“Fabulous...except for the regular price”

Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC
Ranked #88 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Roxboro, North Carolina
“Fabulous...except for the regular price”
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Everything about the experience was top notch...but their regular prices are out of my league. Would love to go back often, but must wait for another half priced trial offer. Found my deal on Expedia and glad I did. Magnificent room with balcony, separate living and sleeping areas, kitchenette and washer/dryer. May sound a bit downscale, but it was anything but. This hotel was contemporary luxury throughout...and the staff was even better. Did not get to eat there so can't comment.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed November 26, 2010

This hotel was recently opened, and it would appear as they either rushed to get it open or ran out of money a month out and skimped on the finishing touches. I often stay in this area of NY and was excited that this may be my new favorite, I checked out 3 days early. They are somewhat minor complaints but for the price paid at this property is not acceptable. Much like other Gansevoort properties, there is a bar scene in the roof, and I was asked too many times to display my room key to get in the hotel and elevators... one in the elevators I was asked on 4 occasions to let someone in the roof with my key. The rooms do not have what I would consider hot water by any means, it made showering uncomfortable. My dislike for the decorating aside, you can spot remnants of plastic packing material on corners and seams of furniture, minibar door was missing a handle but had a holes for screws, the titles in the bathtub had some extra holes drilled which cracked the glass and were plugged with plastic washers and the vents did not fit the openings leaving space to the sides in the drywall. Again all very minor but something I would not accept in a room past the $400 mark. The pool also already looks filthy and is VERY small, knowing this area is open with the bar it seems like 1 too many drinks have already been poured in it.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I would 100% recon my family and friends to stay that hotel....It's new fresh and quality of room are execellent...

One night went to sister hotel Gansevoor in Meatpacking Market....what a food....

I love this hotel...will plan next year again...with family...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2010

We stayed at the Gansevoort Park Avenue from Nov. 22nd -24th, 2010. The hotel is nice and new with a helpful staff. The rooms are clean except for breadcrumbs on the box spring (we were checking for bedbugs - none found). We had a Park Avenue suite which is very big and has 3 balconies. Unfortunately, we were on the 7th floor and so traffic noise was loud and clear.

Overall, we had a good impression of the hotel until a single event really left a bad taste. The hotel has a Porsche service whereby a Panamera is on standby for guests who need a ride to anywhere. Our first morning, we saw the car parked in front and asked if we could have a lift to midtown. We were told that two other guests had reserved the car ahead of us and that in the future, we should call down or advise the doorman in advance. The next day, upon returning from some shopping, we again saw the car parked and available and asked the doorman if we could get a lift to the theatre district. He said no problem. We asked him to wait for us for 5 minutes so we could drop our bags off in our room and he agreed. When we came back down to the lobby, the car was gone! We asked the doorman what happened and he said: "sorry - the owner of the hotel took the car". We asked if he knew that we had just reserved it and he sheepishly said "yes but he took it anyways". What selfish disregard for his guests! I don't care that the guy owns the car - he puts it at the service of his paying customers and then jumps the queue. Anyways, this left a real distaste and is a long way from 5 star service. To the owner of the hotel - you should fire yourself, just as you would have fired an employee who pulled the same stunt.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank abench59
Toronto
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I recently enjoyed a four night stay at the Gansevoort Park Avenue property. Despite the hotel being fairly new I have to say the service was flawless. The hotel is very well designed, better than their sister MPD location in my opinion. The rooftop bar, lounge, pool are all amazing and the food and cocktails served up there is great!

The nightclub and restaurant were not open yet during my stay, but I have no doubt that they will be just as hip and successful as the rest of the property. Park Ave South seems to be the new area for great restaurants (try Hurricane Club)

I usually stay in MPD or SoHo but decided to try Park Ave South to experience this new hotel and I have to admit it was a very convenient location. It's close to both the 5th Ave shops as well as SoHo so getting to either area took less than 10 - 15 mins (without traffic). As well, Eataly is only blocks away and is a "must try" when in NYC next.

I definitely recommend this hotel for the traveler who wants to be centrally located in a well designed hotel with a vibe, great service and hip guests. I have stayed at each Gansevoort property and have yet to be disappointed. This new property is a great addition to their successful portfolio.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Zark17
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 22, 2010

From Check-in to Check out, I wasnt disappointed. Rooms are Spotless and Large. All amenities, top to bottom are high-quality. There's nothing like that 'brand-new' feel! Service was friendly and available. Bar had a great scene. Cant wait until the Italian Restaurant opens. Stayed overnight for business but cant wait to bring the wife next time. Great location for midtown access. 'Thumbs up' all the way!

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I stayed at the Gansevoort Park in a mixture of business and leisure trip after seeing the reviews in Trip Advisor. The room was spacious and beutifally furnished, all glass window with a small balcony. Nice view of the city.

The rooftop pool was amazing as well as the service and the kindness of the staff. Concierge always trying to make you feel well served.

The location is also nice, not typicall midtown Manhattan with good restuarants and service.