“Holiday Party Saviors”

Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC
Ranked #86 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Christina and Joe saved my night a couple of weeks ago. The entire sole of my shoe fell off and I needed a strong adhesive. Christina called the engineering department and Joe ended up bringing down some crazy industrial glue. 10 minutes and I was back to my party. Can't forget the coat check woman either, asked her before I went to the front desk, I forget her name though. Thanks again!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear colepequignot,

Thank you for the review. We were more than happy to assist you in a time of need and will inform Christina and Joe of your gratefulness. Wardrobe malfunctions happen to the best of us! It sounds like your evening took a turn for the better and we look forward to taking care of you again.

Gansevoort Park

Write a ReviewReviews (2,380)

Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a few shows we wanted to see on broadway. The room service was great and the rooms were comfortable but loud on a Saturday night. It's got a great energetic vibe. And I like the central location to all NYC offers. Get a high room on a dat night.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear drewhughru,

Thank you for the great review. We loved having you and are delighted with your praises. We apologize if you experienced any disturbances, and are pleased to inform you that our reservations team is always more than happy to transfer guests to a room better suited to your needs. We’re glad you enjoyed the energetic atmosphere – there’s nothing like spending time in the city that never sleeps. We can’t wait to see you again.

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a treat for our 13th anniversary. We rented a suite and it was decadent!! The room was HUGE! It came with a bar, living room with pull out sleeper sofa, dining room with an espresso machine, 2 full bathrooms..one with sunken tub and the other with a walk in shower, 2 balconies, and king size bed complete with monogrammed bedding! Yes, our sheets were monogrammed with my initials upon arrival!! Needless to say we had an amazing time!! The staff at this hotel are incredible! Nothing was ever an issue including several requests for ice. They anticipated my needs before I knew I had one! The decor was beautiful and sleek. The fireplace in the lobby is sublime. Valet parking was easy and room service was prompt and polite. The pool is incredible and I felt like I was on the set of a Hollywood movie! Hip and chic beautiful people everywhere. Checkout was effortless and we are most definitely going back. What an amazing fun time in this beautiful hotel!! Loved it!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank russmuscle
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear russmuscle,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re glad you celebrated such an important anniversary with us. We believe the little things make all the difference and will continue to provide you, and all of our guests, with the royal treatment every time. We hope on top of our 5 star service, you had some equally perfect NYC experiences. Please let us know if you ever need our concierge to make any recommendations or book you into a restaurant. We’re very much looking forward to your next visit - don’t stay away too long!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We were really hesitant to book here but got a good deal by booking with air 8 months in advance through Expedia.The reviews were overall good but a few red flags like the noise from the roof top bar. I decided to send an email to the HG digital assistant explaining my concerns and also we were celebrating a birthday on Thanksgiving. When we arrived we were thrilled with the style and ambiance .GREAT staff ,we are a gay couple in our fifties and even though it's 2013 and a lot has changed we never know for sure how we are going to be received. Everyone from front desk to doorman treated us like honored guests . We were given a great room ,1417, with a balcony overlooking Park ave. A bottle of champagne waiting in the room for us.
Beautiful Room ,we are both sensitive to interiors and this was perfect. Next time we will try there property in the meat packing district.
I hesitate to even bring this up and I know after staying in higher end hotel's not to expect it but would have loved a Coffee maker in the room. There's a Starbucks right across the street so no problem walking over. I realize we could have ordered coffee thru room service but I'm too frugal to pay $17 dollars plus $5 for delivery. I think we got spoiled on a Oceania cruise we were just on.
Thanks Gansevoort staff ,,you were amazing!

Room Tip: Write ahead if you have concerns it payed off for us . I think they really tried hard to address our...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave M

Dear Dave M,

Thank you for the honest and detailed review. We will always welcome you with open arms, and are delighted you chose to stay with us. It may well be possible for us to place a Nespresso machine in your room next time you visit us – just make sure to email ahead of time with the request.
We also have a great many special deals regularly on offer, so perhaps keeping a check on our Facebook page would help you to find a suitable option for your anticipated stay at our Meatpacking location.
Please also feel free to contact digital@theghg.com with any further queries. We look forward to seeing you both again soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I'm a former resident of Manhattan who now comes back to NYC 4-5 times per year and I've now stayed at the Gansevoort Park a half dozen times. It has become my preferred hotel for all my trips.

The location is perfect and super convenient to both mid-town and downtown, the rooms are pretty big by NYC standards and I've always found the hotel to be very clean and well kept. The whole place has a small, hip hotel feel without being pretentious or annoying in any way.

The best thing about Gansevoort Park though, is the staff. Always courteous. Always pleasant. And always helpful.

Because I live in Asia, I tend to order a large number of hard to get things from Amazon and have them delivered to the hotel on my arrival. The front desk and bell staff have always been very helpful in locating boxes, returning boxes and ferrying box after box up to my room.

I recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveler259916

Dear Traveler259916,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re so glad you keep coming back for more! We love having you, and will continue to provide you with the high quality service for which you have become accustomed (no matter how many boxes we have to ferry!).

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed at the Gansevoort in November with my boyfriend and it really is one of the most stunning hotels. The rooms are huge - massive bed, and big lounge area - and the service is impeccable.

The location is fantastic and really near Grand Central, Central Park, Times Square and all the main places to visit.

Nick - one of the hotel's lovely doorman was a top guy. He really went out of his way to help us out with recommendations, tips and advice on the best places to go.

The hotel sports bar is great and the cocktails are awesome.

All in all one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EmilyCoen

Dear EmilyCoen,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re thrilled with your sentiments and will pass them along to Nick and the rest of our team. Isn’t our ground floor sports bar, The Windsor, a wonderful added extra? We hope on top of the delectable cocktail selection, you were able to sample the mouth-watering Sriracha Buffalo Wings!! We’re looking forward to seeing you both again soon!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Recommended by a well travelled friend, we enjoyed the stay. Rooms were not NYC small and very chic. Rooftop bar/lounge was nice as was the rooftop club. Location was great from LaGuardia. Easy to walk to 5th ave, Central Station and Times Square (if you like to walk). Cab rides to Soho, West village and meat packing were all around $10-12. Would stay at this location again without hesitation.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sepman1

Dear Sepman1,

Thank you for the lovely review, and please thank your kind friend for the recommendation. We’re so glad you found our location desirable, and even more thrilled to hear you had time to visit our beautiful rooftop lounge & club. Isn’t it the perfect way to take in a wintery Manhattan? We very much look forward to taking care of you next time you’re in town.