2,601 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgansevoort hotelexhale spagrand deluxe roomnew yorkthe empire state buildingtrendy hotelhotel guestsamazing hotelunion squaremini barnyc hotelby nyc standardslocation was perfectsubway stationtimes squareconcierge
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed at the hotel sept 12-14 and had a fantastic time. This is our second time there and we will definitely go back. The rooms were spacious for New York and we even had a small balcony. We never ate at the hotel but they have a great bar at the top of the hotel that is hopping at night and being a guest at the hotel you don't have to wait in the long line to get in.
A must is walk over to Eataly which is Mario Batali's grocery store with seven restaurants inside, it is great for lunch.

Room Tip: Book a corner suite
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike Y
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Royalton Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear MikeTravels1974,

Thank you for the great review. We love when our guests keep coming back for more and we look forward to your third visit. We’re glad you experienced the expansive city views from our rooftop. Next time, check out Ristorante Asellina in our hotel for authentic and convenient Italian cuisine. Start off with the crispy calamari and then indulge in a sausage flatbread with pesto, oven-dried tomato and fiore sardo. We bet you’d also love the nearby ABC Kitchen or Craft restaurants for fresh farm-to-table eats. The options go on and on! See you again soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stay at this hotel everytime I am in NYC and it is always so great! Great location, extremely clean, and excellent staff! Overall, a great experience for any traveler into the city! They have a great restaurant which provides amazing room service. Also, the gym offers exercise classes which were great!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Cari712,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re thrilled with your sentiments and will pass them along to our team. If you stay with us again, we’ll point you towards experiences in New York City you have yet to discover. Spend an evening at a renowned restaurant and later head up to our rooftop for unbeatable views. Also, check out the therapies Exhale Spa offers. Their therapeutic massages will melt you into blissful relaxation. There’s nothing like making Manhattan memories! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed for eight days in November. All you could expect from a first-class hotel: spacious room, bath with separate shower, attentive staff, close to subway station, lots of restaurants nearby. Stayed in the Gansevoort Meatpacking district several times - both show the benefits of expert management!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Royalton Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear WoodyLondon,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re thrilled with your sentiments and will pass them along to our team. If you stay with us again, we’ll point you towards experiences in New York City you have yet to discover. Spend an evening at a renowned restaurant and later retreat to our rooftop for unbeatable views. There’s nothing like making Manhattan memories! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

As a frequent traveler I've stayed in hundreds of hotels in all price ranges and I cannot recall being treated worse than I was at the Gansevoort Park Avenue. I injured myself by slipping in the shower, a shower, a shower that everyone acknowledge was supposed to have a mat, mine just didn't, sorry. My room was right next to a stairwell and housekeeping would bang things into the wall so hard it would quite literally rattle the artwork on the wall. Between my lack of sleep from back pain and this outragous noise I requestes a late check out so I could rest my back for as long as possible. Sure I could check out late, just have to pay half a day rate. To top off all of this, I forgot some clothing. I called as soon as I realized and was treated beyond rude. I guess I can get them back if I call a shipping company and arrange a pick up, not sure how I'm supposed to know how big the package is or how much it's going to weigh, but that's my problem.

Never again...they may be "uber-chic" but beyond a few polite individuals at the front desk this place needs an extended lesson on empathy and all the finer points of customer service.

Room Tip: Stay away from the x01 rooms, they are right by stairwells used by housekeeping and they do not care if you're sleeping
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank FGavitt

Dear FGavitt,

Thank you for the review. We are sincerely disappointed in your negative experience and apologize for the issues during your stay. We are looking into your shower incident to ensure that this does not happen in the future. Showers can be slippery, and you're right, there needed to be a mat to prevent any accidents. Additionally, a well-rested sleep is crucial during vacation and we regret you were kept up. Our reservations team is always happy to move guests to a more secluded room. As far as the problem with shipping your clothes, we apologize for the miscommunication and hope it was sorted out. Please contact us at digital@theghg.com with any questions or further concerns regarding your stay. It saddens us you won’t be returning because we’d love the opportunity to surpass your expectations next time around.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Went to this hotel for a girls weekend with my daughters,check very pleasant,concierge helpful,room stocked! Even change of underwear for the lady! Beds and bathroom clean,towels linen etc,most important. Atmosphere very N.Y.C. Good place to stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank justhtetwoofus

Dear justhtetwoofus,

Thanks for the great review. We’re delighted you enjoyed every aspect of our chic Midtown property. If you visit again, we’ll lead you towards more opportunities to expand your Manhattan experience! Check out the nearby ABC Cocina in the Flatiron District for eclectic and alluring cuisine. Head to their brunch for classic huevos rancheros or crunchy Mexican spiced French toast. You won’t be disappointed. We hope to see you again soon.