably find.
Service was spot on as usual and front desk is probably best in NYC as well.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request higher floors for fantatsic views of the city
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank javatrader
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear javatrader,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for your repeat business. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with your family. Please let me know if I can assist with any future reservations.

Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 4, 2012

From the minute we walked into the hotel we could sense that the people in charge of our stay were on top of their game. Smiles, everyone called us by our name. No hassle, I always take note to how well the employees are trained, their appearance, smiles and natural upscale attitude about your stay. There are standards at this hotel that you don't see in many other fine places. And, we felt like guests not customers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael K
Dear Michael K,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service from our associates. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2012

After 3 hours delay and 8 hours flight from Spain i arrive with my family and a 9 month baby to the Soho Trumph Hotel at 11pm. We had late arrival so we should have the rooms and everything was paid, what was our surprise when we arrived to the reception desk and they sold our rooms... AMAZING! nothing to say, nothing to do, just shut up and move to other Hotel at 1am.

We had travelled around the world in every kind of hotels from 6stars to hostels and this first time ever happens, and in a place called Trump SoHo NY even worst.

If you plan to visit NY and you had book in this Hotel, make sure they have your rooms and they don´t sell it to other client... Good luck and take care.

Juan Segui

Been in Trumph Soho Hotel 18th, 19th and 20th of May 2012
After the inconvenience we move to the Palace until the 27th and we had a great time in NYC

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
21 Thank juanseguisotos
Dear juanseguisotos,

Thank you for your feedback. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at 212.842.5525 or aoberoi@trumphotels.com.

Washington, DC
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have stayed in NYC multiple times in the last few years for work, and I have stayed at the Trump Soho at least 10 times. My most recent stay was in May 2012. This is an excellent hotel. One tip: if you book through the website, you can select an option to receive an upgrade to a suite based on availability for an additional payment per night (which turns out to be far less than the cost of booking the suite). I have gotten upgraded every time I requested it through the website. The suites are a real treat -- particularly the bathroom -- where the tub looks out a window. I have always had excellent service from the front desk and the staff. The only slight downside is that it has a slightly "corporate" or "generic" in terms of design. While everything is very luxe, it's not cutting edge design.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Buben
Dear Buben,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for your repeat business. I am pleased that you enjoy the upgrade offer, as well as the suite amenities. Please do let me know if I can personally assist with any future reservations.

Paris, France
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My wife and I have experienced one of the most wonderful stay in this hotel.
The staff was very professional and helpful.
The room and amenities were wonderful and amazing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christophe A
Dear Christophe A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Hershey, PA
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've stayed at many Manhattan hotels and have generally been overwhelmed by the price and underwhelmed by the lodging. I expected the same from the Trump SoHo. However, from the minute my taxi pulled up to the hotel to the time I left, I was pleasantly surprised over and over. The doormen who greeted us were smiling, friendly and acted as though they truly enjoyed their job. Check-in was quick, with the attendant asking me if I'd like a complimentary bottle of water (yes, of course!).

The room was spectacular! Even though I was only on the 11th floor, I still had a fine view. Bathrooms, bed mattress, linens, towels...everything was spotlessly clean and top notch. Bathroom amenities included shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, shower cap, sewing kit, qtips and mouthwash. My favorite thing of all was the hair dryer. It was a Barbar dryer (never heard of it before). My hair never looked better. I'm buying one of those hair dryers pronto!

Turndown service was automatic and put the final touch on an excellent experience. When I returned to my room in the evening, there was soft music playing. The drapes had been drawn and a fresh pair of slippers placed at the edge of the bed. A square of dark chocolate and a fresh bottle of water was left on the nightstand. ANOTHER bottle of water and a filled ice bucket were left on the wet bar.

The level of service at this hotel was just so refreshing. And, greatly appreciated after a day of meetings and travel. I'll be calling this my little SoHo oasis from now on.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CocoaBean
Dear CocoaBean,

Thank you for sharing detailed feedback about your stay. I am pleased that the service and amenities met your expectations, and I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Please let me know if I can assist with any future arrangements.