“Trumps most hotels I stay in”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #125 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Hong Kong, China
“Trumps most hotels I stay in”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed in Trump Soho for one night on business.

The hotel is extremely classy. The staff are elegant, helpful and polished. It has that top notch hotel smell - I'm not sure what it is, but it screams opulence and chic.

My stay was flawless. For some unknown reason I was upgraded to a corner suite (room almost large enough to jog around) which had fantastic views of Soho. The bed was the most comfortable I have slept in. The fittings and furnishings were super high quality and very well put together.

The location is really cool - handy for Soho, TriBeCa and the Hudson RIver Park. The hotel manages to seem intimate whilst also offering all the amenities of a top notch hotel. Great gym, lovely restaurant, my only regret was not having longer to play with all the facilities on offer.

Room Tip: Smile sweetly to score an upgrade - somehow worked for me!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Clarabellestare,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the hotel's downtown location. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (828)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Booked to stay end April/May following looking at reviews on here. Booked via BA website as they had the best rates available for my dates. Concierge had received coreespondence and worked extremelyh well to arrange suitable resturant bookings for me which all turned out to be excellent (well done Cullen !). Cars to and fro airports etc booked via hotel and were as advertised - courteous, prompt and efficient.
Room request for higher floor could not be met on arrival as full 100% occupied and as I didnt really like the view (or lack of it !) from my view I upgraded after 3rd night (when available) to a superb room with views to dies for so very thankful for reservations and front desk for them doing this - front desk were very approachable and concientous.
Door men excellent - very efficient in getting me taxis (the free hotel car was never available for me) but their advise was sage and welcome (the hotel had a vair few stars staying for the film festival but I was made to feel as much of a celebrity as they were !)
Bar staff superb - both the waitress' and mixoligist - to be recommended and the jazz bands a great way to relax and enjoy an evening.
Only had breeafast in the cafe but was excelloent and room service when I used it, to a very high standard.
Room cleaned and serviced as expected in a 5* hotel - toileteries had to be requested once but apart form that v good.

All in all it was an experience I want to repeat. SOHo is the location of choice for me and this hotel beats the tired SoHo Grand hands down. I will be back to stay later this year (Summer) and very much looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Book a high floor - I thought I had but hadn't and a request to move couldnt be accommodated for...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear sussexfella,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback about your stay at Trump SoHo. I will be sure to share your comments with Cullen and the team here, and I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of the hotel's amenities like jazz in Kastel and room service. Please let me know if I can provide any assistance with future stays.

Ocean, New Jersey
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Trump SoHo was first class. Staff was very helpful. All personal made an extra effort to accommodate our needs

When I stepped out of the hotel to hail a cab the door man offered me the house car. A Brand New BMW pulled up and took my wife and I to our destination. We felt like celebrities.

Room was a nice size, Bed Perfect, Well stocked bar and snacks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sal D,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel's amenities like the house car. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

London
Reviewed May 9, 2012

First time visitors to the Trump SoHo and we were looked after by all the staff very well. The location is in buzzy SoHo and a short walk to loads of local restaurants and shops. Our room was on the 38th floor whoch had amazing views of NYC.

The only negative was the $75 (Seventy Five) charge for 6 days of WiFi access which should have been FREE!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a higher floor to get the best views of the city
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mark2906,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the view from your room, as well as the downtown location. Please note that we do provide complimentary WiFi access in all of the public spaces including the lobby, restaurants and Library. I hope to see you again in the future.

Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2012

The hotel is great - rooms are wonderful and service is very good. The entire staff was very kind and helpful.

This hotel has a lot happening on weekend - stars, parties, etc. If you want a quiet stay - find another hotel in the city. If you like action, the location and atmosphere at Trump SoHo is perfect for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a good view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jonathan C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the room and service. I hope to see you again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Exceptional service.....loved the suite overlooking the Hudson River.When we were there it was still chilly so the afternoon sun that totally engulfed the room was amazing. The extra deep tub has amazing views at night. Waking up to my Nespresso coffee machine was a treat. The Food.....5 star all the way....do not stay here if you are worried about spending money because it isnt cheap!
But absolutely what you expect from a 5 star hotel. The bed......Heaven...enough said.The only slight negative for me was the gym.....forget doing a serious weights workout....cardio and machines rule....not one flat bench at the time. All in all great experience.

Room Tip: Choose a high room for the views.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear nookinoo,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, including the room amenities and the food and beverage offerings. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

South Africa
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here last year (this review is a bit delayed) and it was the best hotel experience I have ever had! Firstly I checked in early as my flight landed at JFK at 7am, I asked if I could leave my bags with the staff in the lobby, full expecting to have to walk the streets as I was way too early for my room. The reception staff were amazing, they phoned to check if my room was ready and then gladly booked me in! I was over the moon, as it allowed me the luxury of a hot shower after a long flight, a soft bed and a power nap before meeting up with my colleagues later that afternoon.

Then my room was incredible, 35th floor, with a view out over the Hudson, the financial district and Tribeca. The room was spacious, luxurious and catered for my every need. Having to travel for work is often a pain, but knowing that this was my room for three nights was a pleasure.

I run quite a lot and upon my return from an afternoon jog, one of the doormen fetched me a bottle of water as I entered the lobby. This attention to detail doesn't go unnoticed. Breakfast was also excellent and the service superb.

I must congratulate the Trump SoHo on meeting and exceeding all of my expectations. I left New York on that trip with a newfound lover for SoHo and the West Village and while my subsequent trips to New York haven't made sense for me to stay in SoHo (due to business taking place either further south or north in Manhattan) I would love to stay at the Trump again one day.

Stayed September 2011
Dear woodee1,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, the service elements, and the downtown location. I look forward to welcoming you again.